CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
MikeZ
Level 1: Cadet

Cooling off period

Answered

Does anyone know of a way around the cooling off period?

We want to waive our rights and just get the service installed but seems not able to do so until the 21 days is up.

Sure this did not happen previously when had foxtel installed years ago. Or for signing up for a mobile service, or adsl, or home phone or for anything else other that utilisies which is 10 days and during that time you have the right to cancel at any time.

Not wait to have the service installed. I wont be able to cancel it, since I wont be able to watch it, since iI wont be able to know if I want to cancel it or not until AFTER the waiting period.

Totally illogical in my view.

Help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 20: Director
Accepted Solution

Re: Cooling off period

Hello,

This is an outbound call center calling you hence the 21 day cooling off period.

To find more information regarding this please have a read of the terms and conditions http://www.telstra.com.au/customer-terms/download/document/bp-part-a.pdf under sections 7.1.

Unfortunately Mike you will need to wait for the 21 days for the cooling off period to lapse, or cancel the order and call Telstra direct who can connect your services with no cooling off period but need to wait for the normal installation time frame needed.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Level 20: Director
Accepted Solution

Hello,

This is an outbound call center calling you hence the 21 day cooling off period.

To find more information regarding this please have a read of the terms and conditions http://www.telstra.com.au/customer-terms/download/document/bp-part-a.pdf under sections 7.1.

Unfortunately Mike you will need to wait for the 21 days for the cooling off period to lapse, or cancel the order and call Telstra direct who can connect your services with no cooling off period but need to wait for the normal installation time frame needed.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

MikeZ

Thanks appreciated,

Of course when I called them and tried to cancel the previous deal, and roll direct through telstra the same offer was not available anymore as it expired 2 days previously.

Could have done this prior to the 2nd Nov when it expired when I spoke to customer support the first time but looks like I'm stuck with it.

Thanks anyway.

tarnz17

Hi there

I recently renewed my phone plan with telstra, within 2 days i didn't like the new phone and found it hard to use.  I was told from the morayfield store that there is no cooling off period any more.  I wanted to go back to my old style phone.  I have been a testra customer for a long time now. I was a very unhappy with the customer service.  If it take this long for telstra customer service officer to sign up new phone which took about 4 hours, how am i suppose to hook up things myself at home.

Thanking you

Tania Whitinui

<removed for privacy>

Support Team
Support Team

Hi Tarnz17,

Laws vary from State to State, but generally speaking there is not a cooling off period for a contract entered into in store, if you change your mind. You have consumer rights if the phone is faulty or damaged, or is not fit for purpose, but this does not usually cover not liking the way the phone operates. One of the reasons we shifted to having live demo units in stores was so customers could get a feel for them before purchase.

What devices are you struggling to connect your phone to at home?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit