CrowdSupport®
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Untitled.png

What is the Mobile Insider team?

The Mobile Insider team are Telstra customers that are selected to be part of a social review team. This means that they trial new phones/tablets which they receive free of charge and provide honest opinions on them. 

How do I get selected for the team?

We are looking for people to provide honest, genuine and useful review of products.  This doesn’t mean all reviews have to be positive, but they do need to give an accurate account of your experience of a product. 

We're looking for people who are happy to chat on social media and answer questions (mainly Crowd Support and Twitter) and enjoy talking all things tech. We're looking for people with a wide range of tech understanding from beginners to experts.

What kind of products can I expect to trial?

This time we have a Sony Xperia Z2 handset for you to review. This also comes with accesories - a wireless charger, SmartBand and Digital Noise Cancelling Headset.

What do I have to do once I have the products?

The products are yours to keep. You will need to use it and provide your opinion on Crowd Support, answering community member's questions for two weeks. 

If you'd like to be considered for the team, please tell us why you think you would be a good member and about your social media presence (including your twitter handle if you have one.) 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
134 REPLIES 134
Cannulator
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Re: Sign up to be a Mobile Insider and review the Sony Z2 + accessories

My job takes me everywhere. Indoors and out on a daily basis in the environments that need a Z2 and would surely test its limits! Just to give potential purchasers a fair idea! @Cannulator is my twitter handle- I twitterise a lot.
Using tech everyday in prehospital emergency health.
jaredw
Level 2: Rookie

I would love the chance to be a mobile insider. I use social media very often and love playing around with smart phones etc to see what they can and can't do.

I have had some issues with Telstra customer service but would love the oppurtunity to be shown that Telstra are a great service provider and believe i can offer solutions to problems a lot of people are having trouble with in regards to customer satisfaction.

I have been a loyal Telstra customer for over 15 years.

Thank you for your time

Jared Woodhouse

ewilkinson86

I work as a digital content coordinator so rely on mobile technology to run testing on, try new thing out and just see how far we can take the next big thing. When I code and gym I always have good headphones in reach so that I can focus and have tried a few pairs but haven't found the best so maybe these are them. I am active and on the lookout for a new smart band to make being online and in contact easier and am always on the run so wireless is everything to me. I am also studying marketing business and have a good twitter following globally with a lot of other marketers and digital people who follow me to get my opinions and thoughts on different things. @emwilkinsonr is my handle. I am also on instagram but more of a tweeter and face booker.
jacquibuckley

I would love to be a mobile insider. My phone is my life. Never leaves my side. I have been a telstra customer all my life. Loyal and true
jacquibuckley

jacquibuckley

Please please please please 😄
LukeWilliams143
Level 1: Cadet

The opportunity of being a mobile insider would be absolutely amazing. With schooling and my job I have the chance to put all phones to the ultimate test, I have kept up with the latest smartphones and comment on them regularly. I have a wide friend group and network to get the phones the publicity they need, I have 300 subscribers on YouTube and close to a 1000 friends on Facebook. I would love the chance to tell all my friends about the new phones that Telstra, I've been a proud customer of Telstra for over 10 years. If you give me the chance to be on the Telstra insider team I can 100 percent gaurantee that I will not let you down in giving your phones the test they need. Majority of the new smartphones customers are currently using the phone for schooling and what not and I can demonstrate how your phones work for schooling needs as well as an exciting and adventures life style.
Thank you for the opportunity.
Yours sincerely Luke.
Mdheron37

I am just an ordinary person who likes thier technology and works in a wharehouse. I am on twitter (@mheron7), google+, facebook and instagram. If you want video of the equipment in action then I can do that. I'm honest and always tell people how it is. If I don't like something I will say so and I will tell you why. I also have no problem people asking me questions about.

winmas

I have always been keeping myself updated with latest technology news. I am also able to get used with new gadgets within a short period of time, giving me advantages in offering supports to other users.

The water-proof and dust-resistent features of the Zperia Z2 are the best and latest technology to date, which attracts a lot of people in giving a test.

I am a frequent user of Facebook, but I don't post public posts much. I have a twitter account @winmas, which I could post more tweets if I could be one of the Mobile Insiders. I also have a YouTube channel if you want me to offer some videos related to Xperia Z2. 

