GavT
Level 1: Cadet

shared data

Answered

If I have a iPhone plan and an iPad plan on my account, how do I share the data?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: shared data

Data sharing is not available on the new range of plans.
The new plans with the piece of mind data (that slows you down instead of having excess data) don't have the shared data any more.

If they are on older plans with the option on it then it will automatically apply if they are on the same billing account.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES
Accepted Solution

Data sharing is not available on the new range of plans.
The new plans with the piece of mind data (that slows you down instead of having excess data) don't have the shared data any more.

If they are on older plans with the option on it then it will automatically apply if they are on the same billing account.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

If they are on plans that allowed data sharing, then it would happen automatically and will show up that way in the 24x7 app.

If they aren't already on plans that allowed data sharing, then you can't do it any more (other than by tethering) as the new plans no longer have data sharing between services.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
im_peterrific

I've got to say, that this latest money grab by Telstra of removing 'shared data plans' in favour of 'peace of mind data' has been rather disappointing to say the least. After not being informed of this change when I recently 'upgraded' to a larger data plan, I received an astronomically high phone bill this month. Billing very quickly refunded $150 when told that this was not disclosed to me when I changed plans. Now I've just gotten off of the phone with a customer service officer trying to find me a better plan.... the best solution he could find was going to cost me $98 per month to get something close to comparable to what I had previously for $64 a month ($59 + $5 to share). Really??? Do the brainiac's at Telstra that come up with these plans really think this is going to be acceptable to customers? I've left it with the CSO to get retentions to get in touch, otherwise I'll just be taking it up with the TIO to terminate my new contract, and take my business elsewhere... did I mention how many decades I have been a loyal Telstra customer?... TOO MANY OBVIOUSLY!
Highlighted
Db3o

Thanks DrQ

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more