CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Nokia 920 (Windows Phone 8) - Community Review - Final Say

Great answers  and good to see some addtional comments from other Crowdsupport members.

Below is our next set of questions:

How do you rate the Nokia Lumia 920 for:

Gaming (Except for Candy Crush)
            Emails
            Messaging
            Social media

Video

We have all done this, have you dropped it yet? If yes: where/what the damage 

What are the pros and cons for the Nokia Lumia 920? We really want to hear about the pros and cons from your perspective ?

If you could summarise your final judgement of the Nokia Lumia 920, what would that be?

We are also happy to announce the launch of the Nokia 925, check it out now!

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Nokia 920 (Windows 8) - Community Review - Final Say

After having a few weeks to try out the Lumia 920, including taking it on a family weekend away here are my impressions:

Gaming: This phone is an excellent gaming device. I have played Angry Birds Space, Civilization Revolution as well as tried out a number of other games that weren't my cup of tea, but were graphics intense.  The screen can be a bit sensitive to touch, but once you get used to how it behaves you adapt.  It is a very capable with graphics intense games, with no lag and good responsiveness. The audio and haptic feedback is also very pleasing.

Emails:  i have multiple email accounts feeding in to the phone.  It behaves pretty much idenitcally to my Galaxy S3. No problems whatsoever. Excellent.

Messaging: I love the messaging on the Lumia. Especially the ability for it to read out my text messages when driving and also allowing me to dictate a response if I need to respond. The voice recognition is fantastic.  Seriously, this is the best feature of this phone as far as I'm concerned.

Social Media: I use Facebook and Linkedin quite a lot and I can't fault the phone in this regard.  The apps work really well.

Video:  I took a couple of videos while up in Ballarat.  The results were excellent. Under situations where normally you would have problems with focussing issues or low light, this phone really shines.  The only problem I had was the location of the lens. Being relative low down the back of the phone compared to most other phones, I found myself covering the lens with my finger on a few occasions, you need to consciously think about finger placement.

Summary: I haven't dropped the phone but it has received the normal usage that I give phones and it has stood up to it very well.  No scuff marks or scratches.  It does accumulate lint on the bottom corners of the phone, but this wipes off.  Survived a rain storm in Ballarat, just wiped it dry with no water ingress.

The Pros and Cons with this phone are going to come down to personal preference.  Yes, it is a heavy phone, but it is a very comforatable heavy phone.  The screen is outstanding. Very clear and easy to read in all conditions.  The only real complaint I have about the phone is audio quality on phone calls.  To me it does sound quite "washed out", not as loud or clear as the Samsung Galaxy S3.  I can't use this phone in a loud Basketball Stadium like I could with the Galaxy.  One big plus is for those people wih hearing aids, this phone does support hearing aids and works very well.

Final Judgement: Don't knock it till you've tried it.  Yes, WP8 is not a popular system at the moment (looking forward to GDR2 update coming out soon), but this phone is definitely worth a look.  It compares very well with both the Samsung Galaxy range and the iPhone 5. I would give this phone an 8.5/10.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
darb
Level 4: Private Eye

WOW excellent final say! Smiley Happy. You sound almost converted!

Almost converted. Both Microsoft and Nokia have some things that need to be improved before I could say that a Nokia Windows phone is my Number 1 choice.  But yes, a very impressive phone overall.

Putting my "one device" hat on; If Nokia and Microsoft worked together to develop a mobile phone that docks in to a Laptop/Tablet while running Windows 8 Unified (ie both WP8 & Windows 8 Pro capabilities), I could see that as being the ultimate business device.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now