This thread is now archived and closed to new comments. Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question please post a new topic.
How to use WPS to pair a Smart Home Camera to a Netgear Nighthawk® M1 Router
You are able to pair your Smart Home camera to the NETGEAR Nighthawk® M1 router through WPS. To do so, you’ll need to log into your Nighthawk via the Netgear web portal. Please follow the steps below to complete the process.
From the Smart Home app, navigate to the camera pairing page (Settings->My Devices->Add Devices->Add Camera. Select either Indoor Camera or Outdoor Camera). Leave the app on this page while you get the camera and Nighthawk ready.
2. Ensure your camera is ready to pair (plugged into power and positioned less than 5 metres from your Nighthawk). You do not need to plug the camera into the Nighthawk.
3. From your PC or mobile device, connect to the Nighthawk’s Wi-Fi network.
4. At the login screen, enter the router user name and password. The default user name is admin and the default password is admin. Both are case sensitive. Click ‘Sign In’
5. From the Home Screen, choose the Settings tab from the top, and then select Setup and Wireless.
6. In your browser, click the WPS button for the 2.4 GHz; on the dialog box, click WPS button pairing. A 2 minute countdown will begin.
7. On your camera, tap the button on the back of your camera. (Do not press and hold the button, just 1 second is enough). If you are pairing an indoor camera, the rightmost light on the front will begin to flash. If you are pairing an outdoor camera, the Network light on the back of the camera will begin to flash.
8. In the Smart Home App, tap Next.
The Smart Home app will show the status of ‘Connecting to Camera’, and then ‘Configuring Camera’. If you’ve successfully paired the camera, the left two lights will be solid green (indoor camera); or both lights on the back will be solid green (outdoor camera).
If you receive an error in the app, confirm:
On the Nighthawk settings, ensure you’ve selected WPS on the 2.4GHz network, not the 5GHz network.
Ensure you’ve chosen ‘WPS button pairing’, not ‘Enter WPS PIN’.
Ensure you’ve completed all three steps (pressing your camera’s WPS button, selecting ‘next’ in the app, and pressing WPS in browser) within two minutes of each other.