Where customers answer questions and share ideas about our products and services

Telstra Products & Services Team
0 Kudos

Software Updates - 07/05/2015

[ Edited ]

Manufacturer

Device

Os

Os Version

Type

Status

Current/Expected Deployment

Blackberry
Q10
Blackberry
Blackberry OS 10.3
Platform update
Scheduling
TBA
  Due to issues identified in testing Blackberry have submitted a new FW version for testing based on BB OS 10.3. Updated submission received 20 March however Telstra resource constraints are still delaying test start
Blackberry
Z10
Blackberry
Blackberry OS 10.3
Platform update
Scheduling
TBA
  Due to issues identified in testing Blackberry have submitted a new FW version for testing based on BB OS 10.3. Updated submission received 20 March however Telstra resource constraints are still delaying test start
Blackberry
Z30
Blackberry
Blackberry OS 10.3
Platform update
Scheduling
TBA
HTC
One
Android
Lollipop 5
Platform update
Now deploying
29-Apr-15
  Approved 28 April
HTC
One M8
Android
Lollipop 5
Platform update
Now deploying
20-Apr-15
  Approved 17 April
Motorola Mobility
RAZR M
Android
Kit Kat 4.4.2
Platform update
Testing
TBA
  New test submission received 2 November however upon evaluation submission was found to be missing key components required to commence testing. The remaining components were received 14 November and testing has commenced as @ 17 November, however two "showstopper" issues have been identified. These issues are currently still under discussion betwreen Motorola and Telstra
Nokia
Lumia 530
Windows Phone
8.1 Update (Denim)
Bugfix only
Approved - waiting for deployment
18-May-15
  Approved 5 May
Samsung
Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition
Android
Kit Kat 4.4
Bugfix only
Scheduling
TBA
  Kitkat MR is being prepared which addresses MIMO, no ETA on submission from vendor
Samsung
Galaxy Note 2 4G
Android
Kit Kat 4.4.2
Platform update
Now deploying
24-Apr-15
  Test submission received 20 February however a new issue was identified which required a new FW submission to resolve. Updated submission received 10 April and approved 22 April.
Samsung
Galaxy Note 3
Android
Kit Kat 4.4.2
Bugfix only
Testing
TBA
  Samsung have retracted the test submission to an issue identified in their QA testing
Samsung
Galaxy S2 4G
Android
Gingerbread 2.3
Bugfix only
Testing
TBA
  Due to an issue identified in testing a new version is required. Samsung have slipped submission to a date TBC
Samsung
Galaxy S4
Android
Kit Kat 4.4.2
Platform update
Now deploying
14-Apr-15
  Approved 31 March
Samsung
Galaxy S4 mini 4G
Android
Kit Kat 4.4.2
Platform update
Testing
TBA
  Updated test submission received 27 March however a new   issue has been identified that will require a new FW submission to resolve.
Samsung
Galaxy S6
Android
Lollipop 5
Bugfix only
Testing
25-May-15
  -
Samsung
Galaxy S6 edge
Android
Lollipop 5
Bugfix only
Testing
25-May-15
  -
Samsung
Galaxy Tab 3 8 inch
Unknown
N/A
Bugfix only
Scheduling
TBA
  MR to address open SSL issues, Samsung ETA submission in May
Samsung
Note 10.1
Android
Kit Kat 4.4
Bugfix only
Scheduling
28-July-15
  Upgrade to KitKat and also addresses open SSL. Samsung aiming for submission late Q2 2015.
Samsung
Tab S
Android
Lollipop 5
Bugfix only
Scheduling
28-July-15
  Android Lollipop upgrade. Samsung target submission is late Q2 (May/June).
Sony
Xperia Z
Android
Lollipop 5.1
Platform update
Scheduling
10-Aug-15
  Test submission received 1 May although a showstopper issue has been identified. New submission based on Android 5.1 expected 10 July
Sony
Xperia Z1
Android
Lollipop 5.1
Platform update
Scheduling
10-Aug-15
  Test submission received 1 May although a showstopper issue has been identified. New submission based on Android 5.1 expected 10 July
Sony
Xperia Z1 Compact
Android
Lollipop 5.1
Platform update
Scheduling
10-Aug-15
Sony
Xperia Z2
Android
Lollipop 5
Platform update
18-May-15
  Approved 5 May
Sony
Xperia Z3
Android
Lollipop 5
Platform update
18-May-15
  Approved 5 May
Sony
Xperia Z3 Compact
Android
Lollipop 5
Platform update
18-May-15
  Approved 5 May

