CrowdSupport®

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
Sladey
Level 2: Rookie

Re: Sign up to be a Mobile Insider and review the Sony Z2 + accessories

Mobile, to me is everything.
I use it everyday for personal and professional, at work it's Facebook, Twitter, company web, Instagram, email and web search, password managers and a variety of apps.

To test and be honest about new products is an ideal opportunity to provide feedback to the broader tech community, novice or pro.
Twitter
@sladeoke
damoroller
Level 1: Cadet

Hi. I am a proffessional in IT and Geoscience data acquisition. I travel every week. I set up and configure mail servers for multiple users to sync over varying platforms.

I am well acquainted with a few manufactureres, but not any of the recent Sony Xperia gear. I am able to genuinely recommend products that I personally have a valid length of experience with.

Sony are going for a somewhat bulletproof solution in their Xperia range by adding tough glass and water resistence. I need to evaluate the savings in screen repairs versus real worl application of a Sony product on a known platform.

Add in noise cancelling headphones:  if this noise cancellation accessory is quality then Sony are onto a winning combination for on-the-go professionals.

putapegonit

Hi there i would love the chance to review the smart phone. I am a courier and rely on my ph all day everyday. I recieve questions for quotes on facebook messages emails calls texes ebay items gumtree. My ph is my gps and i have to check my banking regarding job payments. I update my ph every 3-4 months when new smart phones come out. I would love the chance to actually have some imput into how it operates. Thanks
johno261

I would love the chance to test amazing products given the fact that I know alot about Technology and have a passion overdrive for Technology. I believe new phone and tablets work best on the best network this country can provide.. Being Telstra!! I also believe that customers need honest market advice based on the knowledge of those who have tested the products giving sound advice to lead confidence in the buyers mind.

rmk074

I've never used a Sony phone or any accessories that come with them before so I'd be perfect to truly test it. If preferred I can compare to the phone I use now. I've done the odd review before and don't sugar coat, if I don't like something or a feature I'll be honest and tell you why and would suggest what could make it better. I'm on social media all the time. I'm also a bit of a technology junkie. My twitter handle is rmk074
thollingsworth

I would be good member of the Mobile Insider team as I bring a depth of experience using smartphones on both major platforms.  Initially on Android devices (DROID and DROID2) I have been using iPhone 4S for the past 2 years and am thinking of switching back to Android.  Hearing good things about the Xperia Z2 and its camera and enjoy taking photos and sharing on social media.

Twitter: @hollingsworth

I also curate technology over on @AskTonyIT (and for my food interests: @AskTonyFood ) 

Instagram: @tonyhollingsworth and @AskTonyFood 

You'll see I bring in-built community to my sharing of reviews and hope I can participate!

Thanks

Tony Hollingsworth

M0lly

Being a loyal Telstra customer for over 30 years, I would love to review the Sony Xperia Z2. To keep up to date with all the latest technology and to actually be able to review the product and provide feedback would be awesome.  I use social media on a daily basis to advertise my business and have found it to be quite successful.  To be a Mobile Insider would be a fantastic and no doubt a rewarding experience for me.

patrickodriscol

Hi,

Im just an average person, who can give an honest review. I live in Brisbane city and often travel outside of the area. I currently use a HTC One M8, and believe my self to be a bit of a phone tech head. I have always kept up to date with my Smart phones, and would love the opportunity to road test this one for you. 

I do have alot of spare time to spend talking on CrowdSupport, or any other forum you would like used. 

Looking foward to working with you.

Regards 

Patrick

lozmatic

Hi,

Last year I got a Sony Xperia Z, but a hairline crack on the screen killed it (the phone was in my pocket as I was giving my daughter a bath).

I replaced it with a Lumina 620, a low end product running Windows Phone 8. Upgraded to 8.1 recently. I've been very happy with this phone, but it has passed it's sell by date as far as performance is concerned.

So I'd be looking ar a couple of things: how solid the Z2 is compared to the Z1 and switching back to Android.

I'm particularly curious about the latter in the context of my work (digital) and using Microsoft apps.

My twitter handle is architxt and I usual blog on Medium and LinkedIn.

Thanks.

