CrowdSupport®
South
Level 1: Cadet

Wireless Internet Data stealing by telstra

I'm on wireless 4g service and telstra is chewing data without my knowledge.

I turn the modem off for days and then suddenly it's gone up a couple of gig. 

I ask for a case to be open, and they say we'll have someone contact you - no one contacts me.

I'm on telstra chat service for almost two hours and it uses 200mb of data - for a chat tool?

I ask for evidence on the data use, and I got told to go back into the store because they can't show me (after two - two hour conversations with four different people).

I ran my Optus 4g mobile for a week in comparison with the same user behaviour and only get charged for a third of the data? 

This is beyond ridiculous, i always pay my bills etc. work hard yadda yadd and have been going around the bend trying to get someone to help - there is definitely something wrong.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Wireless Internet Data stealing by telstra

Hi @South,

Thanks for reaching out. Sorry to hear about your experience, this is not what we want for our customers at all.

Do you have any reference numbers in relation to the complaint you have asked to be raised? If so, please provide them so I can follow up on this for you.

Please let me know.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

South

Dave

int 1-1645659341425

all i wanted originally was a report, after ANOTHER three hours and four more people tonight they told to me to take the device back to the store. Why can't they don't do a remote diagnose like other companies?
Secondly, why am i being charged for 11gb of systems and application updates? that's rediculous.
Every time i turn the 4g modem on it says to download another 89mb of updates. Yes, I just turn it off and use my actual mobile phone.
The bit rate and download rate on the Optus of 4g is reasonable but telstra is just off the charts. 20gb for general browsing in one day?
they admitted fault and than I had to go through four people to rejustify and to get to tech support who said i just need to go back into the shop.
Doesn't telstra realise people have jobs and families and can't be running around to fix their faults.
new complaints #
SR 1-1645711315132.
And they guy said complaints will call me between 8-5pm - for an international time why can't they help people to fix their own faults outside of my work hours. now i'll just lose more money on top of the time and money this is costing me
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @South

Thank you for providing the details for the new formal complaint that has been lodged. 

If the Complaint Case Manager is unable to reach you via phone, is email a good contact for you? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

South

The 11th person i spoke to said they were passing my requests to complaints and that they'd be in contact with me. Email, phone - even send a horse if thats more telstra slow pace.

no one has contacted me yet. Except credit management to say my bill is overdue - which it is because i thought when I started speaking to someone at Telstra 3 weeks ago that this issue would be resolved. So I replied to credit management, as i thought at least someone at telstra is communicating. Alas...this is the is message I got...

Hi,

Thanks for your email.

This mailbox isn't monitored anymore, so the message you just sent won't get to us.

If you need to get in touch please Contact Us

See you online soon.

Fiona Hayes

Head of Customer Service and Contact Centres

#lol this is ridiculous. Good thing is my Optus mobile comes with 30gb of data and even though it's almost end of them month i've only used 15gb which shows that Telstra charging 20gb for one day (even though same equipment and browsing behaviour) is just ridiculous....still waiting for complaints persons and i'm sick of the automated redirecting than the 'oh sorry  you've gone to the wrong team' ...oh sorry I know it took you 4 hours and ten people to get to me at tech support but I can't do anything. #wtf

Support Team
Support Team

Hi South,

I greatly apologise that you have not yet been contacted about this complaint. I have contacted our complaints team and have asked that you are contacted as soon as possible.

Telstra 24x7®

Keep tabs on your estimated usage with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now