Device Updates – Important Info & Terminology
Occasional Collector
0 Kudos

Re: Software Updates - 07/05/2015

Sony xperia Z2, approved but no released. Please explain.
Community Manager

@thekester Telstra tests the updates and approves them, we don't manage deployment. Once approved the software is deployed by the manufacturer. The time it takes to be rolled out can vary depending on a number of reasons but often it is just simply waiting for a window in their deployment schedule.

Also note that it is typical for updates to be rolled out in waves rather than all at once to ensure network/server stability.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

New Contributor

And yet again Telstra ignore the Samsung SG5 handset. When are you going to release a Lollipop update?
Super Contributor
0 Kudos

@DanK the whole note 3 debacle is becoming even more of a joke. Optus and Vodafone released the fix on Australia day and Telstra is claiming that Samsung pulled it. If that's the case why didn't they find this issue before it was released to them Or better yet release a new fix for this supposed issue
Frequent Visitor
0 Kudos

thekester wrote:
Sony xperia Z2, approved but not released. Please explain.

if you are that keen, install flashtool, download the firmware (the telstra one is available now - just checked) flash it yourself!

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am writing to propose that Telstra carry out a welfare check on TimBartel - I want to make sure that Tim is not unaccounted for or otherwise in difficulty.

The reason I ask is that over a week ago, Tim posted this response to a question I asked in the "23/04/2015 updates" thread, being - How is it that some Telstra Blackberry customers have received updates pushed to their phones without any user intervention, yet others have not:

"Hi br14nh,

I couldn't say how some users have managed to get their hands on an update we have not yet officially release. But people finding work arounds for this kind of thing is not unheard of on the internet - especially on websites like Crackberry. With that said we definitely do not recommend going ahead and tracking down a software update that we've not yet fully tested and approved for compatibility with our network. 

As for having received it through official pushes through to their handsets seemingly from Telstra, I will need to follow this up for you.

Leave it with me and I'll be in touch once I've confirmation on how and/or why this has happened.

Cheers,"...... 

I've bolded the relevant sections of the post, just for clarity - It seems that it should be easy enough to find out the requested information  - I believe I've already come up with an answer, and I don't have the massive resources available to me that Telstra would obviously be using to support Tim - yet no reply or contact has been forthcoming.

I can only suppose that Tim has met with an unforseen and hopefully not unfortunate delay.   Of course, an official answer would be nice too, but let's get our priorities in order here - a person's wellbeing must come first.

Please do let us know that Tim is indeed in good health.

New Contributor
0 Kudos

Xperia Z3 firmware is rolling out now. I just recieved it. Thanks Smiley Happy
If my reply is helpful or insightful please give me a Kudo.

If I have solved your problem please mark my answer as solved, Helps myself and the community.

Thanks

Mooglesmuggler
New Contributor
0 Kudos

Z2 Update now rolling out too Smiley Happy just downloading now

Community Manager

@brettedwards75 sorry I don't have any details on a Samsung Galaxy S5 update. I will ask the testing team if there is any news and update the table accordingly if details are available.

@BenjiC what other providers do is not something that I can comment on. I can ask the testing team for more info and see if there is any additional detail that can be provided.

@br14nh oh no, I can assure you that young @TimBartel is fine. Apologies for the lack of follow up. Telstra has definitely not tested or approved this update so customers that purchased BB devices from us would not get the update presented to them.

