Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

*NEW* Mobile Insider - Would you like to test the new Samsung GALAXY Note Edge?

noteede.png

Do you want to live life on the edge?

The unique Note Edge is an innovative phone from Samsung.It has a cool new feature - a "second screen" curved edge that is devoted to productivity. Theres no other phone like it on the market.

It also boasts:

• Brilliant 5.6 inch curved Quad HD display
  • 16 megapixel camera with anti-blur technology
  • Improved S Pen for better creative control
  • Large battery with ultra-fast charging feature

We have 2 handsets to offer to 2 lucky reviewers. To be a mobile insider, you will need to commit to putting the phone through its paces, testing all its features and sharing your honest opinions with the crowdsupport community.

To be considered, please comment below and let us know:

• Why you'd like to review the Note Edge
  • Your level of tech knowledge
  • Your current handset
  • Your social media presence (eg do you have Twitter and Instagram?)

Your best "edge" pun will also help your entry Smiley Happy Are you ready to take us over the edge with your entry?

Good luck! We'll pick the new team on Friday.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
58 REPLIES 58
cad2014
Level 3: Gumshoe

Re: *NEW* Mobile Insider - Would you like to test the new Samsung GALAXY Note Edge?

I hope I get selected this time. Got this link via twitter.

would like to review the Note Edge and compare it against its competitor as well as its own (ie Note4)

my friends refer to me as the "guru", i'm the goto person if they have a problem with their tech equipment.

• Your current handset

iphone 6

twitter / facebook / instagram / pinterest

Tommayye
Level 1: Cadet

Re: *NEW* Mobile Insider - Would you like to test the new Samsung GALAXY Note Edge?

I would like to review the Samsung Note Edge to see how the new innovations from Samsung make a difference in both my busy corporate and social lifes as well as seeing how these innovations can help with productivity.

I would rate my level of tech knowledge as 9/10 working in the I.T. industry.

My current handset is an Apple iPhone 5S.

I am on Facebook, Twitter (Tommayye) and Instagram (tr1990).

Jezzag
Level 2: Rookie

I would love to review the Note Edge. I have been an apple man for 4 years now and I'm very keen to put android through its paces. Allow me to address your criteria below:

1) Why you'd like to review the Note Edge
I am a tech savvy 38 year old, wife and 2 kids that will help provide many photo opportunities to test the camera. I'll push the battery limits too in between bob the builder and peppa pig video streaming and the many apps that my kids love to use (oh and the ones daddy likes to use too) The S Pen will be a new novelty for kids and dad alike!

2) Your level of tech knowledge
I consider myself quite tech savvy using my phone, tablet, computer and ps4 quite regularly.

3)Your current handset
I currently use the iPhone 6 plus which provides a great opposition for the Note Edge and a great platform for comparison.

4) Your social media presence (eg do you have Twitter and Instagram?)
I have a social media presence on Facebook, Twitter @jeremygreening, Instagram @jagreening and I also have video editing skills so happy to post unboxing videos, reviews etc.

I look forward to the opportunity to provide my review of the all new Note Edge on behalf of Telstra.
jackiestoodley

1. Why I'd like to review the Note Edge - I am keen to see what the battery life is for this handset. On weekends when traveling I like to watch movies and listen to music. I'm interested in this phone as my next handset after my current contract finishes. I would like to see how my daily use affects the phone.

2.I consider myself quite tech savvy using my phone, tablet, computer very regularly. I use my phone and tablet most!

3. I have a HTC One M7, I would like to see how these handsets differ.

4. My social media presence - I use Facebook,Twitter,Tumblr and Pinterest quite regularly.
vonapets

Re: Application for #MobileInsider

I would like to review the Note Edge because I like to experience life on the cutting edge of technology. I have been in the Android handset race since the HTC G1 and continue to change it up. The main problem with devices in recent times is the battery life - as screens and batteries get bigger, the battery life suffers. The Note Edge, has a pretty large 3000mah battery and fast charging which should overcome the need for constant charging and extended charging times. It also has an amazing camera with 16 megapixels which has a higher resolution than my DSLR. I would also like to asses the feasibility of a second screen on a daily driver.

