CrowdSupport®

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
RDWalker
Level 1: Cadet

Re: #MobileInsider - Would you like to test the Sony Xperia Z3?

I have always been keen to try the latest products, but the Sony Experia Z3 has piqued my interest more than any other recently! I have had many smart phones over the years including the first Samsung Galaxy S, a Nokia N97 and a series of iPhones. I currently have an iPhone 6 plus, but it was a very close decision between this and the Z3. I very much like the idea of the Z3, especially the camera and remote play PlayStation games. I would love to do some photography comparisons between the Z3 and the iPhone 6 plus as well as some simple reviews of the playability and general usefulness of the PlayStation remote play. I am a moderate user of technology having spent time working in the mobile phone and IT industries. These days I am a primary school teacher so I will be able to comment on the usefulness of the phone in an education setting.
Goya

Australia’s mobile phone use market has ­doubled in size over the past two years, bringing with it a new level of sophistication as apple and samsung are increasingly use it products to ­generate market domination. Other companies such as Sony are bringing the leding edge product, such as new Xperia Z3. Delivering product with promising specs, unique features and pushing up the bar higher and listening to its consumers. Telstra is doing the same by providing the best network coverage in Australia, customerer service and range of products into the retail stores.

I would love to test new Sony Xperia Z3 because people are ­utilising smart phones for more than traditional calls and sms!
mitchellj4

I'd consider myself an excellent candidate because of my work and family life.  

For work, I do web development and use my mobile all the time (really... all the time) for developing websites that are mobile friendly.  This would test the phones ability to connect to and maintain VPN connections (wifi and mobile) and also with many different (and some experimental) functions used on our premium real estate websites.  

Further to that professional setting, I am the father of 2 very tech savvy girls (8 and 10) who would relish the opportunity to put the Sony Experia Z3 through it's paces whether it be playing games to streaming you tube videos through the phone to the TV.  Between myself and my girls, there would be little on this phone that would not be tested.  

And finally (and most important) having a 20 megapixel camera would take some really good shots of my beautiful familySmiley Happy

If I am selected, I look forward to providing the most comprehensive, honest and thorough feedback I can.

I look forward to hearing from you soonSmiley Happy

jaysimps

My phone is not just a phone but an extension of my life, and use it regardless if I am in a capital city or Outback NSW. On a daily basis I use it to manage my appointments, arrange my social life, keep up to date with the world by using news and social media while using the camera to share snaps of my life with friends and family all over the world. I would put the phone through it's paces to find out if the handset really is life proof.
Sharnold

Hey, I am pretty experienced in iOS as well as android. I seem to be the "Go to guy" for my family and friends when it comes to tech as I am self taught and pretty neutral when it comes to making suggestions and advice on what products would best suit them. I live a pretty active life so testing the waterproof qualities would involve everything from wake boarding, swimming, rain, rogue sprinkler running on a hot day and of course the dreaded mouth of my 14 month old son (he has expensive tastes when it comes to pacifiers). The ultimate test I like to do is see how hard or easy it is for my anti-technology grandfather to use. Considering the fact that he feels calculators are for those with idle minds I'm sure I could catch some interesting moments with the camera while he makes a phone call or dare I say it have him create a Facebook account (baby steps). So there you have it, I have quite a few demographics available from the toddler, to the techie and of course the the older generation. On a side note a really good idea to afford customer assistance this way, would be fun.
Ricksta26

I am currently a avid iphone user, would like to see what all the fuss is about. Looked at this when going to purchase just wasn't quite sure , I use my phone for everything I do especially work. Heaps of emails, spreadsheets, and photos are a big key, needs to be very versatile and friendly to use as a leader in my business it is critical I have everything at my fingertips. Calendar is of great importance along with reminders, I must have a very multi task phone with speed and Using apps like YouTube and Facebook as well as Google + are all a key to my day to day work as well as easy use to phone and contacts as well as the ability to link to email, Msg and that's just when I am at work all of the above plus more so the power this phone has should just get me by , might even test it out on the Sony smart tv if I get a chance , I will give honest constructive feedback and look forward to giving everyone the good and opportunities , give me a shot I won't let you down
Angekins

First things first you have a typo in your question, so to avoid that I'll use spellcheck before I send you my final thoughts after giving the Z3 a whirl Smiley Wink
NUTWGN

I am an apple geek looking to convert. I'd take it everywhere & as much as possible review using photos & video. I am super active on Twitter, Instagram & facebook plus have a YouTube account & still know the password to my old Google plus & MySpace accounts!
Please pick me! Smiley Happy
stacenlindz

My husband wants to upgrade his phone and when he was recommended this one the first exciting thing he said was "I can play my PS4 through it!!" We've both had iPhones for ages and are looking for something new & exciting 😀
DIllzadada

I think I should be allowed to test the Somy Xperia because I have a iPhone.
Watchdoglanding

I would really like to test the Z3 for a few reason, being the long battery life and the 4K video recording. I currently use the HTC One (M7) mounted to the front of my Motorcycle for recording trips and the route for others to see. Having the increased video quality would make a difference to the WOW I currently get from friends, also the having the extra battery life would be nice I can just squeeze 3-5hrs out of my current phone. Thinking about it too the option to put in a 128GB SD card would be awesome too. I'm also a bit of a tech-head (mostly programming and networking), answering questions and experimenting with new tech would be something different which sound's exciting not to mention different.

