darrenrr
Level 1: Cadet

Ultimate plan Personal Hotpot and data usage

Answered

Hi if you take out the Telstra Ultimate Plan $199 p/month with unlimited data and best available speeds, can you Wifi Hotspot from your iphone to Apple TV or screen mirror to your smart TV to watch Netflix without receiving a breach of fair use policy as it is only supposed to be used for in a smart phone ?

2. Can you insert the mobile phone SIM into an Ipad and watch Netflix or would this be blocked or in breach of the policy or constitute data sharing ?

The reason I ask is I don't have home fixed line internet and was hoping to use the data for personal use in watch Netflix via Apple TV (hotspot) or would place SIM into Ipad due to the recent ACCC ruling that Unlimited data means exactly that. The sales person at the Telstra Store told me it should not be a problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: Ultimate plan Personal Hotpot and data usage

Hi @darrenrr

You will still have the ability to hotspot your mobile device on the Ultimate Unlimited Plan, and usage is fine for personal use. 

The SIM can only be used in a mobile device, so it won't work if you attempt to use it in a tablet device such as an iPad. 

So for your situation where you would like to watch Netflix, you could hotspot your mobile to the tablet or Apple TV, and they connect to your mobile's WiFi hotspot. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: Ultimate plan Personal Hotpot and data usage

Hi @darrenrr

You will still have the ability to hotspot your mobile device on the Ultimate Unlimited Plan, and usage is fine for personal use. 

The SIM can only be used in a mobile device, so it won't work if you attempt to use it in a tablet device such as an iPad. 

So for your situation where you would like to watch Netflix, you could hotspot your mobile to the tablet or Apple TV, and they connect to your mobile's WiFi hotspot. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more