I have had quite an array of technical knowledge. From running my own computer business to being an avid android user I have been around various levels of technology for most of my life. I love to dabble in the inner workings of my devices, all of which I have kept (upto 29 devices). My current device is an LG Nexus 5 as well as an Asus Nexus 7 to expand my experience. In my quest for technological advance I have an account in every social media outlet, even ones which are less well known such as Ello. I would like to be chosen to be a #mobileinsider because I will give answers to any questions I am asked to the best of my technological abilities. I would prefer to answer all the unusual questions, other than the standard "how does the camera work?" and "what is the battery life like?" which are both very user dependant!

Q: Who would win a boxing match between a cube and a sphere?

A: The cube, because it has the edge.

Thank you for another wonderful opportunty to apply.

Aegnor
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Wow.

Don't push me cos I'm close to testing the Edge!
[img]http://i.ytimg.com/vi/yzIy2yGTk4U/hqdefault.jpg[/img]
I'll try to review it without losing my head. Ha ha HA ha.

I'd love to test the Samsung Edge. I'm currently using the Samsung Note 2 and would love to see how Samsung has evolved the phablet concept with this new model.

The reviews of the Note 4 have all been very positive, but the comments about the Edge and it's curved screen have been a bit more uncertain. I think the curved screen could be either a largely useless gimick or else herald the next big thing in mobile phones. Either way, would love to get my hands on it and put it through its paces.

Seeing how I could use the S-Pen and associated apps to really get the most out of this powerful phone's potential would also be really interesting. Potential productivity uses of my phone is a big part of what I'm looking for in a big phone like this.

The gamut of other possibilities this phone would offer would also get a full workout - photos, taking videos, using that mighty screen for games and movies, keeping the kids entertained.

As a comparison, I'd be able to directly compare it with my Note II and my wife's Galaxy S5. I'd be interested in how the Touchwiz system that tends to polarise people has been further developed.

My tech knowledge is "pretty competent lay-person". I'm not an ICT boffin, but like playing with phones etc.

I'm on Twitter and tweet quite a lot. I'm not on Instagram but be willing to learn!

I'm also really interested in the #mobileinsider concept (after only seeing it with the last couple of phones you've put out in this way). It led me to the Crowd Support forum and I'm loving the stuff I'm seeing here.
boffin66

Yes please

was going to buy the new Note 4 (My Note 2 was starting to slow me down and couldn't  be updated to latest android version) however I  have opted in the menatime to test drive a chinese Xiaomi Mi3 phone in order to be different and innovative.

I would live to test drive an Edge!

anathan591

Why you'd like to review the Note Edge - I am addicted to android and all it's devices
Your level of tech knowledge - I am a 6 year IT professional with website, system testing and app development experience
Your current handset - Sony Xperia Z
Your social media presence (eg do you have Twitter and Instagram?) - Twitter, Facebook, snapchat, tumblr, Instagram and LinkedIn

I would also like to add that I have served in the Army. The Army, The Edge! ;-)
AnaPav

As an avid Samsung user I generally love each and evey product they bring out. I've been very ify about the Note Edge due to the fact that the second screen seems like such a big risk after other companies have tried and it failing for them. I'd like to be able to give the phone a chance and see how well it lives up to the amazing quality of the note 2 and note 3.

I have a pretty high level of tech knolwedge although a large part of it is self taught. I've noticed that Samsung pack their phone with all these wonderful features and at times it can be difficult to wrap your head around how to use them or even how to locate them. That is where as well as exploring the phone endlessly, youtube also comes in handy. So all in all I'd say I'm a moderate tech wizard.

• Your current handset

I currently have a Samsung GS5 which I had upgraded to from the Samsung Note 3. I really miss my note *sighs*

• Your social media presence 

http://instagram.com/lavieavecana

https://twitter.com/AnePav

I really hope I am selected to review the Samsung Note Edge... I really think I have the edge you need for a brilliant review. Smiley Wink

seaford

I am a retiree who has an iPad 1. It's as though this unit is attached permanently to my hands as I am always using it to search websites, emails and Facebook. The many Apps that I have enable me to perform many functions like banking and paying of bills on-line.
The problem is the iPad is old tired and very slow.
Let me put the Samsung Galaxy through my Regis tests on performance.

