CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
nickstraya
Level 2: Rookie

Cannot Redeem Foxtel Now 12 month Subscription

Answered

Hi,

This is really frustrating. Whenever I try to redeem Foxtel now subscription from my Offers. I get a blank screen.

https://hub.telstra.com.au/foxtelnow/cd8c4e59-758a-4efd-a7bb-1201bf8c0606.html?device=desktop&browse...

I tried with all browsers (Talked to Foxtel Support, Telstra Support, Technical Support)

The Browser console says:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)      https://hub.telstra.com.au/foxtelnow/cd8c4e59-758a-4efd-a7bb-1201bf8c0606/content/loader.html

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Cannot Redeem Foxtel Now 12 month Subscription

Yes, there is a known issue. Unfortunately we do not know when it will be resolved. Hopefully soon.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Hi nickstraya

As Jupiter has mentioned, this error is something we are investigating and hope to have an update soon

If trying to redeem via the Telstra TV App, force close it before checking for any software updates and trying again. It may be relevant to clear your history/cache/cookies on your browser (whether this is on your mobile, tablet or laptop computer) before opening and logging in to http://hub.telstra.com.au/offers in your chosen internet browser.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
43 REPLIES 43
Accepted Solution

Yes, there is a known issue. Unfortunately we do not know when it will be resolved. Hopefully soon.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Hi nickstraya

As Jupiter has mentioned, this error is something we are investigating and hope to have an update soon

If trying to redeem via the Telstra TV App, force close it before checking for any software updates and trying again. It may be relevant to clear your history/cache/cookies on your browser (whether this is on your mobile, tablet or laptop computer) before opening and logging in to http://hub.telstra.com.au/offers in your chosen internet browser.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Ring8
Level 1: Cadet

The Foxtel now offer does not come up in the 'My Offers' section of the Telstra TV app. I was told when I signed up for a new plan that I've have access to the Foxtel Now offer. Can you let me know how I can access the offer. 

Support Team
Support Team

Hi Ring8

We have a couple ways you can redeem the offer, which can be found at https://www.telstra.com.au/tv-movies-music/foxtelnow#redeem. Have you tried all these methods?

shify

Hi I just got my wife a new mobile that comes with 12 months of foxtel now but by the time Telstra get it working the offer would have finished. This is typical of Telstra to offer something that won't work I have been with them for over 20 years and nothing ever goes smoothly with them. Does anybody have a fix for the foxtel now issue I have tried setting it up on her mobile and through the Telstra tv box but nothing works
Thanks
shify

I have tried the links but that does not do anything just fix the bloody problem

If the offer does not appear in the "My Offers" section of the 24x7 app or My Account, then you will need to give 132200 a call and get the consultants to see what is stopping the offer from appearing.
jorob

Was it resolved?
bg078

None of fixes that they have posted work for me and I haven't seen anyone post that they have been resolved by clearing history/cache.

I'm sorry but the questions being asked shouldn't be marked as answered!

BG
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi BG078 

I have responded to your other post. 

Kind Regards

kawa1

When trying to redeem my Foxtel Now offer I get

"Hmm...we have had a problem updating your package. Please try again."

No amount of trying and re trying in multiple browsers, cleared cache and all allows me to get it set up.

How do I get to redeem my offer?

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Kawa1

Please speak with our 24x7 Billing Team as they need to make adjustments to your account to allow the Foxtel Now subscription to process. 

They can be found via  http://tel.st/49kl

Kind Regards

Lyndadi

Has your problem been resolved I’ve been trying for 3 weeks with hour phone calls every day and they are trying to fix the problem............... still waiting
Crazyhorse01

Hello I deleted all my history and tried again and got it done, it took several attempts though
Bobinthewater

In April 2018 they still have the same problem and the same excuse. Except the message now says oops we are having a technical issue. Tipical Telstra never deliver what the sell or promise.
Bobinthewater

Cannot Redeem Foxtel Now 12 month Subscription

In April 2018 they still have the same problem and the same excuse. Except the message now says oops we are having a technical issue. Tipical Telstra never deliver what the sell or promise.
Sho1

I am having this problem and despite heaps of phone calls and promises nothing has changed. At the beginning of April 2018 I had to cancel a landline no longer required on my account. Whilst on this call I was talked into a supposedly good deal to sign up again for 24 months and my internet bundle would go down to $99 from $119. I was told I would also gain 24 months free access to Foxtel Now. The problem is that Foxtel Now doesnt show up in my free Offers and on tracking my order billing number it says that my order is delayed. As I type I am onto yet another Telstra Expert!! 10 days ago I was told a manual form would be submitted by them to finalise the deal. Well guess what, didnt happen. I now would like information on where to go to put in a formal complaint as it appears that this is happening to many others and surely is verging on an illegal incentive to sign up again to Telstra. Do i have to go to Consumer Affairs and start proceedings? it is not right that they are continuing to offer inducements to sign up when they cannot provide what they are offering. I have tried all suggestions and nothing works. The Foxtel Now app appears on my Telstra TV but I am asked for log in details, ie a foxtel id and password which I cant provide as I dont have one.
Sho1

Me too. Disgraceful.
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Sho1,

I'm sorry you've had this upsetting experience, that's not good at all. 

