Where customers answer questions and share ideas about our products and services

New Contributor
0 Kudos

Re: Handset updates - 18 July

Looks like the S4 update isn't coming... 

has anyone received the update yet?

Poor form Telstra

New Contributor
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Dissapointed, no OTA  update for Blackberry 10 MR, not even a peep..Smiley Frustrated

Regular Visitor
0 Kudos

Do you reckon we'd have any issues with inserting an Optus SIM and getting their version? Or is the OS tailored/optimised for Telstra's network? So tempted...

Support Team
0 Kudos

Heya mattsfk,

Welcome to CrowdSupport. Smiley Happy

The updates are tailored to the Telstra network, and whilst it would work with another provider's sim, the functionality inbuilt within the update would not be there.

Hope this helps.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Regular Visitor
0 Kudos

Renee wrote:

Heya mattsfk,

Welcome to CrowdSupport. Smiley Happy

The updates are tailored to the Telstra network, and whilst it would work with another provider's sim, the functionality inbuilt within the update would not be there.

Hope this helps.

So when praytell can we expect to hear updates on the status of the Telstra release? Smiley Happy

Community Manager
0 Kudos

Once there is further information on the expected date of a release the top of this thread will be updated to include the new info.

- Tim

Tim

New Contributor
0 Kudos

My z10 and my colleagues z20 pn Optus is the same, nothing special in so far as functionality. He had his new o's. Me, still on. 273. With Telstra. So what are the differences, besides being last across the line.
New Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry there is a difference, Mine continually reboots, his doesn't, hence my eagerness to get it upgraded. .
Occasional Contributor
0 Kudos

Still no update for my HTC Titan 4g, 1 month plus and still counting, when am I going to get it ????? Does anyone at telstra know what is happening with the rollout ?????
Occasional Contributor
0 Kudos

Just like Tim Bartel blew us off with... er , I mean said:

They'll give us updates when they've got something to update us with...

How to treat your customers like dirt eh Telstra? Oh well, i guess you guys console yourselves with the fact that the US telco's are still worse...

nothing new here. the reason I buy outright and will NEVER get a Telstra bloated, sorry I mean "branded" handset again.

Occasional Contributor
0 Kudos

What more can they do other than update customers when they know more? Do you expect them to post here everyday that's there's no new news?
Talk about ungrateful and expecting everything when you're ready, not the product.
It's up to the manufacturers to release the branded software after they get it from the telcos with their addons.
Are Telstra chasing it up, or just waiting to hear more? That's the question.
Regular Visitor
0 Kudos

Waughy wrote:
What more can they do other than update customers when they know more? Do you expect them to post here everyday that's there's no new news?
Talk about ungrateful and expecting everything when you're ready, not the product.
It's up to the manufacturers to release the branded software after they get it from the telcos with their addons.
Are Telstra chasing it up, or just waiting to hear more? That's the question.

Well that's the whole issue isn't it? Reticence on Telstra's part to assure their customers that they're following up on updates. Rather than a non-response (i.e. cop out), a show of proactivity or honest "we aren't sure" would suffice.

There may be extenuating circumstances that the Crowdsupport team aren't within scope to influence, but the silence is deafening and an honest answer would be preferable to keeping consumers in the dark.

Community Manager
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

G'day mattsfk,

I appreciate your feedback however you can find all our most recent information on updates here and the page is updated regularly when there's more information to share. 

Apologise if this causes any inconvenience Smiley Sad

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

Valued Contributor

Why arent the posts that state that updates will be done weekly removed?
Community Manager
0 Kudos

Thanks for that feedback beetle84 I've passed this on to our community managers 

Occasional Contributor
0 Kudos

@Waughy

With all due repsect mate (actually, none at all - I don't know you from a bar of soap), don't presume to call me ungrateful, when, as a previous Telstra handset user, I've had years of excuses and foot dragging from a team that can't even be bothered sticking to their own promises and commitments wrt handset updates, let alone the promises they make to regularly update this thread (somone on holidays again? - that's one of the excuses they've served up in the past).

The "blame game" that Telco's use as an excuse for delaying firmware/software updates is old hat and doesn't wash when they repeatedly pass off responsibility for delays on the OEM, when the OEM releases builds to the Telco's months in advance and then wait for months more before receiving it back with bloatware and "optimisations"..

When you've actually been involved in the process and know just who IS responsible, then you should speak...

Occasional Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, so the comment was a generalisation, not directed at you personally, or anyone in particular. I'm seeing it more and more everyday where people are expecting to get things on demand and anything less is unacceptable. I apologise if you got upset, and I'm not phased about having your respect or not, my life goes on the same either way.
I haven't actually been involved in the process, but have a good idea how it works. You've spelled out it's a back and forth thing with T and the OEM for each phone. I agree it's slow and hardly worth the wait for the extra crap we get (the reason I'm using an unbranded firmware). But whinging and jumping up and down won't move things faster, it's been proven a fair bit here and many other places. End of this discussion for me.

To stick with the topic, the S4 unbranded, optus and vodafone firmwares are being uploaded now, hopefully Telstra won't be too far behind for those waiting.
Occasional Contributor
0 Kudos

HTC TITAN AKA RADIANT 7.8 UPDATE STILL NOT AVAILABLE VIA ZUNE!!!! WTF???

Support Team
0 Kudos

Heya Keif,

Appreciate your frustration, I can assure you that should we get further information on the HTC Titan Update, we will provide it within our Device Updates thread.

Occasional Contributor
0 Kudos

Renee,
I contacted HTC regarding my Titan 4g update and they informed me I should already have my update acording to my IMEI number, They have given me a place to go get it fixed but as it is 1 half hours away it is not very easy for me to get it fixed. I think this seems to be a bigger issue with more then just a few phones, and from my experience telstra are not providing very good service for customers regarding phone update problems. I have contacted telstra help department and could never get any assistance for a month after the update was noted as released. I feel these are helpful comments to why you customers get peaved over lack of information and help.
Occasional Visitor
0 Kudos

Any news on 4.3 for the Samsung S4?

Occasional Contributor
0 Kudos

Samsung released the update in australia a couple of weeks ago, 

i have noticed that both Optus and Vodafone in australia have both released the update for their customers.

if you want proof check the Sammobile website for all current firmwares

http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/

Telstra i am really disapointed on your behalf, as the countrys leading telco i would have expected you to be one of the

first to release this firmware. or even at the very least give you PAYING customers some information and feedback as to what is going on. in all honesty you would have to be one of the last telcos in the entirity of the world to get this update to its

customers. you have failed your customers on this one!!!!!

Community Manager
0 Kudos

Hi mrenik,

This is currently in it's first round of testing. You can view the latest update thread here http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Device-Updates/Handset-Software-Updates-4-12-2013/td-p/213715

When a new update is released we test it first to ensure it's optimised for our network.

This sometimes means changes need to be made & further testing done before we release the update.