Winmas

QLD 4074

micferg

Twitter @themicferg, huge tech head, always offering advice to friends and family about new products and tech support.
Kholtien

I am an avid mobile user. I am always at the forefront of knowledge for mobiles but I never get any practical use. I always try to keep up to date with all the latest tech news and would love the opportunity to test out the different devices. I deal with different phones all the time at work but never own them personally.
AdamFowler_IT

Hi,

I've previously reviewed the Telstra 4G dongle when it first came out and believe that review was quite successful (I had random people I know telling me they were researching it and found my writeup!).

I have a strong twitter presense on @AdamFowler_IT and adamfowlerit.com including reviewing several products.

I do enjoy playing with new gadgets and devices while putting them through their paces.

Thanks
Adam

Vermark26

G'day Telstra Crowd Support,

If afforded the opportunity to exploit the capabilities of the Sonz Z2 + accessories, I would prosecute it through a range of evolving activites in both a tempest rated environment and various limited general access areas in NSW and possibly other states.

I'm an avivd user of Social Media, endeavouring to provide technological influence, and to a small extent affect change to behaviours, based on observations, insights and lessons (i.e. Lessons demonstated through predictive behaviour mannerisms, etc)

Please consider me as a potential candidate.

Regards

Mark V

Twitter: Vermark26

nickgee

Hi

Basically, I'm a geek. However I am a geek with social skills. I have previously owned a Samsung Galaxy, Iphone and currently use a Windows Phone. I have never used a Sony phoie before.

I have recently started making YouTube vids ( about a game I play - told you I was a geek) with my most recent having over 1300 views. Whilst this may not seem astounding, considering its a game and I'm a no-name compared to the other "celebrities" posing about it, it is a decent effort.

I do love new tech, I love unboxing and watching people un box on YouTube. Also love watching reviews so I already have a vague idea about what you are expecting. My Twitter handle has been relatively dormant as of late but that can easily change

I look forward to working with telstra and telstras customers in showcasing new and exciting products
Twitter handle: nickkkg
jwill14

I would love to be able to test this product! I am a uni student and rely on technology to study. When i first began studying i would myself looking a technology reviews to see what was out there to help me achieve. I would like to provide the same experience for other people! i dont have twitter but i wouldn't mind getting it if i meant i could provide detailed reviews to proucts to help others out.

uccoffee
Level 3: Gumshoe

I like tech news and gadget, I have been reviewing and taking video on youtube for quite a long time. 
I have own a few sony (ericsson) xperia include the arc, play, S and Z before and have been using different brands of android phone include samsung, HTC, motorola, sony, xiaomi, and huawei. 

I am interested in reviewing the smartband since I have never own this kind of gadget before. 

PC 
https://www.youtube.com/user/uccoffee

AlisonNicholls

Hello my name is Alison.

I take pride in my technology and devote my time to figuring out whether the technological item is good or bad, and I'll be straight out honest on my personal opinion!

The specifications I look for in technological objects are the technical features, camera, MP, social networking, general speed, internet speed, technological adjustments, lighting and sound; depending on what the specific item has to offer.

Although I'm a technology geek I am just an everyday genuine citizen of Australia, I do not have any expectations as I will not judge/underestimate an item until I've tested it.

I am interested  in the way our world is developing technologically and I believe my judgements are important; in fact essential for honest and genuine feedback on the newest/previous technolgy.

I personally love all technology from phones to tablets; they all have their unique importances which I believe are essential for our generations daily life. Technology is striving for perfection and it's certainly at it's highest point in the year 2014, but I believe technology has a lot more potential and if you allow me to test out the products I promise I'll provide you with detailed feedback!

I am prepared to help the community and answer questions on Crowd Support, I believe everyone who's with Telstra deserves special service; and I'd love to help out!

Love Alison Heart

Twitter: @AlisonHawky 

I love social media and am online literally 24/7! Whether it's on my Phone or my Computer I am always online and will always be ready to help! 

Kate1977

I have been a Telstra customer for years and would love to be a Mobile Insider
The_Godfather

Well, let me start of by thanking you guys for giving us a great opportunity like this. I believe that i will be the best person to review technology. You know why? Because i am a teenager. And who better a person to review products of the future, than a person who is the future of this country. If you look around in our society, you see teenagers constantly on technology, on the train, buses, shopping centres, etc., with phones in their hands. We practically live and breathe technology. Why not have a person who lives and breathes technology, instead of someone who just uses it. And you know why it is good to have a person who is the future of this country? Its because i know how to appeal to the future of this country. I know how to speak the lingo people understand. I know how to make people interested in technology. I know how young people think. Teenagers are constantly using technology, every day of their lives. Wouldn't you prefer someone who knows and lives technology, instead of someone who just uses it? I believe that i am the correct person for this. I have Facebook, and was considering getting twitter. If you want to review products of the future, why not get a person of the future to review it?

