Highlighted
bradgill
Level 2: Rookie

Can't program my Foxtel Remote (Phillips)

Answered

Hi

I recently signed up to receive Foxtel through Telstra, and whilst searching your website, noticed & downloaded the User Manual for my IQHD Remote Control. In the manual, it refers to being able to set up the remote as a Universal Remote, so I can also program it to operate my TV & Blu-Ray player.

Unfortunately I was very disappointed to discover that when I tried all of the steps to get this working, none of them worked! I tried using the code for my Samsung TV, also the 'search' function, and lastly the manual  'learning' function. None of them worked - after entering the appropriate code, I only get a single flash of the Remote's red LED light, not the promised 'double-flash'.

After extensively searching the web for reasons why, I finally came across a post in one of the Whirlpool forums which suggested that you can only program your Foxtel remote if it is a "Universal Electronics" brand, not a Phillips one. I checked mine & it is indeed a Phillips one, which I guess means cant be programmed?

I am extremely disappointed about this - it is blatantly false advertising; why would you have a large part of the manual which is downloadable from your own website, laying out pages of info on how to program your Remote, when you already know you have given me one on which it is impossible to do so?

I would like my Phillips remote replaced with one of the Universal ones - I think it is the least you can do for a new customer, especially as the manual from your website quite plainly says I should be able to program my Foxtel Remote as a universal one.

After speaking to a few people, they all have said they managed to get one of the Universal Electronics remotes after complaining about the lack of functionality of the Phillips one.

I would much appreciate it if you could reply to this email ASAP, letting me know the best way I can get this resolved - if need be I can drop my remotes (I have 2) off to a shop to get swapped (obviously I cant go without a remote waiting to get one posted back to me), but as long as I get the proper Remote I'll be happy to not pursue this any further.

I look forward to hearing from you soon

Regards

Brad Gill

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Can't program my Foxtel Remote (Phillips)

Hi Brad,

CrowdSupport is a Community Discussion Forum, where Telstra Customers can come together to resolve common issues.

As it appears your trying to contact someone directly at Telstra, I would encourage you to connect via LiveChat (https://livechat.telstra.com/TCOM:UnknownSmiley Very Happyefault ) or contact 13 22 00 and say "Foxtel" at the prompt.

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Hi Brad,

CrowdSupport is a Community Discussion Forum, where Telstra Customers can come together to resolve common issues.

As it appears your trying to contact someone directly at Telstra, I would encourage you to connect via LiveChat (https://livechat.telstra.com/TCOM:UnknownSmiley Very Happyefault ) or contact 13 22 00 and say "Foxtel" at the prompt.

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Level 23: Superhero

Foxtel do also say:

* Disclaimer: Learning feature not available on all iQHD remotes

So it's not 'false advertising' as you claim.

I would suggest your best bet is to contact technical support for your Foxtel connection who might be able to help you out, assuming you are reasonable in your requests.
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
bradgill
Level 2: Rookie

No worries, thanks for that.

Maybe not false advertising, then, but certainly extremely misleading, as all new customers I assume get these remotes which can't be programmed...

Ta for your advice guys, I'll call Foxtel direct.

cliffjumperkerr
Level 1: Cadet

How did this resolve? I have the same problem and have been going crazy trying to "program" this "learning remote" only to find it's a Phillips brand like you said. Did you manage to obtain a learning remote??

User603
Level 1: Cadet

I have the same problem. Who do you contact to get a new programmable remote?

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now