Handsets purchased from third party suppliers get updates direct from the manufacturer so its possible these customers did not buy from us direct or alternatively, as previously suggested, might have manually updated their handset (we do not advise doing this without speaking to the manufacturer as it may affect warranty).

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

0 Kudos

Z3C rolled out yesterday, I updated it last night. Seems nice and stable so worth the wait I guess hopefully not too long before we get 5.1.

It seems to address a few quirks it had on 4.4 namely the volume issue for notifications, got a SMS this morning and it nearly blew my ears off, no more missing messages!

Established Member
0 Kudos

Even though it's not mentioned anywhere, the Z2 tablet update (for Telstra purchased Z2 4G tablets) has also rolled out.

Cheers

Dan

Super Contributor
0 Kudos

@DanK that would be awesome but in saying that I'm running the Polish 5.0 and have better coverage then I did with Telstra kitkat. So I probably wouldn't go back to a telstra variant unless for warranty issue
New Contributor

Galaxy S5? (SM-G900I)

Unless I am blind I cannot see on this list. Are you pushing us towards the s6? Two year contract. When is 5.0 due??? 5.1 about to hit elsewhere

Contributor
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

For those that can't wait, the Sony Z3 software has been updated to 23.1.A.0.726 - which is the same release version as Optus and Vodafone.

You can get it now via XperiFirm.

Capture.PNG

It's also quite bigger than the next version that is currently being pushed out to Hong Kong based handsets and fixes a number of issues in the 23.1.A.0.726 release.

Capture1.PNG

That leaves the current release list by region for the D6653 at:

Capture2.PNG

So we're only two builds behind again.... Smiley Wink

New Contributor

Both Optus and Vodafone have already tested and released Lollipop for the Galaxy Note 4 however Telstra claims they haven't even received it yet from Samsung? What kind of service is that Telstra?!

Trusted Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ya

I have an Xperia Z1 and I wont be rushing into upgrading my software to Lollipop 5.0 though I see Sony are intending releasing Lollipop 5.1 for the Xperia phones.

Here's an article regarding problems with Lollipop 5.0.

How To Go Back To KitKat 4.4. From Android 5.0 Lollipop Problems: Downgrade Your Samsung Galaxy, HTC, Nexus Or LG Smartphone

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/50401/20150502/more-users-report-continuing-android-5-0-lollipop-p...

Cheers

Occasional Visitor
0 Kudos

I also wonder about the note 4 we need more info
Visitor
0 Kudos

Just installed 5.02 lollipop for z2 from Telstra and Sony. My device is Telstra branded and received the notification for update. Lollipop is bloody awesome on z2. Anyone else get it as I thought it wasn't due til 18 may
New Contributor
0 Kudos

Plz provide some more information about razr m. Because 17 November: "17 November, however two "showstopper" issues have been identified. These issues are currently still under discussion betwreen Motorola and Telstra" was way too long ago.

Visitor
0 Kudos

I've had no problems with lollipop at all.
New Contributor
0 Kudos

Why is there STILL no update for Samsung S5 and why is it not even mentioned on the list???

Support Team
0 Kudos

Hi jessicaconna,

I'm sorry I have nothing to share regarding this update. As soon as we have information to share the list will be updated.

Angela 

New Contributor
0 Kudos

Well that isn't very helpful. Seems nobody at Telstra knows.
Support Team
0 Kudos

I'm sorry, the truth is if we had information to share it would be listed here. At this stage we are both in the dark. 

Keep an eye out on this page as this is where it will be released first 

Angela 

Collector
0 Kudos

RAZR M

"New test submission received 2 November however upon evaluation submission was found to be missing key components required to commence testing. The remaining components were received 14 November and testing has commenced as @ 17 November, however two "showstopper" issues have been identified. These issues are currently still under discussion betwreen Motorola and Telstra"

After 6 months, how is the disussion going between Motorola and Telstra?

