CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Boopy41
Level 1: Cadet

Existing Foxtel customer wanting a better deal

Answered

Hi everyone, I am an existing Foxtel customer and have been for many years. I'm not currently on a plan. I'm wondering if anyone has had any luck with obtaining a better deal with their Foxtel - seems only new customers receive offers such as three months free. Any suggestions? I haven't rung Telstra about my query - just wondering what everyone else's experience has been Smiley Happy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Existing Foxtel customer wanting a better deal

Often if you play disconnect 'chicken' with them they can pull out some 'saves' deals to keep you connected as a customer. If you point out it's no longer providing the same value as it used to and you can't really justify it any longer.

That being said, I'm not entirely sure how much of this power Telstra reps have over Foxtel from Telstra. It doesn't hurt to ask them though.
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Often if you play disconnect 'chicken' with them they can pull out some 'saves' deals to keep you connected as a customer. If you point out it's no longer providing the same value as it used to and you can't really justify it any longer.

That being said, I'm not entirely sure how much of this power Telstra reps have over Foxtel from Telstra. It doesn't hurt to ask them though.
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.

View solution in original post

Andrew37
Level 2: Rookie

I'm currently on the Telstra Premier Large Bundle + Foxtel Platinum + speed boost) which is costing about $260 per month.

I'm starting to lean towards the Optus "My Entertainment Plus" bundle. It's $140 per month with unlimited high speed data. They also offer a $20 discount on each of my families 4 sim only plans, saving another $80 per month. Once i add Stan and Netflix for maybe another $30 per month, it works out to about $90 per month.

$260 or $90 per month........

Time for Telstra to try harder.......... (Already making plans for the $170 savings per month. $2040 less per year!!)

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Andrew37

please chat with us via our secure Live Chat http://tel.st/49kl or on 132200 and we'll be happy to see what is the best deal we can offer you.
-Ern

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit