CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
TimothyD
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra Smart Home Camera Installation Issue

Answered

I have recently received a Telstra Smart Home kit but seem to be having issues with the 4th camera installation. So I have successfully install 3 other cameras (2 internal and 1 external) which are working fine and also 3 window/door sensors which are good.

But seem to be having issues with the last/4th external camera.

I have tried over successive days to install via wireless when camera/gateway/Home Hub/mobile phone with installation application within 3 feet of each other without success.

I have tried the usb cable supplied with kit by connecting it to a cat5 cable directly plugged into the modem/router (Telstra Fast 5355 device) with no success.

When I check out the router/gateway (Telstra Fast 5355 device) the device does not come up in the list of devices for wireless or wired connections currently attached.

But if I do an arp -a command on laptop attached via ethernet cable to the router/gateway (Telstra Fast 5355 device) and can confirm that the mac address of the camera has an ip address. Which when pinging the ip address the camera replies to the ping.

How can I resolve the setup issues for the installation of the external camera.

Regards

Tim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra Smart Home Camera Installation Issue

Hi @TimothyD,

Happy to help get your camera online. 

Can you factory reset your camera and also power cycle your modem?  To factory reset your camera hold down the WPS button for over 15 seconds and release, the two red lights on the front will turn on and off and the camera will restart.  

Once done please open the app and try and add the camera via WPS.  

If you run into any problems please let me know.

Regards,

Nathan 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Hi @TimothyD,

Happy to help get your camera online. 

Can you factory reset your camera and also power cycle your modem?  To factory reset your camera hold down the WPS button for over 15 seconds and release, the two red lights on the front will turn on and off and the camera will restart.  

Once done please open the app and try and add the camera via WPS.  

If you run into any problems please let me know.

Regards,

Nathan 

TimothyD
Level 2: Rookie

Nathan,

Thankyou very much for the tips/advice/help. 

It worked and everything is up and running.

Regards

Tim

Morgan101
Level 1: Cadet

how come when i try to do it, it wont let me and my net is not letting me connect to my mobile phone

Telstra 24x7®

Locate SIM enabled tablets and phones using our Telstra Locator in the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now