CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
MANGO45
Level 2: Rookie

FOXTEL IQ3

Answered

How do I get my hands on an Foxtel IQ3 box. I don’t want a IQ4 box how do I get one please as I’m a TELSTRA Foxtel customer. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: FOXTEL IQ3

Foxtel no longer sell iQ3 boxes. The only model they have now is the iQ4.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
Accepted Solution

Foxtel no longer sell iQ3 boxes. The only model they have now is the iQ4.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

MANGO45
Level 2: Rookie

Thanks 

fpul
Level 4: Private Eye

So can we assume that if we want to upgrade our Foxtel box from Vers 1.5...(I think …)we will be offered IQ4 although Telstra web site pages refer that IQ4 is for satellite and IQ3 is for Cable (we have HFC cable) I have read that new Foxtel connections will be allocated IQ4 and in the future existing customers will be moved onto IQ4

Yes, you will be offered and IQ4 as it is the only model that is now available.

That will also mean that you will be switched over to Satellite delivery as Foxtel is migrating all their subscribers across by 2023 and will no longer be broadcasting over Cable, and the IQ4 does not work with Cable.

KBJ
Level 1: Cadet

I am on cable and was today offered iQ3!

i am trying to ascertain the benefits of upgrading before I commit the $150 and the hassle of installing,,,

any comments.

KBJ

Not quite the case 

I am on cable and was today offered iQ3!

i am trying to ascertain the benefits of upgrading before I commit the $150 and the hassle of installing,,,

any comments.

I'm not sure why they would be offering you an iQ3 as all new installations should be an iQ4 delivered by satellite. Foxtel aren't doing cable installations any more.

fpul
Level 4: Private Eye

Hi Jupiter , your comments are probably correct ….."offering you an iQ3 as all new installation" the key words are NEW Installation ...we  are in the same situation as KBJ ..we have existing FOXTEL via cable … so we will be eventually moved from Cable to satellite.

So with the conflicting information on the Telstra website re iQ4 and iQ3 and the details in  My Account saying we can only upgrade to iQ2...we will probably wait a bit longer...our 2yrs Foxtel bundle  will be due in early 2020 ..we will check then ..

KBJ

I am already on cable - to change to a satellite would be onerous as I am in a large apartment block so interactions with body corporate etc etc - and in any case I was specifically advised I couldn’t upgrade to IQ4 because of the location!

i asked for further written info on the IQ3 - asking for a website location to look at what I was buying (yes a bit old school on things like this) and my Telstra person was unable to help???

so I’m stuck for the moment

The only place that has information on the iQ3 now is the Foxtel support page.

https://www.foxtel.com.au/support/tv/set-top-boxes.html#iq3

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now