Cannulator
Level 5: Eagle Eye

i have been a have a strong presence in My Telstra Experience- having reviewed honestly more than my share of Telstra Hardware and processes- most importantly as a Sony lover who uses an iPhone and iPad how can I not give an honest opinion!
Using tech everyday in prehospital emergency health.
pjbjohno

would love to sign up to be a mobile insider and reviewer Smiley Happy

wolfcat

@wolfcat 

With a long history of wanted to be an earlier adopter, but not the budget to do so, i've always loved playing with new tech.

From cameras to phones, i've blogged, emailed, photographed and tweeted about them all.

From my first Android phone through to my latest S4, I've enjoyed playing with the platform, pushing my devices hard in both the real world and in the virtual.

http://www.wolfcat.com.au/randomrants/topics/mobile/

I am an honest but fair reviewer as well.  

Now, who do I have to beg...

lobie81

I'm a secondary IT and maths teacher. I love reading about new and emerging tech. I'm always on twitter (@wombat_81) and follow the leading tech blogs from Australia and abroad. I love taking photos of my kids when we're out and about and sharing then with friends and family on social media. I demand a lot from my devices, but I also take very good care of them. I love shopping for accessories to get the most out of my devices.
I would be more than happy to try out this device, give my honest impressions, answer questions and chat to users about the device. I need to be connected 24/7 for my job and believe that would make me a good candidate.
bigtalldamien

as a testament to my love of social media and phones i can present RSI certificates and thumb calluses.

but I believe I would be a great addition to the #mobileinsider crew because of my ability to test the device in all facet of my life and that of the devices.

Being able to test them in a corporate environment and also as a father with young kids and even a meme tweeting nerd with mild fitness tendances.

In the household we cover all platforms IOS and android etc so integration and syncing can be explored

So in short vote 1 Kodos. Um i mean @damien_77

wombat_1001

I would love to review as i work in the IT Industry and are always reading about the latest technology news on Twitter and Facebook

Twitter :  Wombat_100

SkyFire747

I use my Galaxy S2 a lot and I am very active on twitter and would love to review the Sony Z2. I am able to answer tech questions easily. My twitter handle is SkyFire747.
tw_tech

Since I'm an IT guy who deals with 0s and 1s and on testing quality software products and raising a number of bug reports on the ones I have found, I'd be more than happy to get my hands on one of these to test and provide an impartial feedback.

I would test its features including VPN connectivity, synchronisation, network capabilities, DLNA for I've been using these technologies on mobile day in and out.

twitter handle : @bershath 

Cheers

Ty

WarWraith

I'm the enemy. An iPhone user. I'm on my third iPhone.

I've been around technology for longer than I care to think about, I've worked in tech support on and off for many years, and I'd like to think I have the ability to answer technical questions with layman-level language. I work on a Macbook Pro, built an Ubuntu-based media server for the living room, and I use a Windows 8.1 system for gaming. I'm platform agnostic when it comes to using the right tool for the job.

I've had several friends try and convince me that I should give Android a go, but because of my investment in the Apple ecosystem, I've been content to stay.

I'd be willing to give the Z2 a real, serious shot as an alternative to the iPhone.

Twitter handle: WarWraith

leesargent

Well I guess I'd be an interesting reviewer in that I'm a fairly committed Apple user but I have an open mind to exploring alternative brands to test that resolve.

When you've used the same brand for years and years making a change to another phone or device can be a little daunting especially when locking yourself into a contract. But I'd certainly love the chance to have a look at a Sony and give it an honest chance.

My twitter profile is leesargent I also podcast, blog, am on tumblr, Facebook, instagram etc (I'm a social media manager).

Cheers

Lee

uccoffee

my cat also help out when doing tech reviews and unboxing  Smiley Happy

Hockeyant

My job has me travelling all round Sydney, all round NSW , all round Australia and some travel around the world. Given that travel the demands placed on my technology can be large. So any feedback i give would be coming from the point of view of thorough testing and use of the device in many wide and varied locations. All this makes for a good assessment of capability. Not only the device but the user as well. Lol

I'm hoping you will choose me! Smiley Happy

Anthony Thornton
Reavus

Hi there!

