CrowdSupport®
Sajal
Level 1: Cadet

How do I change read and write access for a USB drive connected to my Arcadyan gateway?

Answered

I have Telstra Gen2 modem. I have a 1TB HDD attached to the modem which I can access with my TV, Laptop and mobiles. No issue there. Problem is I can not add or remove files from HDD while it is attached to the modem. Is there anyway to enable write and delete permission through modem settings? [I understand the security issue, I still want that option for convenience]

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: How do I change read and write access for a USB drive connected to my Arcadyan gateway?

The Bubble app uses DLNA so you will not be able to edit files on the Android device and TV. You need a app such as ES File explorer which uses SMB.

On the PC have you enabled SMB1.0 (Turn Windows Features on or off)?

File_Sharing_Support.JPG

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3

Re: How do I change read and write access for a USB drive connected to my Arcadyan gateway?

Are you accessing the files on the PC using File explorer using SMB1.0 or are you using a media app such as VLC or Windows Media Player using DLNA?

Sajal
Level 1: Cadet

I am using file explorer on my laptop. I use BubbleUpnp app for my android phone and Sumsung TV Detect the HDD automatically. As I mentioned earlier, no issue accessing file or device. Trying to find out a way to get write and delete privilege but no luck so far.   Screenshot_29.jpg

Accepted Solution

The Bubble app uses DLNA so you will not be able to edit files on the Android device and TV. You need a app such as ES File explorer which uses SMB.

On the PC have you enabled SMB1.0 (Turn Windows Features on or off)?

File_Sharing_Support.JPG

Telstra 24x7®

Locate SIM enabled tablets and phones using our Telstra Locator in the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now