Regards
Andy
naarmitage

1.  I am a loyal Samsung user Smiley Very Happy I would love to test the new Note Edge and add it to my collection of Samsung phone and Tablet.  I would love to upgrade to the latest version of your amazing machines Heart!

2.  I have a average level of knowledge, I install accounting software and use my tablet and phone all the time.

3. I currently have the Samsung Note GT-N7105

4. I have twitter, google plus

To the edge and beyond!!!   :smileyhappy:

crowdsurfergirl

•Why you'd like to review the Note Edge: I would love to review the Note Edge simply because I would love an in-depth hands on of the phablet. I would like to use it more besides from my preliminary playing in tech shops, and see how it runs apps and helps manage people's Galaxies.I can call one of my friends that worked for NASA to test if it can run the Hubble Telescope Smiley Tongue. If I could choose any phone on the market right now to purchase it would be the Galaxy Note 4 or Edge. I've even thought about buying one in addition to my current phone. I play with the Note 4 every time I go to a phone shop and feel like it is the ultimate phone. The Note Edge is also a ground-breaking new product from Samsung, so i hope I can convince people to start living life on the EDGE. I think Samsung always manage to achieve a balance with their product, and believe they will not fall off the Edge with this phone. Also it is one of the most top-specced phones on the market - I usually always purchase great phones from the previous one or two years, so I will be extremely excited to get my paws on the latest phone and actually use it. •Your level of tech knowledge My level of tech knowledge is quite good as i often discuss tech with my bf, parents and other friends. Also i watch YouTube vidoes from Marques Brownlee and others, and read reviews from The Verge, TechArena etc. and feel i am quite up to date with the latest benchmark tests, speeds, screens and even the future plans of these companies (for example, the 700ppi expected to come out in a few years, foldable TV screens, etc announced by LG and Samsung). •Your current handset I received the LG G2 as a Christmas Present last Friday - (thanks Dad!)Smiley Happy One of the best phones from 2013. Upgrade from a 2011 dual core, what a difference. •Your social media presence (eg do you have Twitter and Instagram?) I own and run a facebook page, I use twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and so on ... Smiley Happy
Stiltjay

*Why you'd like to review the Note Edge?

I am a very keen user of Samsung and always appreciate any improvement that puts Samsung products above Apple.

Your level of tech knowledge

I have a high knowledge of Technology and is always in search of information and knowledge to take full advantage of any device and explore the full capabilities of same. In line of these assertions, I research solutions by using Google as a source.

* Your current Handset

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 and a Blackberry Q10

* Your social Media Presence

Ihttps//facebook.com/jideoyewole

https//twitter.com/jaystilt24

I do hope to be selected to review the Edge so I can help Samsung tip the competition over the Edge.

Rakeshvarma

Why you'd like to review the Note EdgeYour!
I have been following Note Edge product ever since it announced, want to experience few amazing things this phone can do and share it with friends. I want to test it and review it.

Level of tech knowledge

I'm a engineering graduate in electronics and telecommunication domain, working as android applications Test Analyst, and I'm mobile enthusiast.

Your current handset
My current handset is Samsung Galaxy S5

Your social media presence (eg do you have Twitter and Instagram?)
TWITTER :
Check out Rakesh (@TheRakeshVarma): https://twitter.com/TheRakeshVarma?s=09

FB: https://m.facebook.com/RakeshVarma.L?ref=bookmark#
Alternatively Search for Rakesh Lakkarasu

My blog spot: World As I See It http://myuniverse-insideout.blogspot.com/

Also got YouTube channel
I hope I selected for review of Samsung Galaxy note 4 edge mobile handset. Looking forward to hearing from you

Thank you,
Regards,
Rakesh
activepulsept

Currently I carry three devices to manage my business, an iPhone 4, an iPad and a Canon camera. They’re all great but I’m hoping to reduce the number of devices I need while mobile. We’ve been pretty happy with the other Samsung devices in our home so I’d be happy to give the Galaxy Note a try and see if it can give my business an ‘Edge’ (Pun-worthy?... perhaps not ;-). I frequently refer to programs, snap photos and take notes during or just after personal training sessions, and have been told the Edge is pretty good for that sort of thing. I'll let you know how it goes.

