CrowdSupport®
A65spitifire
Level 1: Cadet

wifi data usage

Hi i am using a netgear aircard 790s 4g on a brand new service i started this week ,and what i have noticed is that if i download say a 150mb mp4 file it will show up my data usage in real time on the aircard manager telstra page as using over 200 mb , when i called Telstra  to ask why this is i was given answers in very poor English that i could not understand , i would love a written answer as to why this is when the internet says  expect maybe a few MB more for packet loss ect  , but not over 50 Mb per download other wise i will soon be out of dats 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: wifi data usage

Are you sure you are not reading it, including uploads?

A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. One of my mottos: "Believe in yourself, and you can accomplish anything".
A65spitifire
Level 1: Cadet

Re: wifi data usage

i am reading it as it reads on my usage page , as far as i am aware there is no uploads involved in getting the file .

Telstra 24x7®

Keep tabs on your estimated usage with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now