Highlighted
Scottik1962
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra Pre-Paid Extra FAQ's

Answered

This is what the say for the $20.00 Data Pack

$20 
Data Pack

For use with your active recharge in Australia. Data is saved directly into your Data Bank. Data Bank has 50GB limit. Any data that goes over won't be saved.

What it does NOT say is the expiry. Does this data have an expiry date or does it go forever until the 2.5gb has been all used?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra Pre-Paid Extra FAQ's

Hi Scottik1962,

When you purchase a Data Pack the Data goes directly into your Data Bank.
The Data Bank doesn't have an expiry date.
The only time that you'll lose your Data is if you change your Prepaid Offer.

In the below link scroll down and click on "Pre-Paid Extra FAQ's"
No.12 states there is no expiry date for a Data Pack.
No.2 explains How Data Bank works, Saving Data and Using your Data Bank
2. How does Data Bank work?

Saving data – up to 50GB:

When you recharge $30+ before expiry, any unused data is saved into your Data Bank.The Data Bank is capped at 50GB. Unused data over this limit will not be saved.You can directly top up your Data Bank by buying Data Plus Packs.Any bonus data we give you is also saved in your Data Bank.

Any previously saved unused data is yours to keep for as long you like while you stay on Pre-Paid Extra.

Using your Data Bank

You can access the Data Bank when you’ve got an active rechargeYou’ll automatically start using your Data Bank once the data included with your current recharge is used upIf you let your recharge expire, your Data Bank will remain on your account. Just recharge again on Telstra Pre-Paid Extra™ and you can access that Data Bank while your recharge is active.Your Data Bank won’t expire unless you change offer.
https://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/prepaid-mobiles/prepaid-extra
I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra Pre-Paid Extra FAQ's

Hi Scottik1962,

When you purchase a Data Pack the Data goes directly into your Data Bank.
The Data Bank doesn't have an expiry date.
The only time that you'll lose your Data is if you change your Prepaid Offer.

In the below link scroll down and click on "Pre-Paid Extra FAQ's"
No.12 states there is no expiry date for a Data Pack.
No.2 explains How Data Bank works, Saving Data and Using your Data Bank
2. How does Data Bank work?

Saving data – up to 50GB:

When you recharge $30+ before expiry, any unused data is saved into your Data Bank.The Data Bank is capped at 50GB. Unused data over this limit will not be saved.You can directly top up your Data Bank by buying Data Plus Packs.Any bonus data we give you is also saved in your Data Bank.

Any previously saved unused data is yours to keep for as long you like while you stay on Pre-Paid Extra.

Using your Data Bank

You can access the Data Bank when you’ve got an active rechargeYou’ll automatically start using your Data Bank once the data included with your current recharge is used upIf you let your recharge expire, your Data Bank will remain on your account. Just recharge again on Telstra Pre-Paid Extra™ and you can access that Data Bank while your recharge is active.Your Data Bank won’t expire unless you change offer.
https://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/prepaid-mobiles/prepaid-extra
I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

Telstra 24x7®

Keep tabs on your estimated usage with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now