My level of tech knowledge is low to moderate, but I have great tech support at home from my partner. I’m more concerned with day-to-day usefulness than what I can tinker with. He tells me it will be better integrated with my email, Google Docs for client management and printing than my current set of devices so that sounds like it’s worth a shot.

I’m on Twitter at @activepulsept which gets regular updates, FB at https://www.facebook.com/ActivePulsePT and Instagram at activepulse_personal_training (though that one is pretty quiet at the moment).

joshy1

Why you'd like to review the Note Edge
Have a interest in new technology and always want the latest and greatest devices, plus always happy to help improve things for others
Tech knkwlegde is nearly all fields of technology
Your current handset
Galaxy s4
Your social media presence (eg do you have Twitter and Instagram?) Instagram and facebook with afew thousand between both and can get the others if required
BowenMango

I love pushing technology to the Edge!

I'm the Information Technology & Communication Manager for a national sporting organisation. I'm an IT alrounder, I love to utilise all forms of technology to create a solution for my stakeholders. A developer at heart, but have also spent considerable time on the other side of the fence with server and network inftastructure development, deployment and management.

• Your current handset

Samsung Galaxy S5

Only the handles for my NSO Smiley Happy

cbates

hi i'm carly

i would love to review this because i love to try all the new tech and play with the new gadgets as soon as possible because i have an addiction lol

i am pretty good with the tech stuff and i am a big enthusiast and i love to find all the cool things to do with tech and see how i can incorporate it into my everyday life

my current handset is an iphone 4 and i pushed it's durability to the edge and now she has a cracked screen Smiley Sad but she is still kicking it!

i have a twitter account which has just over 7500 followers and i follow around 5500 people. my followers are mainly tech and gaming lovers----or you might refer to them as the coolest people around! 

i regularily engage with my followers and have built up a pretty good repoire with them, over the course of a year.

i would be honoured to test this phone and thanks for giving people an opportunity to try this

cbates

also i have just made a facey with a grand total of 1 friend so far!

so i have google, pinterest, twitter, facebook and i occassionally contribute to blog sites 

abrogard

We want to upgrade to something modern but don't know what from the bewildering variety

We're technologically savvy enough to use 8 computers at home, mobile phones, scanners, printers, etc...

Currently we've got iTouch and Telstra T108 phones for instance.

Makes us Edgy not knowing what to pick

Smiley Happy

Duckzor

I would like to review the Note Edge as up until now I have owned and abused with overuse, all Samsung Mobiles, and currently flogging the Note 3 to death.  This would provide me with the ability to Edge around the Note 4 and try out the impressive new features of the Edge

Working in the IT and Multimedia industry my knowledge of the phones and the OS is extensive, including the fact that I code apps for for mobile devices at work.  Secondary to this managing a large community sporting organisation sees me use the device almost 24/7 and test it to ithe Edge of its limits.

• Your current handset

Currently have the Note 3

Twitter, Instagram, Facebook.

freeunit1991080
Level 4: Private Eye

• I would like to review the Note Edge because I would like to discover the differences between Samsung and Apple devices better
  • My current level of tech knowledge: I am the sort of tech support person in my family as I have helped quite a few of my family members with technological issues
  • Primary: Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505) / Backup: Apple iPhone 4S
  • Facebook (jamesfreemantle1991) / Twitter (darth_freo) / Instagram (frejr001)
tesbrog

As  an aged Pensioner  I thought  it might be a good  reason to get another king\d of view on these new gad gets ,we are all not ready for the   grave yard as yet , Find the new Phone svery intresting

Nicsmith82

Id love the chance to test drive this new Samsung! Our whole house is apple and would love to try something new. I have been to scared to change just incase I don't like it! Time to start living on the edge and try something new!

