CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Jonesy1978
Level 1: Cadet

Cant order anythnig on Foxtel On Demand

Answered

Cant order anything on Foxtel On Demand.

My foxtel box is connected to the internet via a powerline adaptor and an ethernet cable.

I've tested the internet line and it works on my laptop.

So I go to 'On Demand' -> 'Anytime (Catch Up)'

I can browse through the shows availible and read the synopsis, but when I hit 'Select' to order the show, nothing happens.

It worked fine last week.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Cant order anythnig on Foxtel On Demand

Hi Jonesy, sometimes there are gremlins that get into the system.

Try the following, you might have to do it twice over, but it normally brings the units back into line.

Reset your Foxtel Box
(1) Reset your Foxtel box by switching the power off at the socket, then pull the power cord out from the back of the box.
(2) Leave the power disconnected for at least 30 seconds.
(3) Plug the Foxtel power cord back in and switch the power on. Your Foxtel box should turn on and show an array of lights.
(4) The reboot process takes about three to six minutes. Most of our boxes will automatically turn themselves back on. If your box sits on the red standby light, try turning it on by pressing the ‘Foxtel’ or ‘standby’ button at the top of your remote.

Note: A reset will not delete programs in your iQ

sig

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Hi Jonesy, sometimes there are gremlins that get into the system.

Try the following, you might have to do it twice over, but it normally brings the units back into line.

Reset your Foxtel Box
(1) Reset your Foxtel box by switching the power off at the socket, then pull the power cord out from the back of the box.
(2) Leave the power disconnected for at least 30 seconds.
(3) Plug the Foxtel power cord back in and switch the power on. Your Foxtel box should turn on and show an array of lights.
(4) The reboot process takes about three to six minutes. Most of our boxes will automatically turn themselves back on. If your box sits on the red standby light, try turning it on by pressing the ‘Foxtel’ or ‘standby’ button at the top of your remote.

Note: A reset will not delete programs in your iQ

sig

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.
Jonesy1978
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks, I cant belive I didnt try the old "Switch it off and back on again trick!"

All working now!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now