If you have an SR case number you can share with me, I can contact your case Manager, send them a copy of this correspondence & ask that they contact you. If you haven't yet placed a formal complaint you can do so online, more on that here https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Accounts-Plans/Lodging-a-complaint-with-Telstra/ta-p/68188

If you chat with us via the following secure chat link we can go over your account & check for open complaints cases & request your case Manager make contact with you http://tel.st/49kl

Get back to me if you need further assistance.

Angela 

Sho1

I cannot believe they are still selling this inducement to people when it clearly does not work. I assume they are hoping we will all just give up! Not me!!
Bobinthewater

I'm with you Sho1. They are as bad as AMP and the big four banks. A Royal Commission perhaps.
Bobinthewater

Class action I think.
Digga2

It appears that telstra & foxtel are knowingly selling a product the doesnt work !
6 hours on the phone to telstra & foxtel in the phillipines & ZERO RESULTS
Taking a monthly payment for a subscription that obviously
DOES NOT EXIST
SuperMoo

I’m having the same issue. I’ve tried redeeming via website, Telstra 24x7 and Telstra TV app. I’ve even tried utilising my 4g connection and via wifi, but still unable to redeem. How do I get this resolved ASAP?

If it's not appearing in the My Offers section of your account then you will need to call 132200. It needs to be fixed by accounts.
SuperMoo

It does appear in my offers section, which says I am eligible for 1 starter pack. When I click on it, the error similar to OP appears.

The only place that will be able to get it resolved is either through the 132200 number or via livechat.telstra.com, it is a backend account problem and can't be solved by anyone in this forum (account access is required).

If the consultants can't fix it, lodge a formal complaint via either the 132200 number or https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Email-Complaint
Charliee5

Did you have any resolution and how did it happen if so as I am having the same issue, and they are now trying to say I am not eligible even though all prior correspondence have assured me that I am.

@Charliee5 which plan are you on?
Charliee5

Go mobile XXL signed up Oct 2017. Shiuld have three starter packs for 12 months
Support Team
Support Team

Hey Charliee5 - welcome to CrowdSupport.

Are you trying to redeem the offer through the Foxtel Now app or the TelstraTV app? The instructional video here: http://tel.st/uk69q shows the redemption process through the Telstra TV App.

Juzzy72

Hi there

I’m also having this issue - this offer was a key selling point - how can we access???

I have same problem ..no wonder shareholders voted down their payment plan
Support Team
Support Team

HI Juzzy72, 557788 - if the guide at http://tel.st/aagpg doesn't help with the redemption of the offer then our consultant on 13 22 00 can arrange for this to be followed up by the Foxtel Now support teams. 

NLesmana

I have the same issue. Tried to redeem the offer but not come up at all in my offer.
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for coming through. Really sorry for the frustration. Which of the steps listed above have you tried? - Matthew.

Charliee5

I have tried via both but cannot do either. Telstra is trying to say now that I am not eligible. But it was part of the offer so I don't understand why when I hadn't redeemed it and it said I cam redeem anytime.
Charliee5

It also doesn't come up in my offers so I cannot redeem throughout the Telstra App. I cannot do it through foxtel now app without the offer available in My Offers. Same with the Telstra TV app. When I tried to resolve and query why it's not in my offers they say I'm not eligible but don't have any reason why I'm not eligible even though every time I checked before they assured me it was part of my plan. Foxtel Now cannot help without an account with them. Which I cannot make without using the "offer" from My Offers which isn't there. Support just sends you on a goose chase rather than making the offer available and then say not eligible again even though account says I am. It was the main reason I signed up for the plan I was on. I wouldn't have got such a high GB if I had no access to foxtel as I do not use anywhere near that much so it was solely so I could use it for the Foxtel Now 3starter pack subscription that was meant to be included. So I am paying way more than I need to for nothing now.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey Charliee5, 

I'm sorry for the time it's taken to get back to you here, I've sent you a private message - if you still need help, get back to me there and we'll ensure this is addressed as soon as possible. 

Thanks, 
Jesse

Rick62

Hi, i have just had NBN installed today and when I go to "my offers" the foxtel deal is not there
Support Team
Support Team

Hi, Can I  confirm if you have had a Foxtel account or accepted any offers in the past perhaps?

Egg12

This offer expires at the end of next month, and I have not been able to redeem it since we started this plan nearly 12 months ago. Clicking redeem in the app does nothing. Is there anything you can do to fix this?
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Egg12,

I am so sorry you've had so much trouble with applying this, it certainly sounds frustrating.  

If you chat with us via the following secure chat link we can see if we can manually add it to your service  https://tel.st/3kudk

Get back to me if I can help further.

Angela 

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now