GillD

I would like to give Xperia Z3 a spin, as I have been an iPhone user forever now but looking to change. I have an online business and always having to get the DSLR out of the cupboard for stock photos as the iPhone camera just doesn't cut it.
I would like to be given the opportunity to join the insider team and test the phone for its camera and video versatility and living in a rural area I could give its coverage a good workout. I love apps and social media is how I keep in touch with the world.
Thank you for the opportunity to join the insider team.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Thanks so much for everyone's great responses.

Announcing the newest editions to our mobile insider team - @Kalak and @Annirowe 

If you were unsuccessful this time, please watch this space for more #mobileinsider intakes Smiley Happy

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Annirowe
Level 5: Eagle Eye

YAY!!!!! Smiley LOL

So excited!! Cant wait to test this baby out and let you know my thoughts! 

Thanks Telstra! 

SarahKatje

I would love to test the Sony Xperia Z3.  I am currently in the market for a new phone and I don't want to get an iPhone or a Samsung.  I have had my trusty Nokia C5 for 4 years so it would be wonderful to "improve" my technology and be able to acheive better photos of my kids (not grainy LOL) as well as have the internet at my fingertips. I am not even a grandma yet my mother has a better mobile phone than me!  I would be very honest with my review as I have nothing to compare it to.  My current phone has absolutely no features.  We are not an iMac house so I would love to get a phone that allows me to stick with my windows platform. It would also be nice to live with today's technology so my life as a busy mum of two can  be just that little bit easier!  Fingers crossed for the opportunity!  Thanks

Level 23: Superhero

Very excited to give this a go. Normally I run an iPhone, and have been using a Windows Phone recently for review, so it'll be great to try out a flagship Android. Can't wait to be able to really take pics at the pool with my kids, seeing as the weather here in central QLD is getting very hot very quickly!
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
OldJim
Level 2: Rookie

I would be able to represent the tech savy older Oz male. I am familiar with the Sony smartphone as i own an LT22i Xperia ( Telstra version ). I use it extensively for photos and i am looking forward to seeing results from the Z3. My 'phone was using a lot of battery overnight and according to the phone it was the screen using all the power. Overnight?  I diagnosed that if i didn't return to the home screen after browsing, looking at photos, etc. the 'phone thought it was still displaying an image even though the screen was dark. So i guess i am saying i can navigate my way around this 'phone to give it a test. Browsing with Google voice amazes my friends and relatives and i would like to see that this feature is enabled on the Z3. 

Photo from LT22i

DSC_0016.jpg

Lots of good detail. It will be great to compare with the Z3.

OldJim.

Jsmurray

I would like to be selected to test the Sony xperia z3 as I'm currently a stay at home dad. I'm always taking pics and posting them on social media like Facebook and instagram. I'm one who likes to read up on new gadgets and learn about their pros and cons. As I have a lot of time on my hands I would be your man to conduct a truthful insight to this product and give it a test drive. Share my thoughts and Comments with all my friends and contacts via social media.
Jasongobus

I have been a avid iPhone user from iPhone all the way the iPhone 5s
I love the phone and I always give it great reviews with my friends. I have a friend however that has the Sony phone he claims that its better than the iPhone I would love the opportunity to critic it myself and see what makes Sony such a good phone. At the same time I would like to compare it to the iPhone and help advise people either for or against their choice of device.
I am a technology teacher and I have considerable knowledge on such things and can offer not only an adults insight to the phone but also the insight on how teens could use the technology.
Thanks
whitsey

I would review the Z3 in the same manner in which I review everything- thoroughly! I'm a nerd and I love new gadgets - I like to know how to do everything and then become the tech support guy for all my friends and family who need help!  I use my phone as a mini computer and just about for everything - phone, email, twitter, facebook, manage hosting, access remote servers, i bascially run my small business off my phone and would be able to test every single aspect of the phone.

If you want an honest and thorough assessment, then I am definitely the one to give it to you!

dealer1313

I would like to test out the battery life of the phone. My current phone needs to be charged at least twice a day. I travel a lot so I would like to see how the directions app works. I also have children active in sports so I would like to also see how the camera and video work with live action. I use my phone a lot to respond to emails from work and also customers. The sound quality of the speakers is important because of using Bluetooth in company vehicle.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey all,

If you'd like to check out the review for the phone you can find it here tel.st/mobz3

Hint - We look very favourably on people who join in with current discussions for future rounds Smiley Happy

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

whitekimba

Yes please. I'm on social media all the time. I practise making photo shopped. I love having fun with a mobile. I love taking wildlife pictures and sharing with the world. Its time for me to update so I can share my talents with you all.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now