Lawrence

Goddot

I would love to be a Mobile insider, i think my reviews would honest, open, well written, and frankly outstanding. I have had over 1500 people read my trip advisor reviews, and i've only written 11. I was also the face of eHarmony for 12 months, and my YouTube advert has over 70,000 views - you'd basically have a celebrity on board.

kerenf1

I would love the opportunity to review the sony xperia z2 weather it be positive or negative feedback. I currently have no need to use twitter, i am more than willing to activate an account for this purpose, however i am active user on Facebook.
Benologics

It's cozy here inside the Apple ecosystem. Why would I (or anyone else) wish to leave?
I have my apps, my mates on iMessage & FaceTime & my stuff works between my iPhone & iPad.

I'm one of the many in the Apple camp. Who with enough coaching might one day leave. But I'm that friend, the one that you & every body asks for advice on what piece of technology to buy.

Find me online: @Benologics or my blog where I write tech notes to myself: http://andrewbennett.com.au
kookie45

I work in pre-sales all day and have access to the wider community every day. I have done tech reviews in the past and frequently visit and assist users with mobile issues.

I always get asked about my phone and accessories and provide advice to the next purchase and what would benefit them the most.

I am also a tech junkie and have a need to touch, feel, own every device out there to find the very best.

I would love the opportunity to join the team and do future reviews on products that may/may not be relased to the public 

Bubbles_1953

I am 51 on Sunday (so would be a good birthday gift LOL)
Besides that I am semiretired and have in the past worked as a mystery shopper. I have in my working life worked at Myer and in many companies as a front desk receptionist
I am always doing customer surveys and as O have also been a secretary am able to answer the questions in a neat and logical manner
I would be open and honest with my answers telling both the good and bad points on the phone I am reviewing
I do have two twitter accounts one for my current massage business and one personal one
As well as several Facebook pages and three Facebook groups I am admin to
Would love to be a reviewer for the Samsung Galaxy 2
My husband has an iPhone 3 I currently have a 4S
All my family have iPhones
However just recently my daughter who has an iPhone 5 mentioned when she is out if contract she will be changing to a Samsung Galaxy which surprised me as she has always loved her iPhone
Bubbles_1953

I am also a My Sony member having owned three Sony Ericsson Phones in the past
So would be good to review the Sony Z2 and become a Mobile Insider reviewer 😀
Kairu

Becoming a Mobile Insider is my dream job/hobby, as mobile phones have been a passion of mine since their inception. Over the past two years, I have used phones such as the IPhone 5S, Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy 4 & 5, HTC One (M7) and LG Google Nexus 5 as my daily driver and am extremely knowledgeable about the iOS, Android and WP operating systems. Not only do I have the knowledge and passion to be a Mobile Insider, as a school teacher, I have great communication skills that would compliment the Telstra Crowd Support team in educating consumers from a wide range of ability and knowledge levels. 

I am the person that all my colleagues, family and friends come to for advice with their mobile devices and I am currently in the process of launching my blog 'A Word on Tech' that reviews and compares mobile devices and plans and would see becoming a Mobile Insider as a great opportunity to become involved in the industry. My twitter handle is @kairu83. I also am situated on Facebook and Google +

schmak2010

Hey guys,

I think I might be a good candidate for this, as I have a Xperia Z and a Z1 - how far has Sony come since making their comeback?  Also I have access to the HTC One M7/M8 and Nexus 5.  I'd post a few text updates and reviews and finish with a video review, because these devices need to be shown off Smiley Wink

I'm also curious to see how the Lifeband competes with the recent Android Wear devices.

EDIT: My Twitter is @Schmak2010.  I also have a YouTube channel in the works. 

Current Daily Driver : Sony Xperia Z1 and LG G Watch.
The Collection : Sony Xperia Z, HTC One M7, Nokia Lumia 1020.

See you in the Destiny beta!
Hit me up for PSN ID.
Stoofla

To whom it may concern,

Please consider me for this trial, I am young and believe I am well up to date with technology. I use my phone to it's full capabilities, keeping track of my university timetable, playing games, taking pictures while also googling various things throughout any given day as well as many many more tasks. As a teenager in these modern times i am very reliant on my mobile phone and also very critical of any limitations it or any of my friends phones have (such as the new Samsung Galaxy S5 that my girlfriend has just purchased and i have found many things that i believe could be drastically improved about the UI). I believe i would be able to give you an accurate and detailed review of the Sony Z2, please consider me for the task.

Kind Regards.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Thanks so much to everyone for putting yourself forward.

We had a hard time choosing our new #mobileinsiders. The lucky ones this time are @Jupiter  and @dkeppie 

If you'd like to improve your chances of getting picked next time we'd love you to get involved and ask them a question on the Sony Xperia Z2 and accessories.

