Highlighted
NorthSydneyBear
Level 2: Rookie

Connection from Gateway to Foxtel unsuccessful (IQ3)

Answered
I am just cutting & pasting the same message sent earlier today, forgive my frustration. The IQ3 is the biggest lemon/piece of crap I have ever had the misfortune to purchase. I have gone through 2 boxes in the last month and still no resolution of the problem (inability of the modem to connect to the IQ3 box). Numerous phone calls to your overseas call centre as well and a terrible time having them understand what I am calling about, not to mention the number of times I need to verify who I am. I think that the entire population of Manila knows my date of birth by now. My first bill for my new contract is due by direct debit in a few days (over $400) and I would like to know what service I am being charged for? If you don't fix the problem once and for all, I am cancelling my contract and if you dare charge me an exit fee, I am going to the communications ombudsman. I gave you the benefit of the doubt with the IQ3. There are so many horror stories out there about how poor it is. I never had the problems with the IQ2 that I am experiencing with this glossy lemon. It shouldn't be called the IQ3, it should be called the LowIQ P76. You'd better call me today, or the IQ box will end up in a million pieces. I am a long standing customer and deserve to be treated better than how I am being treated at the moment. CALL ME BEFORE I EXECUTE THE BOX.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: Connection from Gateway to Foxtel unsuccessful (IQ3)

Hi NorthSydneyBear,

I can appreciate your frustration. Regrettably we cannot access accounts via this contact method, I apologise. Please contact us on 13 22 00 and our team will investigate further.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
NorthSydneyBear

...and don't bother telling me to take out the power cord, turn it all off, re-boot and all that stuff, as I have spent hours doing that. I expect a premium service with the amount of money I am paying. I shouldn't have to re-boot and go through all of this every time I want to use on demand or look at what's available on the home page.

NorthSydneyBear

Thank you for not contacting me. Not a message, nor a phone call. I fixed it myself, but I wonder how long it will be before this problem arises again. 

NorthSydneyBear

still nothing, why do I bother? IQ3 is the biggest piece of **bleep**

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Please contact the Foxtel tech team on 131 999, and they'll be able to help you with this.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

NorthSydneyBear

Tried calling, they say it's a Telstra issue. Call Telstra get nowhere.  On 6 December I get this message.

Your complaint has been received

I’d like to confirm that we’ve received and registered your online complaint.

Your reference number is SR 1-1345324820335.

A member of my team will be in touch within five business days, to either resolve your complaint straight away, or to discuss with you our plan to try and reach a resolution. If we need time to look into your complaint, we’ll give you regular updates so you always know what is being done.

To date, nobody has called. 

Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hi NorthSydneyBear,

I can appreciate your frustration. Regrettably we cannot access accounts via this contact method, I apologise. Please contact us on 13 22 00 and our team will investigate further.

NorthSydneyBear

So many times I have called that number without any permanent solution. Guess I'm stuck with a dud product for the next 2 years. Smiley Sad

It's great when it works and so frustrating when it fails. Getting tired of re-booting a product that should just work when I turn it on and paying a premium for it.

NorthSydneyBear

Telstra obviously doesn't care, as long as the bill gets paid.
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey NorthSydneyBear,

I'm really sorry to read about the ongoing issues that you're having. 

I've just sent an email to your previous case manager to pass on this correspondence and ask that this is investigated further. 

I've requested for them to get in contact with you as soon as possible, but just to make sure we're on the same page, our complaints team are business hours meaning the next day of work will be Wednesday next week (after the Monday/Tuesday public holiday). 

From that point, I would advise that you should be contacted within 24 hours. 

My apologies for the frustration, please let me know how you go. Have a great Christmas. 

- JesseH

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more