CrowdSupport®

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
Johnp68
Level 1: Cadet

Re: #MobileInsider - Would you like to test the Sony Xperia Z3?

As Someone who has owned mobile phones since 1985 I have seen and experienced many changes with mobile phones. In total I have probably had over 50 phones going From
A old uniden phone with a battery pack almost the size of a briefcase to my current iPhone 6. I have had HTC's, Nokia's, Ericcson plus Sony
Phones. I have had analogue, CDMA and digital phones. I am very cluey with all the new technology with all the new phones that come out and I am the go to guy with all phone and contract related information wherever I work. If I had of followed my dreams instead of listening to others in the late 1980's I could of made something of my knowledge but it was not to be. If Telstra records go back far enough they may see my old number 018057896. I know I could give many people out there accurate views on all the phones that come out because I have seen changes and continue to see big changes. I can give a insight into what any new technology brings to new phones.
AlisonNicholls
Level 3: Gumshoe

I am interested and would like to devote my time to testing out some of the latest technological phones/tablets. I am very efficient when it comes to technology and will express my opinions on the hardware, softtware, etc. I like to be relatively genuine when testing out devices so that I can relate more to the people of whom are curious about the phone/tablets capabilities. I'd love to be a part of the Telstra #MobileInsider team! Smiley Wink    -You can contact me through my twitter account @AllyTechReviews  Cat Happy                                                                            

MobileInsider

watta71
Level 2: Rookie

Have been a iPhone user for many years now, would love to use something else. I am an average user of technology and believe that I can give honest feedback that may relate to people who aren't as techy as others.
Bankier

I'd love to try the Sony Xperia Z3 mainly because I go fishing in a kayak with my son and I'd love to try out the waterproof feature, see if it's really as good as they say. Many times you want to take photos or video during catching a fish but can't risk it with other phones, I'd love to try some video of the fish as it comes up to the kayak. I'd love to try out the battery life also.
Surfingmum1972

I have been an  user for years and would love the opportunity to try something new! As the busy mum of two teenage boys I need to be up to date with technology to be able to keep up with my children and their busy schedules.
My youngest son is a full time dancer and I need a phone with great camera specs for quick shots or video footage. Lots of his dancing has to be filmed and then watched for teaching and I would love to see if the Sony can produce great footage! As a mother of a dancer, phones and cameras are always being discussed, what a fantastic way to advertise for Sony!
I also need to have fantastic calendar and reminder settings, facebook options and speed of use!
Please consider me for use of the sony-xperia-z3 and I will be the happiest new phone user! 😊
Sammybjh

I am an active mum of three but also a bit of a clutz, so if there was ever an issue this phone needs to deal with it would definitely experience it with me.. And I like to try out new things.
shaundewey

Hi, Ive had just about every mobile on the market. But not a sony z3 would really like to test how it goes under water. See how the 20.7 mega pixel camera goes in every situation and most of all see how goes with the playstation 4!
Balguren

I would enjoy giving this phone a heavy testing of all its features and review it. I have used all sorts of mobile phones from Android based to Apple. I have beta tested hundreds of items as well as worked with all sorts of Android applications. I will look at every aspect of this phone and tell you with no sugar coating what I think of it.
bkbooth11

It might be worth a mention that I'm an avid modder too. I'm more than happy to unlock the Z3, flash popular ROMs such as CyanogenMod and even build AOSP for the Z3 as Sony release binaries. Obviously this would only be useful if Telstra and the community here were interested in this perspective, if not then I'd be happy to keep my modding habits to other devices and maintain the Z3 exactly how Telstra/Sony provide it.

cjschris

I haven't owned a Sony product (excluding a PlayStation) since the Walkman (the tape one) so actually seriously just want to see their new design direction, and also see if they still live up to those high standards.

Probably listen to at least 4 hours of music a day, and being waterproof might actually mean I can go running in the rain/sweat while still jamming out. I mean, honestly, as a person who doesn't use a phone case, literally the only other worry I have with my phone is water, so to have a phone that doesn't even carry that burden is also pretty intriguing. Also, it'd fit well with my Fitbit, which is also water-proof (and is a good test of battery, simply chews through my iPhone's)

I've had friends with Walkman MP3 players too, so would love to see the difference in sound-quality between this phone and a budget phone. The little details mean a lot to me, particularly things like that.

