mattcooper
Level 6: Bloodhound

Selling Smart Home Devices

Hey!

My contract ends soon for my Smart Home "Cant wait". Im looking at selling everything but need to no if these devices can be deregistered from my account? Ive got sensors/cameras etc.

Thanks

Matt

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Selling Smart Home Devices

They can be taken off your account, however used kits technically can't be used by someone else (Kits are put on the account by the Telstra Store/phone sales/backend team responsible for online sales at the time of sale which is what allows you to log in with a Telstra ID to use them). There is also still the monthly service charge for the system to continue to work which would still need to be paid.

That's also why any you find on eBay, Gumtree, etc are basically scams as they are only legitimately sold by official vendors that have the capacity to put it on a Telstra account.

It is a legitimate question though. As early adopter contract periods will be ending soon I'll get a definitive answer as to what is going to happen in these types of cases
I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale
mattcooper

Hey hey!
I’m happy to throw the hub in the bin, but in regards to the sensors can they not be re linked to another person ?

The individual devices can if they're factory reset Smiley Happy provided of course the person trying to use them has an active smart home service

I was referring to the kit as a whole. In hindsight I should of clarified that a bit better
I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

mattcooper

awesome thanks!

Thanks for all your help over the past two years! its been a road of highs and lows but your def an asset to Telstra, I've moved on to some new products that are actually location aware! ah its like heaven, system arms itself when the mobile device leaves the house ;-)

Matt

No worries @mattcooper

The hue drama was certainly an interesting one Smiley Happy

Just to let you know i've brought up legitimately selling the smart home as a whole after a contract rend and there's discussions going on about how to handle those situations

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more