Thanks

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I was just wondering if there is any information on when Lollipop will be available for the Galaxy Note 4, as it isn't even on the list?!

Thanks!

Support Team
0 Kudos

Hi tkaye1310,

We don't have any word on when the Note 4 will get that update, but when we do know it will be posted on this Device Updates board.

Occasional Contributor
0 Kudos

What? 6 months have passed, and you still haven't upgraded your phone? Smiley Happy

New Contributor
0 Kudos

I wrote previously but maybe it did not get thru.  A confirmation of this message - from a retired person with 40 years loyalty to Telstra - would be much appreciated.

I read CraigR's Hardware Software Update for 03/03/2015.  It said the Lollipop 5.0 update for the LG G3 (D855K) was 'now deploying' (23-Feb). I can't find anymore Telstra information on the LG G3 update process after that.

Today I have the ordered LG G3 smart phone at the Lismore NSW Telstra store.  I have a LG GPad 8.3 tablet which works perfectly. 

Today the sales staff member at Lismore and I successfully downloaded Lollipop 5.0 to their demo G3 model in the shop. It seemed to be working.

However, essentially as a lay person with smart phones, I have seen many reports on the web about Lollipop 5.0 having many bugs and battery problems etc.

My preferred plan is to keep operating my G3 on the Kit Kat 4.4.2 that it comes out of the box with <and> then wait for Lollipop 5.1 to become available for this Telstra LG G3 - thru the normal Google updates of Lollipop.

The sales person showed me Lollipop 5.0.2 runing on a Samsung 6 - which I was told is 'bug free compared with Lollipop 5.0.'

Simple question:  If I wait patiently - while running the G3 on Kit Kat - will the notification from Google (or LG, Telstra?) of 'upadate available' on the LG G3 eventually say 'Update 5.0.2' or better still 'Update 5.1 available.

I really would like a clear answer from Telstra my plan please.

Many thanks

Mel Henderson

0 Kudos

I have a Samsung S4 mini any idea on the date for update.
Super Contributor
0 Kudos

@MelandGS unfortunately you won't get an official reply from Telstra on here as this is a crowdsupport forum which is for Telstra customers to help Telstra customers.

If you are after an official response from Telstra you're best to speak to the store and have them go through their contacts to get an official response from higher up. This forum is not used by Telstra to officially respond to these types of requests.
Support Team
0 Kudos

Hi Mickb83, we do respond where we can where the query falls within our support boundaries Smiley Happy however not all enquiries will need a reply from us directly. 

MelandGS I'm happy to have our Mobile expert provide a response tomorrow Smiley Happy

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you Mickb83 for your comment.

Thank you Cas_Telstra for your kind offer. No one in the 2 Telstra Shops in this area could answer my question. I did not get anything useful from a Telstra (friendly) Phillipines? 'Technical support' operator either.

I would be very grateful if you could get my query answered by an Australia-based Android Lollipop / LG G3 specialist at Telstra.  Hopefully my plan (above) is going to work.

The MelandGS stands for 'MelandGrandson.' I am still trying to hang in with the Digital World of the Young. It's fun. I am also still 'getting the hang' of this CrowdSupport site,

Mel Henderson (70+)

* For the person you forward my query to - if they don't answer here in this forum

- (removed email for privacy) /or/ they will have my mobile number in my A/C details.

Support Team
0 Kudos

No worries Mel, you're doing great! We'll respond right here on the forum thread Smiley Wink

New Contributor
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I recieved the update Monday night, for my Z2 tablet, OTA. And i'm with Telstra. It looks good so far, but i dislike the blue bar at the top. Give me the good old blackie.Smiley Wink I'm currently moving apps to my SD card, which so far is a good idea as i was running out of internal space.

Time will tell.

Regards,

Andrew.

Valued Contributor
0 Kudos

Got a 250 meg update for my S6 yesterday...bit faster now i reckon. I got it outright from Samsung Australia.
0 Kudos

Hi Telstra,

I baught a samsung galaxy s5 from you on a plan last year.... Lollipop 5.1 is already out and yet you have delayed, and delayed, and delayed its release to my phone..... you keep saying that it is under 'testing' yet this has gone on since november 2014. This is not OK. 