Not exactly huge on Android (though my memories are probably 3 years old), though Android Lollipop is actually pretty interesting, and mind tempt me away from my trusty iPhone, if you're lucky Smiley Wink. In terms of writing a review, I'm not really scared of saying how it feels, how it works, and how well it actually fits into my life, so if you want someone who's honest, I'm the guy. In the end, you shouldn't have to work to use a phone, it should work to meet your needs.

Highlighted
Aboo

Oh this is a great opportunity to get my hands on my first Soney Xperia. My field of work is technology and software and have a very good understanding of the mobile platforms and their specs. I've used a vast variety of mobile handsets and currently have HTC One, Lumia and iPhone 6. With nearly 2000 twitter followers many would like to see me reviewing a new phone. I blieve honesty is very important when it comes to review. I can be active in twitter and am happy to post a video on YouTube.

Megamoo

I have the samsung s5 at the moment and am not entirely happy with it so I would dearly love to try the Sony z3, I am an honest mum of 3 and loooooovvvvveeeee technology, I want to test battery life and wifi and Bluetooth on the z3 as my Samsung GALAXY S5 is lacking in those departments and as I am only 6 months into a contract theres nothing that I can do so to try the z3 would be my answer to a new phone...
Carrieleigh

I am due for an upgrade and looking to break the iPhone cycle! I am just a general phone user that would use the 20mp camera to document my Sony experience. I will be an advocate to break or stay with the apple empire
Manu_J

Dear Telstra,

I had cancelled and postponed all my summer and end-of-year plans, in the hope that I would be allowed to do a couple of uni subjects over summer. Unfortunately, this will not come to fruition, and therefore, I have just over months to kill until semester 1, 2015 starts. Why should I apply for a job, when I can just do this? I have all the time under the sun, as I'll most likely be sitting in front of my desk, or constantly checking updates from important sources, one of them being the Telstra 24x7 FB page.
It would be of great honour to be bestowed this privilege, for the betterment or enhanced technological experience of the community...or better yet, of the cyber world.
DragonStar

Moving from a very well used Galaxy S3 I would like to experiment with the Sony Z3 in all it's different environments. Taking advantage of its features such as being waterproof I would take it everywhere, using it in the rain, under water, etc. I enjoy taking photos and would love to make use of the 20mp camera, while using a several year old waterproof camera to document some of the times I would be using the Z3! Also pairing it with my PS4 I would test the remote play feature to play my games throughout the house as well as continuing to play games on my phone on trips. With a decent amount of Android knowledge, including starting to develop (basic) apps, I believe I would be able to support users in a easy to understand way.

Chris2203

I'd give one a crack, just to see if it's any better that my "T83 DAVE". Sure it's bigger and faster but I'm pretty sure that it would get smashed within a week of what I consider to be normal use. "LET ME HAVE A TURN"
Texflanigan

I would really like to test drive the Z3, I would test it in a variety of scenarios like as a heavy phone user to a moderate to light user to allow people to ask me whether it was a phone for them. As well as testing all the functions for there ease to use and user friendliness. I would look at what sort of things I want out of a phone and look to see where the Z3 excels or falls short.
Thank you
B.Bowling
KadeO

Giving the Z3 a whirl would be fantastic. I've been interested in how the battery life would fair since the phone was first announced. Given I'm out a good majority of the day, and using a lot of different apps would be a great way to see what it can do. Jumping off the iOS bandwagon as well will be a great comparison tool as well!
cad2014

I have the Xperia Z and plunge it into water once I got home from Telstra shop. Smiley Happy

Would love to be part of mobile phone review team (#MobileInsider)

And also, I'm part of CrowdSupport community now providing other Telstra customer support.

If I'm selected to be part of #MobileInsider team, I am able to provide better support when I'm needling. Smiley Happy

AlanaJade926

I would absolutely love to review the Z3 as I have had the Z1 and currently have the Z2, I'm in love with these phones! I would love the chance to try out the newest on as I am all for latest technology. I've already sold a couple of friends into the xperia range and they love the phones too! Would love the opportunity to let more people know, spread the word. Smiley Happy

Hopefully I am lucky enough to be apart of this experience, thank you.
macman1059

I've been an iOS supporter for many years but with the increasing compatibility of Xperia with a Mac eco system I have decided to take a leap of faith and make the switch.

Coming from a technology background in a small business I would be able to assist in the forums with a wide range of technical questions potential users of the product may have.

My commitment to volunteering as a sailing coach on weekends would allow me to test the durability of the product in real life circumstances to see how it holds up with use on the water when I am instructing.

