CrowdSupport®
cantrell1
Level 1: Cadet

Email from Andy Ellis around Foxtel Package

Over the weekend I signed up for the 3 month free trail of Foxtel and was horrified to receive an email from Andy Ellis (who I am not convinced actually really exists) welcoming me to my new package that I signed up for at a rate of $134 per month.  To add insult to injury, there is no way to contact this fictitious person or anyone at Telstra via email to complain about this mistake from the email sent - when you sign up for a free trial, there should not be a dollar value to your trial confirmation and your confirmation should reflect the trial package you agreed to, not a dollar value.  The saying nothing is for free has never been more true.  Shame Telstra, shame Foxtel and SHAME ANDY ELLIS if you really exist.  What was previously a reasonable experience with Telstra is now totally destroyed because this make-believe person sends out generic emails that really don’t reflect the deal you think you have signed up for and don’t provide a means to contact them.  Telstra I encourage you to think about the way you send out emails and the wording you use.  This Andy Ellis person is supposed to be the Head of Customer Service and Contact Centres – do you really know anything about customer service ???? Your system generated emails, which presumably you approved going out under your name, clearly reflect otherwise.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Email from Andy Ellis around Foxtel Package

OK. It is all in the wording of the offer. You always need to make sure you understand the wording before you sign up for anything.

"Three Months' Free Foxtel Offer Ends 30 April. Try our Platinum HD Package and get the first 3 months free, with no lock-in contract or set-up costs."

This means that yes, you have signed up to a $134 per month plan. It also means that you do not get charged foir the first 3 months of the plan.

The good news. This is a no lock-in contract, which means you can cancel at any time without penalty.

So, in order to avaoid any charges, you will need to cancel the subscription before the end of the 3 month trial period (allowing for any extra cutoff cancellation timings). Otherwise you will be charged $134 per month until you cancel the service.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about direct debit and the Telstra 24x7 App ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now