CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

NETGEAR Nighthawk not powering up

We have a. Netgear Nighthawk M1 which we purchased as part of our data plan. The serial number is 4SC377N10780A. It was purchased from Kadina Telstra shop in 2018. The battery became very swollen. I contacted Kadina Telstra and they told me I had to speak with NETGEAR. After numerous phone calls I was told to search google  online and buy a new battery. I did this and it arrived a week ago. Worked fine now there is no power to the device at all no lights on and no WiFi either. We were told to not leave it plugged in all the time so we unplugged it last night and when we plugged it back in this morning to power it will not work despite other devices working in the power point. Please advise a solution.

regards Jan Crawford

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Re: NETGEAR Nighthawk not powering up

Hi Jan, I do apologise for this inconvenience. Can I confirm that you were unplugging the device before when it was working fine? We do have some troubleshooting steps which may help in this case. They can be found by going to https://tel.st/w7ls2

Please let me know the outcome Jan. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Level 23: Superhero

Re: NETGEAR Nighthawk not powering up

Hello Jan

As Netgear supplied batteries are known to swell, I have operated mine (another Netgear modem)  by removing the battery,  and using the recharge power lead to power it. It has worked this way  for nearly 4 years.  This can be a temporary or permanent solution for you, providing the modem powers up without a battery.

If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 75 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit