CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

#MobileInsider - Callout! Would you like to review the new Samsung Galaxy S6 or S6 edge?

Answered

The release of the Samsung Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge were greatly anticipated by many – but what we were greatly anticipating was getting to share them with you!

And now, finally, we can.

s6edge.jpg

We are now looking for Mobile Insiders to review this amazing new handset.

“What is a Mobile Insider?”

The Mobile Insider team are Telstra customers that are selected to be part of a social review team. If you’re selected you will trial new devices free of charge, provide honest opinions on them and you get to keep the products afterwards. If you want to know more, you can go here. 

Basically, we’re looking for two engaged digital community members to provide us with an in-depth review of the handset over a period of two weeks, here on CrowdSupport and on social media.

“What will increase my chances of getting picked?”

Being a CrowdSupport member will increase your chances.

We’ll also note if you have integrated Klout with your CrowdSupport profile.

Lastly we’ll review how well you do at the challenge set out below.

“How do I register my interest?”

Post below responding to this challenge:

In less than 100 characters (characters, NOT words!) review your current phone without mentioning the brand, the model and keeping it G rated. Include your twitter handle if you have one.

I've provided examples below. I used this format so you could get a rough idea of the character count expected, but your posts should just be text.  

twitter for comp.jpg

twitter for comp 2.jpg

Please note, we may tweet some runner-up's entries and tag them with #MobileInsider. If you’d prefer that didn’t happen with your entry that’s cool, just let us know in your post. 

EDIT: This S6 is now available to all just here and S6 Edge here

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: #MobileInsider - Callout! Would you like to review the new Samsung Galaxy S6 or S6 edge?

The finalists for this round of Mobile Insiders have now been notified. 

The review will begin in the next couple of days or so over here. Please feel free to post on this thread asking the reviewers what you would like them to keep in mind when they're unboxing. 

If you weren't chosen this time, take heart! There are future opportunities to become a part of the Mobile Insider team. 

Remember that interacting with the Mobile Insiders as they review the product will stand you in good stead for consideration to be a part of future rounds. Asking questions, leaving encouraging comments and setting out challenges for the reviewer may also lead to some fun surprises. 

Thanks for participating everyone! 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
116 REPLIES 116
Lololiver
Level 2: Rookie

Re: #MobileInsider - Callout! Would you like to review the new Samsung Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge?

Sick of slow apps and purple tinged blury photos from my old phone! @lololololiver

smadge1
Level 10: Junior Detective

Re: #MobileInsider - Callout! Would you like to review the new Samsung Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge?

@smadge1

I was after a big, fast phone, and this was the biggest, fastest one available, a premium handset.

FirstNameLee
Level 1: Cadet

This thing cost me more than my DSLR! But at least it takes just as good photos! @FirstNameLee

AdamFowler_IT

Large high-res screen, decent batterly life, lack of app store options. Mid-weight and solid, but not sleek.

Fellmeister

Despite the OS quirks, the phone is still better then anything on the market plus no software tie-in @Fellmeister Twitter

Ayze

It is the 1 that started the 4G revolution for Telstra in style wearing a grey or white suit. @MazahirMillwala
thewhitetower1

Desirable and curvy, sleek and fast but it leaves me wanting more...
Jezzag

A large screen revolution for this brand that finally gave their customers what they want.
Jezzag

A large screen revolution for this brand that finally gave their customers what they want. @jeremygreening
eloisecookson1

This phone is fast and reliable and takes great photos. Just lacking in the ability to personalise and make it your own @eloisecookson
Djmusicdance
Level 4: Private Eye

ill miss my brick, a but I think the samsung will now get the tick!! Ps that snake game was my favourite game ill leave behind
Yadekul

Being waterproof, my phone can survive being dropped in the toilet.  But being so slow, it may as well stay there. @yadekul

Sandman_rides

It seems like its now generations ago, but technology moves so fast its barely a year old @sandman_rides

dracomjb
Level 6: Bloodhound

Re: #MobileInsider - Callout! Would you like to review the new Samsung Galaxy S6 or S6 edge?

great battery life, nice compact size, hd camera, waterproof
georgeeporgie2

My phone is everything I use, but its not good enough... In need of a new phone, because mine lags and it doesn't have a good camera quality and a good system like Samsung does... @georgeeporgie22
Texflanigan