As a hobby I have developed my love of photography over the years with Canon SLR systems. I would love to have the opportunity to put this camera to the test and see how it compares with not only the iPhone cameras but also GoPros due to its ability to be used in marine environments.

Oh... And I've been a strong supporter of Telstra for years - personally, family and in my businesses!

Thanks for the opportunity to apply Smiley Happy
loobes

I'd love to try it out, I've always been an iPhone user but am looking to expand my horizons.. I am also a parent of small children so the water resistant phone would be an absolute godsend !!!
trentbyatt

Im a solid android user through and through now for a good 5 years and im always looking for the ultimate android experience . Always keen to share my honest opinion about any device, i love seeing wat the next generation of them have to offer, most of my devices ive had have always ended up modded in one way or another as im always looking for the ultimate features. i have read really good things about the Z3 and would jump at the chance to use solidly and give my honest opinion to all
JDPS11

It's the thrill in using a new phone. To locate all the amazing new things it can do. From camera pix to videos, from phone calls to messaging. OK I'm probably not hi tech savvy but I certainly know my way round some of the latest technology to hit the marketplace.
Happytechie

Yes please! I love playing with new techie toys. I can only give a valid opinion on the Sony Xperia Z3 once I have tried it out. I am eager to do so.
JoBaker010765

I have not been brave enough to jump on board the Smart Phones yet - I think one of my reasons is that I'm worried about them getting wet - we seem to replace our home cordless phone annually because at some time or another over the summer season it either gets left outside by the pool and rained on or ends up in the pool!  The sony Xperiea Z3 seems like the perfect solution and it might just be time to get brave and learn some new tech!!  Time for my poor old LG basic phone to retire I think.

pmckay58

Would truly love to test drive the Xperia Z3 as I am on the road installing washroom products in bathrooms I have dropped 3 phones in toilets or urinals in the last year with sadly have all packed it in , so am looking for a smart phone that's a little smarter than me ! ( wouldn't be hard ) cheers.
JesCan

I have just stepped away from everything Apple & really want to try this phone. My husband does lawn mowing & is constantly sweating on his phone or getting them wet while working. We also have small children who are constantly trying to get their hands on our phone and dropping them. I was hoping this phone would be the answer to our problems and would love to review it for Telstra. :-)

RASigsKid

I'd love to review this phone because I'm looking to find something more practical for my military lifestyle than my iphone. I'm after something with battery life, build quality and reliability that can go for days on the network that can keep me connected wherever work might send me. I'm always running, crawling and climbing in all conditions so a phone that can keep up and doesn't need to be wrapped in bubble wrap all day would be terrific!

mattstasee

hi my name is matthew, I am a technical gadget freak, im always looking at the latest technology coming out , i use a variety of different devices and software , i liked to help out by giving my honest reviews for users and what makes the device shine from the rest , im apart of the apple dev program and also try and test alot of pc development games in alpa , I believe that my reviews are detailed and unique also i love telstra and would like to help them out 😝
The_Big_Fella72

I'd love to give this a testing as it would also be tested by my teenage daughter & younger kids. So if you want a realistic un-biased review then I'd do it. I currently have a Sony Xperia M that I am very happy with but would like to give the Z3 a real test of what it can & can't do.

redbullracing

Would love to. Have numerous gadgets of varying brands. Current phone is Z1 which has few flaws. Have used Apple products and also Samsung - current owner of Samsung 12" tablet. Always interested in technology and would like to evaluate Z3, and others.

Use Facebook to keep in touch with friends worldwide, also use email on phone and browse extensively. Phone is used for online banking and for booking flight.

1saintly

As I already have a experia z 1 and love it,I would love to try out the experia 3 and compare
DiFish6

I currently have the Sony Xperia S - which has been a great phone until recently when it started to play up, so I sent it off to be repaired, they said it just needed to be reset.  Now working fine so have had no problems, but being 2 years old now I feel it's time to try a newer version! I would love to try the new Sony Xperia X3 to see the changes and test it out.  I would leave an honest review and test the phone to it full capacity including taking photos (I take lots and lots of photos and would love to test the capabilities of this 20MP camera and post the photos on social media - actions, stills, landscapes, face detection - testing clarity, colour,and ease of use etc), I would take videos and test the functions that support this, test the general ease of txting, making phone calls, storing contacts etc - and I would be more than happy to answer questions for the following two weeks on crowdsupport in regards to this phone. 

