Miami1
Level 1: Cadet

Webmail mailbox size increase? Or how to delete emails..

My mailbox was full, Bigpond says no increase in size is available. Bigpond also says I can't export a heap so as to reduce quota. I can't delete any more than 50 emails at a time - this is ridiculous!!!

Anyone found a way around this - apart from going to another provider???

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Webmail mailbox size increase? Or how to delete emails..

Use an application like Outlook or Thunderbird. That way you can bulk delete, archive, group, etc

Webmail is very limited in its functionality no matter who your provider is.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Miami1

I do use a mail client, but Bigpond's webmail comes with my bigpond email account, so is a backup for me. All webmail apps aren't as restrictive in what you can do to hive off older messages as this Bigpond one.

If you are using a mail client, why are you wanting to use the webmail interface to manage your mail?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Miami1

I was primarily wanting more capacity so as to retain all the current messages. I don't really want to delete any mail.

Telstra 24x7®

Keep tabs on your estimated usage with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now