CrowdSupport®
Ludwig
Level 2: Rookie

Cant seem to redeem the 24 months Foxtel now on Telstra TV (not Mobile)

Answered

Hi there,

While there seems to be quite a bit of info on how to redeem the 12 month offer of foxtel now for mobiles, I cant seem to see anyhing on how to do the 24 month of on just the telstra TV box. Theoretically, the instructions say just " open those apps on the telstra TV box".  however when you get there, (foxtel now) your only option seems to be to login.  Fair enough, you say, maybe you cant redeem it till you create an account, which you do.  Ok, you really have to go to the website on your PC to do this effectively.   (Be aware you cannot create a password with capital letters as the app does not recognise or have any way for you to capitalise letters in the sign-in - yow! what year is this?). Once you have done this you can come back to the App and login. However the app does not recognise you as a telstra customer or then give you any offers. Any thoughts?  You can sign up for the free two weeks, but that is simply all it is, 2 weeks.  All help gratefully received.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ludwig
Accepted Solution

Re: Cant seem to redeem the 24 months Foxtel now on Telstra TV (not Mobile)

Thanks for your response!  i spoke to a Telstra rep yesterday and mostly sorted it out.

One of the things not mentioned on the site is the fact that the offers need to be redeemed via the *mobile* app, not the Telstra TV app.  Note too, that the *Telstra TV* (roku box) app doesnt appear to handle caps while the *mobile* app does. the instructions are all over the site about what to do on the app, but if you were considering the Tv app, you would be (and I was) seriously scratching your head.

For those who may need this info, Here are the ways to redeem your offer: (from tech support). Be aware that you need to use the mobile app even if you dont use telstra for your mobile co.

Also be aware that the tech below suggests you create a new login. Seriously this is a good idea, for a while it would not play ball with me at all when I was trying to log in with my old account. However, when I gave up and made a new one it worked first time.

Redemption via 'MY Account'/ 24x7 apps ****MOBILE APP**** the Telstra 24/7 mobile app from Google play.

1. Log IN to my account or 24/7 app from your mobile or PC

2. Click FOXTEL now offer

3. Login with your existing FOXTEL now account or create a new one

4. Choose your pack

5. You'll received an offer applied and verifictaion email.

Redemption via Tablet/ Desktop ****this is the Telstra TV app**** (this one didnt work for me, no "redeem button")

1.Open the FOXTEL NOW app on your Telstra TV

2. Select Redeem offer instead of LOG IN (wasn't there, sorry)

3. Choose from Pop/ Drama or Pop + Drama

4. Complete siqn UP
> Terms and conditions will display and carrier billing selected as the default option - this can be chnaged to credit card online.
> Once accepted, you'll received and offer applied and verification email.

5. You can now start watching channels selected from your starter pack

(tech support notes below)

if you have a foxtel now account, before, you need to create a new account for you to be able to redeem the offer
FOXTEL NOW redemption: To redeem, open those apps on your Telstra TV. -      make sure to login using your Telstra ID.
-      Just be advised, that FOXTEL now uses a different Email address to any previously associated FOXTEL accounts.

(Tech support notes above)

IF YOU CANT USE EITHER OF THOSE WAYS ABOVE (I COULDN'T), USE THIS BELOW

If you still can't redeem, redeem your offer online at hub.telstra.com ****(actually try hub.telstra.com.au)****

Good luck in navigating the minefield, but eventually it does work!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

You can't apply the offers directly through the Telstra TV. You either need to do this via the 24x7 app on your mobile, or from My Account on a computer.

It's also possible to do capital letters (and other special characters) in the app. It has the equivalent of a Shift button on the on screen keyboard.

Finally, there is no difference between Foxtel Now on Telstra TV and on mobiles, they are the same product used with the same account. You can use it when out and about using your mobile, and use the Telstra TV or Smart TV or Computer when you are at home.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Ludwig
Accepted Solution

Thanks for your response!  i spoke to a Telstra rep yesterday and mostly sorted it out.

One of the things not mentioned on the site is the fact that the offers need to be redeemed via the *mobile* app, not the Telstra TV app.  Note too, that the *Telstra TV* (roku box) app doesnt appear to handle caps while the *mobile* app does. the instructions are all over the site about what to do on the app, but if you were considering the Tv app, you would be (and I was) seriously scratching your head.

For those who may need this info, Here are the ways to redeem your offer: (from tech support). Be aware that you need to use the mobile app even if you dont use telstra for your mobile co.

Also be aware that the tech below suggests you create a new login. Seriously this is a good idea, for a while it would not play ball with me at all when I was trying to log in with my old account. However, when I gave up and made a new one it worked first time.

Redemption via 'MY Account'/ 24x7 apps ****MOBILE APP**** the Telstra 24/7 mobile app from Google play.

1. Log IN to my account or 24/7 app from your mobile or PC

2. Click FOXTEL now offer

3. Login with your existing FOXTEL now account or create a new one

4. Choose your pack

5. You'll received an offer applied and verifictaion email.

Redemption via Tablet/ Desktop ****this is the Telstra TV app**** (this one didnt work for me, no "redeem button")

1.Open the FOXTEL NOW app on your Telstra TV

2. Select Redeem offer instead of LOG IN (wasn't there, sorry)

3. Choose from Pop/ Drama or Pop + Drama

4. Complete siqn UP
> Terms and conditions will display and carrier billing selected as the default option - this can be chnaged to credit card online.
> Once accepted, you'll received and offer applied and verification email.

5. You can now start watching channels selected from your starter pack

(tech support notes below)

if you have a foxtel now account, before, you need to create a new account for you to be able to redeem the offer
FOXTEL NOW redemption: To redeem, open those apps on your Telstra TV. -      make sure to login using your Telstra ID.
-      Just be advised, that FOXTEL now uses a different Email address to any previously associated FOXTEL accounts.

(Tech support notes above)

IF YOU CANT USE EITHER OF THOSE WAYS ABOVE (I COULDN'T), USE THIS BELOW

If you still can't redeem, redeem your offer online at hub.telstra.com ****(actually try hub.telstra.com.au)****

Good luck in navigating the minefield, but eventually it does work!

Highlighted
jsm1
Level 1: Cadet

which website do i go to
Ludwig

Ok.  There are 3 options here.

The third one is likely to be the simplest.

1. Using the Telstra 24x7 app, that is from The Google play website and installed on your Android phone.  I assume there is an apple equivalent on the Apple app store.

2. Using the telstra TV app. Not a website, this assumes you get your telstra TV box up and running, so it uses the FoxtelNow app on the telstra TV Box.

3. and finally the telstra website "hub.telstra.com.au" this should take you to 

https://hub.telstra.com.au/offers.html?device=desktop#/offers/p/ which should allow you to simply redeem the offer quickly.  You will need to login with your telstra details to this site.

Best of Luck!

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now