Currently have an iPhone 5 which I'm very savvy with but would love a change. I use twitter and Facebook daily and also use instagram!

Telstra help me live on the edge and make the leap to Samsung!
dmanwong

hi i currently using a Nokia 920 personnally and also a iphone 4s from work. it would be a good experience to compare with an android experience, and also how the bigger screen can fit better in daily life personally or at work. Pick me.

i would love to tesat it and show all my friends and family i wouyld love to  show this off

Level 18: Intelligence Chief

• I love to play with anything tec i have had alot of phones but as of yet i havent had a note and my son is always saying how much better his phone is than mine "note 3 btw " So i would like to put that to the test and also give me answers to questions that could come up Also very interested to compare to my sony Eg camera and battery life 
  • i play with everything tec i can get my hands on i taught myself to build computers when i didnt have the money to replace a part and im a sponge when it comes to information i am also the go to person with family and friends  for help with anything tec 
    • Your current handset
    • Sony xperia z 3
      • I have twitter , facebook ,myspace and google +
      • You have me on the EDGE of my seat waiting to hear!
jaykan

*Why you'd like to review the Note Edge

Provide honest feedback as to the advantages of this over another andoid

*Your level of tech knowledge

Technician for 4 years and 9 years in Telco, Prior to that 2 years as a network administrator

*Your current handset

Note 4

*Your social media presence (eg do you have Twitter and Instagram?)

Facebook and Twitter

beetle84
Level 15: Special Agent

Id like to be included as im interested in the upside/downfall of a curved display, as well as testing how samsungs latest version of the touchwiz interface has lost its edge since my last samsung device (s3 4g).
Also the 16 mp camera has been getting good things said about it, so id like to test against my curent handset.

I currently use a sony z2, with too many software mods to list. I keep on top of the latest android tech news, and regularly give tech advice here and on other forums.

I have facebook and twitter, and am a regular forum user, so would be sharing my experiences with alot of people daily.
Whilst i may not be a big samsung fan of late, this may be the handset to edge out the competition in terms of out there designs and new tech.
Seib101

To whom it may concern, 

I would be the perfect candidate for the Samsung Note 4 Edge!  and let me tell you why.....

I am a Young professional with a keen interested in being up tp date with technology.  I am always on the go and adhere to a tight scheduel.  I need to the perfect companion to find a work life balance and give me access to my work anywhere and everywhere that I go!  

I need to be in communication all the time with both friends family clients and other professionals.  The Samsung note 4 will be the ulimate test to my life style.  

I am also a current iPhone user and have previously attempted to change to samsung and not enjoyed the experience.  I have had a little play with the Samsung Note 4 Edge and so far I like what I see! 

The first thing I do in the morning is pick up my phone and start my day.  I could not function without it.  I use my phone to create google docs, sheets and more.  I am always on my email and sending texts keeping up to date with news. 

I can't wait to have a test drive!  

Stew50

I would be a great reviewer of this product as I'm an apple fan I currently use a 4s &5s as well as my I pads , yes I'm on Instagram and Facebook , I've heard this phone has a wonderful camera as a photographer that posts in several groups daily I would test this phone and camera as well as a new operating system .
My level of expertise is high but I'm almost a senior and I've heard this phone is a , easy to use as well as easy to see most important for the older consumer who knows I might be a convert to living on the edge. I like the edge feature been looking at this since the release as well as the s pen that does help the older user
Riddick

Bloody hell Telstra, you've gone over the egde on this one.

• Your level of tech knowledge: Well I have done in the past installed custom roms, pulled apart my own mobile to fix problems, that service centers did not fix. I Build my own desktop PCs, just finnish building a hacintosh.
  • Your current handset: My current handset is a Nokia Lumia 1520
  • Your social media presence: Twitter - @lishmund and Insta - @wonambi_time_machine 

Whoops I nearly slipped over the edge by forgetting the best bit, why I want to review Samsungs new baby, I need to take the edge off by smelling the new phone smell, just like opening a new jar of coffee beans. I'd like to  compare camers on both the edge and the lumia 1520, post some shots on insta or imgur.com.

