CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Cooper77
Level 1: Cadet

Current Foxtel offer Tab 3

Answered
Hi, I am interested in signing up to Foxtel from Telstra. The current offer of the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 for new subscribers states that the offer is only valid if you have not had a Foxtel service in the last 3 months. Does this include Foxtel on Tbox?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
NewUser0004
Level 4: Private Eye
Accepted Solution

Re: Current Foxtel offer Tab 3

Hi Cooper. It's a really good offer. You can avail the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 if you have not had a Foxtel service in the last 3 months. So, it should be Foxtel from Telstra (foxtel channels/packages direct from Foxtel) not Foxtel on T-box (foxtel channels that you can access or add using t-box deive) .Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
20 REPLIES 20
Support Team
Support Team

HI Cooper77

I'm pleased to hear you're looking to connect to Foxtel from Telstra and take advantage of this awesome offer! I can advise that this does not include Foxtel on T-Box so if you have Fox on T-Box currecntly you're still eligible Smiley Happy 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

NewUser0004
Level 4: Private Eye
Accepted Solution

Hi Cooper. It's a really good offer. You can avail the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 if you have not had a Foxtel service in the last 3 months. So, it should be Foxtel from Telstra (foxtel channels/packages direct from Foxtel) not Foxtel on T-box (foxtel channels that you can access or add using t-box deive) .Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

Cooper77

Thank you for the reply, also is the galaxy tab a cellular device? The picture on the website shows a phone icon and a 24x7 data widget, however it does not confirm if it is wifi only or + cellular.
Thanks
Support Team
Support Team

Hey Cooper77,

That is the WiFi + Cellular version, capable of connecting to 4G.

-Dylan

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

kenneth1972

hi we had the foxtel offer and so far we have the foxtel and i signed up online new customer and havnt got my galaxy tab yet please help

Support Team
Support Team

Heya kenneth1972,

Welcome to CrowdSupport. Smiley Happy

Definitely would like to ensure you do receive what you are entitled to, if you could please send me a private message, we'll go from there.

GGPatrol

I have had my Foxtel installed over a month ago and there is no sign of a tablet as discussed at the time of signing up for the service. The phone help has not eventuated, can anyone help me out please

Garrick

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi GGPatrol,

To follow up on the Foxtel tablet offer online, have a chat to our sales team Smiley Happy they are available 24x7 to assist 

Thanks

babyman77
Level 2: Rookie

I am inquiring on the current offer, its states that i have to have a telstra voice plus, do i need this or will my post paid mobile suffice as am already a customer

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey babyman77,

Welcome to Crowd Support Smiley Happy

The main eligibility criteria for this tablet to be provided is that you must not have has any Foxtel service connected within the previous 3 months, either with Foxtel directly or Foxtel from Telstra. How did you apply to have this service connected, was it transferred from Foxtel to Telstra at all? 

babyman77

What i meant was I am already a tesltra customer with a Mobile post paid service , is this enough to be eligible to get the Offer or do i need to also upgrade my home service which i really dont use much?

Support Team
Support Team

Hi babyman77,

If you were getting the NEW Foxtel from Telstra service placed on the same bill as your post paid mobile, you would be eligible. 

Online sign up or Digital Telesales number 1800 020 800 only

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

babyman77

Hi so does this mean the $35 option for the new contract, isnt applicable to me when i set up.
Support Team
Support Team

Hi babyman77, 

Could you clarify, I'm not sure what you mean by the $35 option?

Packages start from $49 + installation & equipment fees

Did you end up getting in touch with us via the phone number above?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

babyman77

this is the wording from the options available, thats why i need to know whether the 35.95 will apply if i have a post poid mobile phone service:

"When you take up Essentials + Sports for 12 months for new Foxtel from Telstra subscribers with eligible Telstra services

$59

per month for 6 months and $84 thereafter with eligible Telstra services. Min cost is $1439.40 including HD recordable device and standard installation. * "

"*Minimum costs based on you having a Telstra Voice Plus service (an extra $35.95/mth) plus a once-off $75 equipment fee for an HD recordable device and $75 standard installation"

Support Team
Support Team

Hi babyman77,

To clarify, the minimum costs was based off the $35.95 cost if you had a Telstra Voice service

As you have a post paid service, that price would be your minimum monthly fee that you currently pay per month 

babyman77

Thanks for your response ShannonD, just so we are on the same page it will only cost me $888 which includes installation as well as the HD box if i packaged it up with my Post Paid Service.
Support Team
Support Team

The price you're quoting there is the plan multiplied by 12 months. As Foxtel from Telstra requires you to have another service with Telstra, the minimum cost would need to factor in the price of that over 12 months plus any installation fees for the service.

I can't tell you what that would be except for in hypothetical scenarios. So in order to get a clear idea of what the exact minimum costs for you are, recommend speaking with our sales team on 132200.

- Jesse

adsyking

Hi,

Can any one tell me if the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 comes locked to the Telstra network for the Foxtel promotion?

And if so, how do I get it network unlocked?

Thanks!

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi adsyking, 

No it should not be locked to Telstra, so you should be able to use any SIM in it immediately

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about direct debit and the Telstra 24x7 App ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now