Highlighted
M_H
Level 1: Cadet

Sudden increase in Upload

Answered

Like many before me I'm now seeing an unexplained increase in my daily Upload (no change in Download). It started suddenly in August when I got the normal messages and was fortunate that total usage reached my 100GB monthly limit on the last day of the billing period. This month it has continued, with Upload generally in the 2-3GB per day range.

I have no new hardware, no new software and no changes to my pattern of usage.

I've switched off the 2 x laptops, tablet and disabled Wi-Fi on the phones at different times all to no avail. I don't have a smart TV.  Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Sudden increase in Upload

You could try changing the Wi-Fi passwords in case some one is using your network.

Install Glasswire on the laptops and if the are phones are android devices  also install it on the phones. The basic app is free and will tell you which apps are using data the direction of the data and its destination. Using the app you should be able to tell which  device and app is using the data.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES
Accepted Solution

You could try changing the Wi-Fi passwords in case some one is using your network.

Install Glasswire on the laptops and if the are phones are android devices  also install it on the phones. The basic app is free and will tell you which apps are using data the direction of the data and its destination. Using the app you should be able to tell which  device and app is using the data.

oomoodada
Level 2: Rookie

I'm not so sure that is your problem. I have just noticed that my august bill was 35+ GB and I know that no one else is using mine and neither am I. It is still well inside my plan allowance but I have never used more than 22  and that was only on one occasion in the 2 yrs of my previous plan. There must be another reason for the spike and it would be so nice if someone from telstra was brave enough to come out and say what the reason is most likely to be. 

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more