Mum04

I am a mum with 4 kids to keep in touch with (control of). My current phone is small and, even though it has a touch screen, it is not very capable of internet browsing or even adding cool 'emoticons' to my messages. I would love to try a phone that can be used to connect to Facebook (possibly play Facebook games on it???), message and post on Facebook - including sharing posts, pictures and videos (all of which I would hope could be done, recorded and taken using the phone).  At the moment, I have a phone to sms and call/receive calls, an iPad to take photos/videos (which I then 'send' to myself via Facebook so I can use my laptop to save the pics/videos on), and I use my laptop for a lot of other stuff, like looking up maps/addresses and so on - which needs to be done at home because my 'mobile' phone is not good enough for 'mobile' internet.  I think my life would change quite dramatically if I had an 'all-in-one' (!!!) - including in-car entertainment whilst this taxi-driver-mum waits for kids.  As I travel around a lot, I would definitely be able to test its reception capabilities, I have a high, post-paid cap level (which allows for internet surfing, even if my phone doesn't), and I would also be able to test its 'hardiness' - that's right, mums can be nice and gentle with their kids but devices, such as phones, tend to get the other end of the stick - lol.

mrGagey

I have a puppy, who is obsessed with mobile phones. He always licks, lays on, pushes it around. If I was chosen to test the Xperia Z3, it would be from the perspective of the white fluffy puppy and how he uses 'his phone' and lets Dad have a go when he needs to. All from video, photo and text, this puppy has it all covered.. Smiley Happy

*Me, I am a tech savvy guy with a fast love for all new technology. If they make it, I need to try it..haha*

Maureen-arm

I would like to test this latest phone. I use my mobile daily for talk/text/photo's and getting on the net. I am ready to start using a mobile for emails and more My opinion would be great from a begginers point of view, setting up etc. .

DeLaperouse

Would I like to test the Sony Xperia Z3?

WOULD I!

Would I like a Messina gelato Pecan Pie Cheesecake smashed with maple syrup and then instagram that on my Sony Xperia Z3? The answer to the above is YES and YES. 

Whether you're intagraming every meal, making the most of that huge 20 megapixel camera, or you're kitesurfing and you need a phone capable of standing up to the elements so you can call you friends and let them know a southerly is busting in or you're on a hike and need that extra oomph of that long-life battery to get you those GPS directions or you simply like to surf the web in the bathroom and are prone to watery accidents, what ever it is that you do, what ever it is that is your adventure, this phone will mostly likely pull it off and for the rest ask me to proof your adventure with this phone for you so you can make the right choice and see that the Sony Xperia Z3 is the phone you were going to get anyway.

jacquibuckley

Please please. I have been a telstra customer for years and years. Love to tweet facebook And everything else you do on your phone. I would be a perfect insider
kossak

I would like to test the Sony Xperia Z3 because i have been a telstra customer for the last 25 years and am still using the same phone i had five years ago, i think i could give some interesting feedback as i am interested in photography and also do some surveys online at home, i do hope you consider me as i need a new phone.

Thank you Kossak

damcrendel

I have been working for a telstra dealer now for over 3 years in rural Victoria and constantly have people asking me as to which phone they recommend for rural use. I would love to be able to give the Z3 a test run in real world situations to test the ruggedness and durability of the handset. I do a lot of fishing, hunting and 4x4ing, so I have no doubt I can test the strength, the camera quality in everyday conditions, low light and in a very bright light, as well as the coverage in certain outback ares. I am confident I can test a phone to its limits and give accurate and helpful feedback to help consumers make a decision.
Stevo52

I am a big Sony fan and currently have a number of Sony devices - an S, 2 x Z1's, 2 x Z Ultras, a Z1 Compact and a Z2 Tablet, as well as other brands..  so I am familar with the recent offerings and issues and day to day performance in the real world, so I am in a position where I can offer a pretty good, honest and hands on comparison of this new Z3 device against those.

have takother trials and discussion panels for Telstra previously as well.

Steve Williams

billybutts20

I would really like to become a telstra service checker . As I have been a telstra customer for 40 years or more

And I would really like to help them out as much as they've helped me over the years . I use a mobile every day mainly sms . But if I have to make an std call I use the mobile. Or if I have to get in touch with somebody via email I use my mobile if I'm out on the town . So please consider me for a role in your mobile testing group.

