Highlighted
DavidRowland
Level 2: Rookie

incorrect data usage on windows 24x7 app

Answered
I have a windows phone and my son has an iphone.

My sob is on prepay and I try to keep track of his data usage using my windows phone.

The app on my phone is reporting that he has 3MB data left however the same app is reporting just under 1GB on his phone and the web site is also reporting just under 1GB.

Any ideas how the same app on 2 different platforms can be so far out?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DavidRowland
Accepted Solution

Re: incorrect data usage on windows 24x7 app

The problem looks like it is the prepay tab on the windows phone that cannot handle numbers larger than 999. My sons data was 1003MB and displayed okay on the other devices however windows phone must have formatted it incorrectly a

Once his data dropped below 999MB it displays correctly.

Looks like a bug in the application.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Level 22: Superhuman

Good morning David

Apart from deleting, a fresh download and re-installing.....if that does not resolove your issue, the help desk for such matters is 1800 266 000

Thanks

A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. My motto: "Doing the right thing is never wrong".
DavidRowland
Accepted Solution

The problem looks like it is the prepay tab on the windows phone that cannot handle numbers larger than 999. My sons data was 1003MB and displayed okay on the other devices however windows phone must have formatted it incorrectly a

Once his data dropped below 999MB it displays correctly.

Looks like a bug in the application.
Support Team
Support Team

We can feed this back to the app development team - what's the make/model of your son's handset and what version of operating system is he running?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

DavidRowland

I am checking his usage on my phone which is a Nokia Lumia 1020.

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more