I think it would be fantastic if I could become a Telstra Mobile Insider!

I am based in Darwin, NT and I work as a Civil Engineer. My work requires me to often travel to remote areas of the Northern Territory, most of which are remote communities. It's very important for me to carry a smart phone out with me to site as I frequently need to make calls, check emails and take photos while I am out bush. I would be able to give this phone (Z2) an all round work out. That experience would result in some very thorough feedback for sure. 

I would also be able to test out the phone's dust and water resistance as those are common occurences for me out on site. The camera is something I also very keen to test out as I know it is supposed to be very good. As an amatuer photographer, as well as needing a camera for site visits, the camera is something that I would look at closely.

Additionally, I am a bit of a techie and I love to keep up to date with the latest gadgets. I use twitter (@mrmattfong) to keep up to date and follow companies, such as telstra, for all the latest releases. I am active on other internet forums as well, including Reddit. Discussing technology and comparing devices is almost a hobby for me.

I enjoy providing feedback on experience with many of my gadgets. If I can help someone make a decision on their next purchase, I am more than happy to provide them with my thoughts. I would be delighted to answer questions and provide my opinion on a device such as the Xperia Z2.

If I get the opportunity to be a mobile insider, just tell me where and when and I will be available to provide information and feedback with my experiences with this phone. 

I promise I won't let you guys down!

Twitter Handle: @MrMattFong / https://twitter.com/MrMattFong

Support Team
Support Team

Thanks everyone for the interest, and for sharing your experience and thoughts.

@katroberts wanted me to let you all know the person will be chosen this Thursdays.

Angela 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

wazman21

Hi there!

I'd love to be a Crowdsupport Mobile Insider. I'm a tech lover and regular reader of tech sites like Engadget, Gizmodo and The Verge and I love keeping up to date with the latest tech trends happening around the world. I'm currently an iPhone user, but have used all 3 major mobile eco systems (iOS, Android, Windows Phone) at various stagesover the past few years.

My professional career as a Digital Communications expert, not to mention my personal life, leads me to be heavily involved in social media, mostly centred around Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. I am also well versed in writing for print and the web, and even had a reader review published on Gizmodo earlier this year, so my writing can be verified! (https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2014/01/gizmodo-reader-review-bose-quietcomfort-20i-noise-cancelling-head...

I can also guarantee my reviews will be honest and accurate, plus I never miss a deadline and am happy to engage with users who have additional questions (see that Giz article's comments to see my follow ups).

I regularly use my mobile device for music and media consumption, especially at the gym, and am always on the look out for a new way to improve that experience and make life easier. My Twitter handle is @wazman21. I have also developed many mobile websites and an iOS app in the past, so putting a mobile device through its paces would be right in my wheelhouse.

kabilya

I am a developer and have deloped apps fro iPhone and Android. Would love to be a mobile insider.
I am a tech savvy and read too many tech news daily.

I use Twitter 16 hours a day. following various accounts mainly tech related news and insiders.
@kabilya

happyface101

If I were chosen to test the product and post about it, it would be a family effort from a savvy mum who runs a small business, two kids who aren't afraid to click, swipe and occasionally drop a phone, and a dad who would take some convincing to leave Apple Land. Sure I don't tweet much - I am on my phone consistently with my job, and the kids are always willing to try out whatever they can with no fear. I'd love to compare the video and photo functions on this phone - they look amazing and with two kids, we always have football moments to capture! I'll always give an honest opinion and it won't be sugar coated. twitter is happyface101 - I try to be positive but when it's not, it's just not! have fun choosing and good luck to those who are chosen!!
CameronGilroy

I'd love to be on your review team, living in rural NSW and working in a media production company gives me a lot of opertunities to work with the latest equipment & experience the real benefits of the Telstra network!

Love Twitter & I'm on there very few minutes @CameronGilroy reading the latest & answering questions.

Support Team
Support Team

Thank you again everyone for your interest.

Angela 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

top2502

i would like the awesome chance to be a mobile insider, i've been a mobile enthusiast for 8 years and been with the telstra network since 3G 2100 days. to be honest this is my second account with telstra as the first account phone number was always hard to remember so i got an new account and number.  I've used phones includeing the HTC One (M7 and M8) Iphone 3GS,4S and 5S and many more. In the past i've done reviews on forums on a few devices includeing the ipod touch 5th gen and Iphone 3GS,4S And 5S. i've been intrested in the Z2 for a while after useing the Z and Z1 both really nice phones, i have youtube account where i could upload a review and a twitter account to upload photos

Thanks top250 Smiley Happy

Zero_Blink

Legendary effort Telstra! It's great to see community involvement and crowd support initiatives.