Considering you are all for with holding updates to my phone whilst I pay for it, I've decided that my monthly payments are also 'under testing' and will be released at the same time as the new software updates. All good? We in agreement that whilst you sit on your asses and delay services to us we can do the same with payments?

Contributor
0 Kudos

Dsmusci wrote:

Hi Telstra,

I baught a samsung galaxy s5 from you on a plan last year.... Lollipop 5.1 is already out and yet you have delayed, and delayed, and delayed its release to my phone..... you keep saying that it is under 'testing' yet this has gone on since november 2014. This is not OK. 

Considering you are all for with holding updates to my phone whilst I pay for it, I've decided that my monthly payments are also 'under testing' and will be released at the same time as the new software updates. All good? We in agreement that whilst you sit on your asses and delay services to us we can do the same with payments?

there hasnt been any SGS5 Updates from Telstra at all AFAIK. the problem is Samsung there the ones that have to release Firmware updates to Telstra or Optus or any other telco so they can deploy them . go an abuse Samsung.

0 Kudos

http://www.android.gs/android-5-0-lollipop-update-for-samsung-galaxy-s5-galaxy-note-4-galaxy-s4-and-...

SAmsung released the software in Feb..... So I think I'll continue to abuse Telstra

New Contributor
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

@CraigR why has there been no further update on the RAZR M? Could you specifiy the 2 show stopper issues?

0 Kudos

Any word on the Lollipop upgrade for the Note 4?
Contributor
0 Kudos

My Motorola Defy still hasn't received a Lollipop update ......

Visitor
0 Kudos

Use "Black Theme". Works good for me with the black notification bar.

Regards,
FF
Frequent Visitor
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

My Galaxy S6 received a surprise update last night - now running 5.0.2

2 weeks earlier than expected Telstra, I'm shocked!

Contributor
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Dsmusci wrote:

http://www.android.gs/android-5-0-lollipop-update-for-samsung-galaxy-s5-galaxy-note-4-galaxy-s4-and-...

SAmsung released the software in Feb..... So I think I'll continue to abuse Telstra

did you bother to look at what Country Samsung have released the update to? NO. as i said, go an look at www.sammobile.com at what country(s) may have the update. abusing Telstra is only gonna get ya banned from this forum.

as noted on this page http://www.android.gs/samsung-galaxy-s5-android-5-0-lollipop-extends-to-users-in-australia/

Samsung is continuing with the Android 5.0 Lollipop update for its flagship Galaxy S5. The update for the S5 was rolled out first in December last year for users in Poland and has been expanding to more regions steadily. The latest region to receive the Android 5.0 Lollipop update happens to be Australia. The update is so far only available for a few users

who thosse Few Users are i dont know, but i got SGS4 an i couldnt care about Lollipop, be thankfull your phone still works

Super Contributor
0 Kudos

@Greg 18 the article states it's been released in Australia to some people yet there is nothing on sammobile
Contributor
0 Kudos

BenjiC wrote:
@Greg 18 the article states it's been released in Australia to some people yet there is nothing on sammobile

yeah i havent seen anytrhing there either. but im not to worried about Lollipop as my Phone does everything i need it to do now.

0 Kudos

Well good for you that you dont care when lollipop comes out, very big of you.

As for the 'few users' It may just be coincidental that I seem to know many of them....but who knows maybe all the people I know are just super lucky and they are the only people in australia who have it.

Ahhh no, I wont 'be thankful my phone still works', I have had it for just over a year, I expect it to work for a very long time and if it doesnt then I expect it to be replaced.... As long as I pay a full bill, I expect an up to date service and system maintenance.

So Im guessing you are part of the HR team which works for Telstra and posts on these sights annonimously... please tell your IT department to hurry up and do their job or just release the software to us