Miekeangel

I would love to be able to review the new Note Edge because I love learning about new technology, having a play and seeing what they can do. I am in fact on the Edge of my seat whenever something new is coming out (see what I did there)

I work in IT and am actually the fix it person for our phones and/or tablets. I am the bottom rung of our IT ladder but still! 

Your current handset

I currently have an iPhone 6

www.instagram.com/miekeangel

www.twitter.com/miekeangel

Please pick me!! I would definitely put it thru it's paces and would make sure that I let everyone know my thoughts

dax029

I would love the opportunity to review the edge as I have read really great reports on it. I'm also keen to move to the latest technology as I currently have the Samsung Galaxy S3 4G and don't have had it since its release and have been a Samsung fan since.

My technical knowledge is quite good to such a point that I'm our family's resident go to man for all their technical issues.

I have both a Facebook, Google+, and Twitter accounts.

As I'm the type of person that likes to live on the "Edge" I think this would make me the perfect candidate to review the Edge without slipping over it.
Hoody

I would love to see how the edge compares to other smart phones in the market as well as how it compares against it's own bretheran.

I currently own an iPhone 6 plus and a Samsung Galaxy Note 3

I am the most preferred person in my group of friends and family and in my workplace when it comes to recommendations about technology. I am regularly upgrading things like phones, tablets and laptops just to see whats new.

I am very active on social media and have both a twitter and instagram account

Samsungs new way to push technology over the edge of current capability

SMitch

I would love to trial the new Samsung Galaxy Note Edge !! II mean who wouldnt want this opportunity ?
I am currently using an iphone 4 and havent updated in 4 yrs !! According to those in the know once you go Samsung you never go back !! Well id love that to be proved by getting my hands on this stylish looking phone !! im pretty tech savvy well in my household I am anyway !! im on facebook... and willing to try out some more social media if it means getting the word out !!
Deb63

I absolutely love anything Samsung!

I know my Samsung Galaxy S3 inside and out and have tested it to it's limits and it has never let me down.

I would really love to review the Samsung Galaxy Note Edge because I know it could make the journey to the 'edge' of the earth and back without as much as a hiccup!

On a level from 1-10 my tech knowledge would be 9. I am the one who everyone comes to when a computer/laptop needs fixing or parts replaced. I especially thrive on fixing a computer that poses a challenge.

• Your current handset

Currently own a Samsung Galaxy S3

I use Facebook daily and also use Google +.

Thank you for giving me opportunity to apply to review the Note Edge.

deki

Why I'd like to review the Note Edge:

- I've been on the lookout for a new phone, to upgrade from my current iPhone 4s, and after being a devoted small screen guy, I want to try one out with a larger screen. This is the edge that the Samsung GALAXY Note Edge has over my iPhone 4s, and I think it's enough to get me over the edge to buy one.

I've used Android phones in the past, however felt that the OS was lacking. I think this would be a good opportunity to see how far it's come, and whether it's ahead of the curve, or about to go over the edge...

Level of tech knowledge:

- I work as an electronics technician and study Electrical Engineering; need I say more? Well I will. I've used Android phones, and understand the key differences with iOS, particularly the ability to customise and personalise your Smartphone experience. I also understand a lot of the underlying principles that make possible the operation of Smartphones, as well as their design and manufacture. I think having these skills definitely puts me over the edge for tech knowledge.

Current handset:

- Current handset is a little iPhone 4s. It's been causing me too many OS issues that I'm quite literally at the edge of my sanity.

Social media presence:

- Twitter and Instagram, check me out: dekizaff. Facebook is a given. My media presence always has me on the edge of my seat. Why? Because I always get excited when checking out what's new; like this Samsung Smartphone for instance.