As a creative digital startup / small mobile dev team running on Telstra, Zero Blink can't wait to pitch in and put this tech through it's paces.  We'll keep the start-up eco-system informed and look forward to responding to all the buzz. 

Think along the lines of ...

Telstra asked Zero Blink to review the new Sony Z2, #askZBZ2

Cheers!

@__zeroblink

#askZBZ2

Tyson Young || Client Relations Manager || Zero Blink
www.zeroblink.com
rwjones67

I have been using electronic devices for over 30 years and love keeping up with the latest tech toys on youtube, Twitter, Google plus, and feedly. I love reading about the latest products as they come out. It's not just the hardware but the software that can set one device apart from another. Your phone can truly integrate your life, allowing you to find your way with GPS, keep in touch with social media, discover things to do nearby, share important events, get the latest news; or just chill out reading a book, watching a movie, or managing appointments and contacts. I would love the opportunity to review products and help others to make the product choice that is right for them.
RWJ
AllenJSchofield

I use my current phone all day every-day! Whether it's staying organsied for University, texting friends, posting pictures to Instagram and even letting the world know what I'm eating via Twitter. 

My twitter handle is allenjschofield and I'm always updating! Twitter and Instagram follower account is getting bigger everyday and I love looking at new ways to gain followers and get my opinon out there.

Teacups_

Oh how I would love to be a Mobile Insider!
Whilst I don't post much on twitter (@i_bruise_easily) I do check it all the time. I'm much more active on Instagram (@teacups_and_barbells) and Facebook.
As a student midwife my mobile phone is my lifeline. I need it to be reliable and last whilst I'm out and about so that I'm contactable for when babies are on their way!
I'm very active and my life is crazy so the smart band is of real interest to me!
I've been an apple user for a few years but really want to take the leap over to android, I'm keen to see how easy it is to make this change.
dkeppie

Hi there,

I think I would be a valuable member of the Mobile Insider Team.

I started my career as a Telstra graduate in 1998, working in both Australia and the UK. I was then hired as the first Googler (Google employee) in Singapore, working throughout Southeast Asia, before returning to Australia. I now work for LinkedIn, based in Sydney.

Throughout all of these phases of my career, despite being a non-technical person, I have been at the forefront of mobile and Internet technology.

My social media presence is diverse, with a substantial professional network on LinkedIn, a large community of friends on Facebook, a swag of Google+ connections and a decent number of Followers on Twitter.

My Twitter handle is @dkeppie

I hope you will select me for the team and look forward to providing honest, genuine and useful review of products.

Kind regards,

Darren Keppie

Darrenkperth

As the General Manager of a M2M business utilizing Telstra's NextG network in thousands of devices, testing and proving devices is within my comfort zone. Also, as the responsible person who decides the mandate to which devices we provide throughout the business, it is crucial that I understand where new devices fit within a corporate environment. The Xperia Z2 was already on my radar due to it's IP rating, however the change to Android from the apple ecosystem we're currently engaged in requires some serious due diligence and I would be happy to share my findings to other Telstra users. 

My twitter handle is @darrenkwok and I welcome any correspondence.

Thanks and regards.

Darren 

ahbiteme

With 12 years of human research experience, I'm well aware of the importance of constructive, relevant, unbiased feedback, so I will provide honest, detailed responses. I'm well versed in Facebook and Twitter, while being a bit of a technology junkie, so I'm well-placed to take part in this.

My twitter handle is @ozwineguy

Cheers,
Alex
speedwaykart30

I race speedway gokarts across the east coast of Australia an i can only use a Telstra phone as some of the phones ive had usually don't work in areas an i am always putting race results,race news an updates on social media (Facebook,instagram an etc) all the time
caznpete66

ide like to try  one out as using a smasung galaxy  2  ,and need a new to update and get in the know with and Ide like to see how well it goes here in Wallabi Piont as  you reckon your service gets anywhere ,well not here 

AfterDark

I am an active supporter of Telstra having worked in many roles in the company for over 34 years. Reired for 10 years I have a very active interest in technology and as well as my own enjoyment I teach seniors about technology through the local University of the Third Age. I like to keep up to date with latest trends and would welcome the chance to review and report on this phone. Thanks for asking

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now