Crystal clear screen, great battery life, boasts a wealth of features, albeit some a bit of a gimmick @Texflanigan
B.Bowling
misterrich

dying in my bed many years from now, I am willing to trade all the days from this day to that for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell that they may take my three year old Jailbroken four inch phone but they’ll never take my chance for a free phone
reebuns

Stock operating system, fast updates, affordable high end specs and red. @reebuns
squintmoto

I need something smaller than my note 3 because it hurts when I drop it on my head whilst using it laying in bed. At least a curved edge wouldn't hurt as much!!
chongsu
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Fat and skinny at the same time. Many faithful asked for this. Lasts all day. Has killer camera. @chongsu
nmat

3 gens old, still running ok
Sometimes experience a little delay
I would not be averse to an upgrade
bill0014
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Not quite the bleeding "Edge", "S"omewhat "S"lightly "S"lower than I'd like, camera is embarrassing          tw@billchen0014

Need help? Send a message via Twitter @billchen0014 And I will try my best
sammiip01

Quite large, bulky, need 2 hands to operate. But fast and easy to use. Great camera. Need more updates.
Cathtoot

Beautiful lines, clear screen, ease of use , battery performs solidly, lag on photo capture . 8/10
Seanmahoney

Functional os, with smooth operation, finally a phone that gives what you expect for it's price.
Vaughan1

One of the first truly metal phones, underrated and worthy but in need of a new edge in my galaxy.
whydocatsmeow

Hands down the sexiest phone on the planet

fran42

Mobiles are now all need, pc, camera, family connection. I use mine for all
Nicco44

My current phone doesn't work properly, the apps are jumpy, the touch screen it's jumpy, I might be going back to an dumb phone til my contact is up. A new Samsung S6 wild be nice, but probably dreaming. I never get picked.
IllusoryCheetah

My phone although large, its frame rate is very slow, has only 1 speaker on the back making it bad for movie streaming and extremely fragile display. @jackelliott128
2phat2tech

@2phat2tech
Useful screen estate, fast with a oh so lovely camera. Heavy in the pocket, need both hands & a big hole in the wallet.
kurtbarker

Keeping loyal, but every camera they release with their phones are kinda average @kurtedward85
beetle84
Level 15: Special Agent

Revolutionary and usefull @ the same time, my latest handset needs little to no improvement.
Tianci

This is a flagship phone from last year, and it was out to compete with galaxy S5, the htc one and others. So what does this phone bring. This is a phone with the highest resoloution of any phone, at a resoloution 2560x1440 or 2K. With that said, the phone's QHD display does NOT affect the performance, nor the batterie life. These are 2 of the most important thing to consider when buying a new smart phone. The phone has a unique design with the button placement on the back...

please let me review the galaxy S6 edge :~)

tianciyuu@gmail.com

AnjoMiranda
Level 4: Private Eye

Evolutionary premium design, amazing camera, all-day battery. Huge size could be a downer for some.

@anjomiranda

------------------------------------
Follow me on social media:

Twitter: @anjomiranda
Instagram: @anjomiranda
Shazinator89

Sleek, sexy & the perfect match for the 4GX network. @Shazinator89 

Darxion

slow,old,scratched,expensive,great camera, good for apps, Full HD. outdated by 2 generations.

Rohang

Good mostly but can freeze and apps crash and slow the phone down.
pjohnson10

Good battery life, good camera, easy to use, could have bigger screen.
dataexcellence
Level 3: Gumshoe

@davidmwilliams Quality build, man-sized phone, beautiful screen, fast processor, crisp audio, big battery.

--
DMW
Barryboat

Was the flagship for many months. Leader of the @telstra 4g race. Still on sale today
Booster

Ultra HD screen, it's good if you know what I mean. Quad Core, just as fast as your foot to the floor. Slim, ergonomic, and battery that last all day.
dunning1984

I was after one devive to organise and manage both my work load and social life. Found it.
Bubbles_1953

So far I have owned an iPhone 3, 4S now using a 5 on the market for a new phone would be interested to try a Samsung for a change
Andrewesno_

Flip phones are so 2000s #pleasehelpmeteslstra
tsposato

The pinnacle of mobile phones is here... Samsung S6, nothing beats is!
markfergo84

Current phone has been nothing but trouble would love to try out a new Samsung
tracejas

Clean and easy outlay, outdated processor, good for everyday use
davidfgallagher

Feels cheap, although operating system is fast and reliable. Battery won't last out the day!.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now