(Can I just say I cringed at my own puns...I didn't think I had it in me, but when you're pushed over the edge, you'll go to any lengths).

timothyedmonds

im a teenager , My current handset is the Alcatel one touch m'pop because i recently broke my HTC One. thats why i think i would be a great tester for your new phone. i will defently be able to test the durability of the phone hahha. I'm forever on Twitter, Skype, Facebook, Pinterest, tumblr and Reddit as im a Graphics Designer and i need to keep up with the trends Smiley Very Happy. i know a fair amount about technology as i'm a into high performance computers and im in the midst of building one of my own. I have also been following the new oled technology for a while now and i've been very excited to see what is to come from it. Please Pick me i would love to help

Sh4des_23

I'm tempted by the dark side of mobile (Android). I want to jump ship from iOS 8 and see how the rest of the world works. And since the Galaxy Note Edge is the newest and greatest from Samsung, why not?

I'm a Systems Admin and Network Engineer at an Australian software company. Im quite comfortable using technology and have used it all my life. All my friends, family and colleagues come to me for tech advice

Your current handset

IPhone 6 Plus

I have both a Twitter and Instagram account. I post a few times per day to Twitter. Instagram is more for arty or hilarious things i find in my travels as I commute to Sydney City daily.
BennyR

Because I have been a fan of the Samsung devices since getting the note3 and as much as I enjoyed the device it did not full provide what I was looking for from a business prospective and would love to give this another go.

Advanced.

Your current handset
iPhone 6

Twitter & Instagram,
Brettmod

Why you'd like to review the Note Edge:

I would like to review the Galaxy Note edge because I like to keep up with the new phones. I like the Brand of Samsung. I had a loan of a Note 3 and liked it. Would like to see the difference.

Your level of tech knowledge:

I like to keep up to date with new tech. I think  my knowledge is 9/10

Your current handset:

My current handset is the Samsung Galaxy S5

Your social media presence (eg do you have Twitter and Instagram?):

I have Twitter and facebook

polarwarp

Samsung has the edge over apple with this phone as it comes out of the box curved, no need to shape it yourself in your pocket. Smiley Wink

Why I want to review this phone

This looks like an awesome phone.  I'm an avid photo taker and the camera sounds awesome.  Would love to experience the internet on a bigger screen than what I'm currently using as often I'll delay reading something until later when I have access to a bigger screen and then forget.  It's also a seriously cool looking phone - I love the look of the curved edge and its use of phone real estate.  Looks like the perfect phone for a geek like me!

Level of tech experience

I'm a software developer who is also a phone junkie. From Nokia to Apple to Windows/Nokia Lumia to Samsung to Sony I've experienced many!

Current handset

Sony xperia z1 compact

Social media presence

Facebook, Twitter (polarwarp, warpatwork) , Pinterest (polarwarp), instagram (polarwarp), google+ on occasion too.

I'll be all on edge waiting to hear if I'm the new lucky phone reviewer!  Smiley Very Happy

bendywire

First of all I would like to apologise for what you are about to read, but this task took me over the edge and beyond a GALAXY far, far away...

• Why I'd like to review the Note Edge
    • Well, the Samsung Galaxy Edge Note is ahead of the curve with its Edge. Samsung has always been at the bleeding edge of technology and clearly isn't afraid to bend the rules with technology and innovation. I'd like to note that the edge of the Note Edge could push other manufacturers over the edge of uncertainty in their attempts to keep up with this leading edge technology.
  • My level of tech knowledge
    • I'm lucky enough to be at the cutting edge, working in IT with mobile platforms in Edgeucation. I'm sometimes on edge when I comes to managing our 40,000 devices. But without this technology to help edgeucate our kids, products like the Samsung Edge Note wouldn't exist. I have the knowledge to put the Edge through the ringer as a smartphone in every sense of the word.
  • My current handset
    • I'd like to acknowledge branching out back in 2005 with my iMate Jam smartphone, I have continued on the bleeding edge through many iterations of smartphones including the HTC Wildfire, Blackberry, iPhones to my now Nokia Lumia 1020 - which used to be cutting edge
  • My social media presence
    • I live in this century and have all applicable social media personas. (@MrBenDwyer)

I will leave you with this adedge:

-  Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty -

Deep.

bendywire
(Lord of the Samsung Galaxy)
RCLucky

I'd like to review The Note Edge as everyone keeps telling once you have a Samsung there's no going back. I find myself having major phone envy, especially at concerts with the quality of video & photo's and battery life with Samsung phones.