Get involved in the discussion here: http://tel.st/wzej

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

winmas

@katroberts I couldn't find @Jupiter's post in this forum thread. Does that mean the Mobile Insiders are also chosen from other threads? If that's the case, I'm afraid it isn't fair for new CrowdSupport users.

Vermark26

G'day @katroberts

I also failed to find @Jupiter

Was @Jupiter an earlier entry requesting consideration ... that has perhaps been removed for privacy issues?

Regards

Vermark26

Smiley Happy

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hello @winmas and @vermark26 

We keep people on file who have put themselves forward to be a #mobileinsider from past threads - just like you 2 will continue to be considered for future reviews.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Vermark26

No worries ...

Look forward to future opportunities

Regards
@Vermark26
Michael_C
Level 3: Gumshoe

I would love to be a part of the Mobile Insider team. 

I believe I possess all the qualities that would make me an excellent candidate such as:

•         A strong social network presence which includes being constantly active on Facebook and wiling to answer any questions and give my honest opinions.
  •         I love technology and constantly research the latest and grandest gadgets.
  •         I will provide an honest review by using the devices given to me as much as possible and making sure I understand everything about them.

I am very interested in joining the social review team and hope I am chosen.

Regards Michael  

tjworsley

@tjworsley - I like to play with gadgets and practically live on my phone, be it making calls or using apps all all types. 

I'm the perfect canditate because of my willingness to share views and the throurough test I will do on the phone! 

Brandon28AU

I am a student, a worker and a friend and while I know that's nothing special it is a lot to deal with and my phone is always at the centre of this world. My whole life is poured into a single phone, (well its synced with the web, but what isn't Smiley Tongue ) and my life works around it. I use my phone to communicate via text, phone calls, VoIP, you name it, it is the single most important way I communicate especially since I need it to organise when to actually see when we can meet in person, it's my calendar, its my camera, its my remote, its my GPS, my calculator, my media player, and while many other people also share this, I truly mean it when I say a majority of my life goes through a single phone, and cause of this I have high expectations of a phone. I'm always staying up to date with the lastest technology news and if I could afford it, my house would be so full of technology I wouldn't be able to fit inside.

I love everything about technology and every scrap of information I can figure out about it, even more so I love discussing technology, no matter what the discussion entails, if it involves technology I love to be a part of it and give my two cents. The only thing I love more than seeing someone enjoying technology is getting new technology, but who doesn't Smiley Tongue

I currently have an iPhone 5 and am very much on team iPhone (it's not bias, I see the individual strengths Android, Windows Phone and Blackberry but I feel that iPhone has always been a step up), and I believe that out of everyone in the entire world I must be one of the few who fully utilise their iPhone (that includes Siri, I use it frequently though many people have felt the "gimmick" has worn). I have owned Windows Phone and while it is a beautiful expereince the lack of notification centre (which is coming in an update soon if not already released) and smaller app store were really what held it back. I have never really had proper hands on time with an Android, I see its short comings when others use it, but temporaily using it in a shop or a friends I will admit isn't a fair comparison, it holds promise but there are things I am skeptical about, things that hold me and other iPhone owners back from investing in an Android, I think it would be amazing to try out an Android and for once and all settle for myself the debate of which is better so that when I talk to others about technology I can give a fairer and more educated response and comparison.

I am more than happy to talk to others about these devices and if I were to access this amazing program I'm sure I would be browsing CrowdSupport and Twitter 18 hours a day (more if I didn't have to sleep). I have a Twitter but not many friends are on it so there is not much reason to use it if no one is out there to listen, but would happily jump back on for Telstra.

Also if I get in, on the second last day (just to make sure it doesn't break on me before I get some serious usage time) I'll be definitely testing out its "water proof" statement, always been tempted to test out those statements but never had hundreds of dollars I was willing to risk, but I'll risk it for you Smiley Happy

Even if I don't get in I want to thank you for reading my pretty long submission, it is appreciated, I've been with Telstra for many years and you have all these Telstra Thanks and then Mobile Insider programmes, and I just want to let you guys know they are great initiatives and to keep up the good work Smiley Happy

calumns

Hi there telstra!

I think I would be a great tester because my lifestyle might be different, and therefore could shift a different light onto the product. I am currently a photographer, but one of my most favorite things to do is mobile photography. Most of the time though it just isnt "taking photos on the fly", i try and switch it up with many different environments, climates and adventures. I also use my phone a lot to contact people, update social medias and get in touch with clients/family.