Yours sincerely

William Buckley

joshua335Rocks

I would love to review the Xperia Z3, answer questions about it and also offer my own oppinons . I have always been an samsung fanboy. but when the note 4 came out I was largely unimpressed with all it's bloatware, gimmiky features added too it and still being made out of plastic. I would love to see what Xperia Z3 as to offer as i heard it  it offer's useful features such as a clean interface, beautiful premium design and waterproof. i own a samsung galaxy and mainly use it for it's beautiful super Amoled screen to browse the net, use it for social media and for hard core gaming.
mattgg

Matt-Glastonbury-People-1.jpg

Hi Kat & Telstralings; I'd love to be invited to engage my social audience with some Sony mobile device goodness. I'm a mobile photographer (DSLR shooter too) and social media photo posting nut with a very large reach on Instagram (@mattglastonbury) and Google Plus (+MattGlastonbury); based in Hobart, Tasmania. I'm a well respected mobile freak, and I'm keen to post some photos like the mobile shot above along-side reviews and phone/image comparisons on my blog, Google Plus, Twitter (@mgglastonbury)YouTube Channel, Instagram and Facebook Page and for sure I'd be happy to chat on with your audience about all things techy on Twitter and CS. Apart from hands-on use, my focus could be more around the camera, (video/stills) editing photos and photographing interesting scenes, landscapes and amazing scenery around Tassie.. I'd LOVE to use the Z3 to take some of my #liquidography reflection shots and share how it performs up agains the iPhone 6 Plus, the Lumia 930 and 1020, the iPhone 5S and Nexus. Our houshold has Lumias, Apples and Androids for comparison too, so picking me will help get your message a little prettier, a little wider, a little faster through. Oogh man, that rhyme was so bad!

Mrsshimmy1

I'm a busy mum of 3 who also works part time. I spend a lot of time texting to my kids and clients and also surf the web usually on my phone as the home PC is always being used by someone for homework or whatever. I am normally an IPhone user, which I originally changed to from Samsung but recently have been looking to try a different handset, not sure in which direction to head as there's so many choices! I have found that recently my phone has become an extension of my arm, wether it be because I am on Facebook or Instagram uploading videos or photos of the kids or pets or just all the non stop stuff that seems to go on in our lives! I'd love to give the Xperia Z3 a burl and then give an honest opinion of it to the peeps, wether it be good or bad! Cheers Smiley Happy
bill0014
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Hi I am Bill and I have been a massive tech enthusiast ever since my first smartphone, the Sony Ericsson Xperia X8, and had about 4 smartphones since. I am an active senior member on XDA developers.com (profile: http://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=4279658) and also frequent twitter @billchen0014 to check out the latest in tech, especially in the mobile industry. I have written an article a few years ago for Ausdroid (http://ausdroid.net/2012/08/11/android-is-fragmented-think-again/) . My specific reasons to try out the Xperia Z3 can be summarised as following:

1. Sony was my first smartphone brand, and I'd like to see how much things have improved since then

2. No one around me has a Sony device and I am curious as to why they don't carry one, and I will ask them what they think of it on top of my own personal opinion. 

3. I like taking photographs a lot and I have high standards for them, so a 20MP shooter on a phone sounds interesting, the question is, is it too many pixels on such a small sensor? I'd like to answer that.

4. I just like mobile technology in general and to get my hands on the latest and (probably) the greatest is amazing.

5. I am familair with Android and I am willing to answer any questions, throw them my way any time!

6. Waterproof: Oh you bet I am gonna have fun with that!

This is all I have to say. Good luck to all.

Below is a picture taken by me earlier this year on my M8, slightly over edited by Google's Auto Awesome. It'd  be interesting to compare the two extremes: Ultra big pixels vs Ultra many pixels.

HTC One M8 - By me in Italy

Bill Chen

@billchen0014 

billchenmulgrave@gmail.com

Need help? Send a message via Twitter @billchen0014 And I will try my best
fletchvilles

Currently an Android user. Would give a fair and balanced account of my use of the device. I utalise my device for work and home, so would be able to give feedback on the business use and leisure use of the phone.

Jacqpinks

I am a mother of 4 grown sons and one 12 year old son, I love technology, I love social media and have written game reviews. I am an apple fan and can build a PC, I am 42 honest and always tell the truth. I love graphics and good cameras. I would love to test out the Sony Xperia Z3 in my pool with my kids. 

Dragoncharm

I would love to test the Sony Xperia Z3 as have been thinking of getting a Samsung Galaxy S5 as I love my old Samsung Galaxy S2 but I would like to know if any other phone can measure up to the Samsungs. I would also like to help other people to make a decision on phone buying.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now