I'm very tech savvy & what I don't know my mate Google helps me out!

My current handset is an iPhone 5s which is my right hand man! My phone is a multitasking mum's secret weapon to staying on top of everything.

I have Twitter, Instagram, Facebook & Pinterest.

Ready to live life on the edge. Note Edge, take me to the Infinity pool and beyond!

aaronw2003

• Why you'd like to review the Note Edge- I am not bias and can see beyond the edge, and

objectively review the new and unique features.  I do not have an alliance with major device companies such as HTC, Apple, Microsoft, Goolge, Blackberry, Amazon, Facebook. Yes I even played with a Facebook phone.

• Your level of tech knowledge- Apart from being a technology instrustry leader, my coffee table looks like a charging table at a Microsoft conference.  I have a Surface RT, Pro, x5 laptops, iEverything, and several mobile devices.  I utalise all features, and they all connect to my wireless receivers, HiFi, Lights, Car, etc. 
  • Your current handset- iPhone 5s, Samsung Galaxy S4 and a Note.
  • Your social media presence (eg do you have Twitter and Instagram?)- Ahhhhhh yes, I am under 40, I have Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, plus plus plus..

Aaron.

viccles

I would like to review the edge because I am gadgetgirl. I live and breathe for gadgets! Especially love mobile phones. My current level of tech knowledge is level 100! Current handset is an iphone 6+ but am more than keen for a samsung! have had a stack of samsung phones in the past, S3, S4, S5, Note 2 and Note 3. The Edge would be a brilliant edition! I have a twitter and instagram. My twitter name is @gadgetgirl_85 I also have a tech blog! I would love to do a comparison blog of the 6+ to the note edge. My URL is http://vicstechreviews.blogspot.com.au pick me pick me! 

lobie81

Samsung is pushing the envelope of mobile device design with this phone. While many people find the design of the Edge intriguing, there are also many questions to be answered. How useful will the edge display actually be? How user friendly will the interface be? Does it offer more than just notifications? How will the edge display affect battery life? How robust will the phone be? Is the edge prone to scratching? On top of all that, how do the other specs of the phone perform? Have Samsung skimped on things like battery life, camera quality, screen quality and build quality in favour of the edge display?

This is a really a device that will need to prove itself before the masses will get on board. As a Mobile Insider I would seek to answer these questions and get the info to the people so that they can make their choice. It's an exciting device, but it does push the limits of what is currently available. Lets get it out in the field and put it through it's paces as a daily driver.

High. I have a Bachelor of IT and have been a secondary school IT teacher for 8 years. I'm also always up to date with the mobile device and technology worlds.

Your current handset(s)

Sony Xperia Z3 Compact

Nexus 7 2013 (just updated to Lollipop!)

I'm on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram and contribute to Whirlpool and CrowdSupport regularly.

"Edge" pun

Who wins in a boxing match between Apple and Samsung? Samsung, beacause they have the "Edge"!

Boom tish...

Would love to get my hands on this exciting device!

Karinmelsen

I would liKe to review the note edge because it is a completely new idea and one of the most unique phones Samsung have released, I would like to compare it to some other phones and test it and see what its like. I would also like to see the s pen improvement's.

My level of tech knowledge:

My friends are forever asking me to help them with there technical problems either with their phones or tablets. I am currently doing an IT course at Tafe to improve my skills. I usually fix two to three phones a week usually from people who have tech related problems.

I currently own a fair few phones that I have reviewed and tested and done unboxing videos.

My current phone is the Samsung galaxy note 3.

I have twitter, Pintrest, google+, linkedin, instagram, facebook and a YouTube page where I review mobile phones and tablets. I like to live on the edge 😉

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now