Instagram: @calumns 

blog: callumdorwardblog.tumblr.com

facebook: fb.com/callumwoodburn

twitter: @calumns

I am a very enthusiatic person, also looking to getting into writing and I love working with new things and love new technology. Thanks A heap!

Sincerely,

Callum

ChristopherL

I think I would be great for the #mobileinsider because I like to test phones lots and love customising them and seeing what they can do, like speed tests (best I've got so far is 102.78Mbps DL and 41Mbps UL) and testing how good cameras are by taking and uploading photos to places like Facebook and Google+ are my main ones as I don't have Twitter or Instagram and sometimes I like to test how good the waterproofing is and the accessories how they work with phones and other devices I really like taking photos and testing the phones speed and how easy it is to use as I have used HTC phones, Samsung phones, iPhones for about a month and with all of those phones I always test and see how well the Telstra Network works on each of these phones so I hope Telstra will chose me for the #mobileinsider program.
I love talking about technology and answering questions others have so that they can learn it for next time and I also love reviewing phones with the honest truth and looking at everything to do with a phone and its accessories I find it enjoyable and entertaining for me so I hope I will be picked for the next Telstra #mobileinsider program I'm also happy to be on Telstra CrowdSupport as much as needed and my other Social Medias which are Facebook and Google+.
Braeden

I would love the chance to be a mobile insider. I use social media very often and love playing around with smart phones etc to see what they can and can't do.

I have been a loyal Telstra customer for over 10 years
Thank you for your time
Alan_Howard

I never used to like Telstra but over the past few years I've become a huge fan. The level of service has drastically, and now I love everything about them. Ok, the flattery bit is over...

I'd really like to become a mobile insider and test the latest phones because I do a bit of travel and offroad, and I'd like to see how they handle the network coverage, smartphone photography and social functionality. I also love playing around with apps and widgets and testing how they look, how they feel, and how they operate. I'm very active with Facebook and Instagram, and love sharing photos that I take with my smartphone (currently a Samsung Galaxy Note 3), as well as sharing articles and opinions on internet and mobile technology. I'm not very active on Twitter, but I still hang in there doing updates every now and again. 

If I'm successful as a mobile insider, I'll certainly be writing about it! And honestly too. And I'll be sharing my updates on my social media profiles, as well as being active in Crowd Support. Come on Telstra, help me to help you!  Smiley Happy

Level 21: Augmented

Whilst maybe not tech savvy as some others, I could review the phones capabilities from a hearing impaired persons point of view, with only 25% hearing capacity on a good day, their are currently very limited, if any android based phones that meet my needs for ringtone and alerts, playing music or videos is always 3-5 times louder than ringtones or alerts 

Telstra customer 15+ yrs, I am not a Telstra employee and never have been

Kudos and thanks welcomed

If I have managed to outsmart myself and give a Solution please mark it as so.
Service Status in your area
Someone asked to check your ping but dont know how
Check all your connected programs
Support Team
Support Team

Hi cretsiah,

The applications have closed for the program, although look out for the next induction. I have a cochlear implant myself , and find it easier to talk on a speaker phone in a quiet room.

Angela 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

tim1954
Level 13: Super Sleuth

I am a phone junkie, I always have the latest handset, I constantly twiddle with settings etc. I pay words with friends, I poke around on the net and exhaust the battery very quickly... I have a fairly good understanding of Android system... My phone (s5) only sleeps when I do ;-) i'd be happy to test any number of phones and happy to give them back too....
Aleisha109

I'd enjoy the opportunity to offer my review of the Sony Z2 mobile phone, as a person who utlises their mobile phone to perform a range of tasks as well as for leisurely activities, I believe that I can provide a valuable, honest and engaging review of the product. 

Thanks

-Aleisha

Igotit

Yes please.... I would love to have the opportunity of being able to use and review phone products.... I have had so many and to be able to pass on the information and uses of what one finds when owning or having or using a phone is so helpful to others..... I am always seeing other people do things and I want to ask them how do you do that and also my children are using their phone in a way that makes their lives easier for work and such things.... I too would love to use those things on phones and pass on the information.....

In particular this would be good for the company that I work with..... dealing in Food, making, selling, ordering, delivering, and so on, and  applications and access to the net and using to communicate with other team members would be awesome and showing and passing all that I learn onto others would also be a beneficial for all including myself of course.

Thank you for the opportunity for having the access to do this.

Looking forward to hearing back from you with positive results

Elizabeth

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now