CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
picadore
Level 1: Cadet

Foxtel Arts channel

OMG, what happened to Arts channel, what happened to classical music, concerts, opera, ballet, BBC Proms etc?

Combining Smooth and Arts together is the biggest joke and it is the biggest disaster in Foxtel history.

Arts channel, classical music and Mezzo.tv, three things that hooked me to Foxtel and the only reasons I subscribed to Foxtel.

Now, nothing left to watch and no reason to keep Foxtel.

Very sad day for me and for many classical music lovers Man FrustratedMan MadMan Sad

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Foxtel Arts channel

Foxtel Smooth and Foxtel Arts

On October 11, Foxtel Smooth and Foxtel Arts will become one channel, with Foxtel Smooth programming airing daily from midnight to 6.00pm and Foxtel Arts programming scheduled from 6.00pm to midnight each day. Foxtel Smooth/Foxtel Arts will continue to be broadcast at two channel locations on the Foxtel platform, at both Channel 133 and Channel 806.

From 11 October, Foxtel Smooth/Foxtel Arts will sit in the Entertainment pack. This change means that, for the first time, Foxtel Arts programming will be available to all Foxtel customers, irrespective of their package.
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
picadore

Do you really believe in what are you saying?

Smooth from midnight to 6 pm with all rubbish contents and even worse quality.

Arts from 6 pm, have you checked whats on, again all rubbish and rubbish quality.

And, with all of this, do you want me to be happy. As I said this channel is nothing it used to be with HD quality classical music, jazz, paintings and much more of the arts.

"Foxtel Arts programming will be available to all Foxtel customers". The only problem is that there are no more arts presented in this channel.

Level 23: Superhero

As a fellow consumer it's not a matter of believing what I'm saying, the above is simply a copy and paste from the information supplied by Foxtel to their customers.

Neither I, nor Telstra, control what Foxtel put on a particular channel.

As someone with a Foxtel service I can honestly say until I read your post I never even knew either channel existed, let alone that as of today they had been combined.

If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Ditto, I had never heard of those channels before this post.

In saying that, that would be the reason why they have been combined into a single channel. Low viewer numbers, so by combining them onto one channel, saves Foxtel money.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
OldViewer

From our perspective, the dumbing down of Foxtel Arts devalue our foxtel service to us by about 25%.  It will be greatly missed, and alternative sources will be sought. Bye.

nicholas12

this is a disgraceful dumbing down of the arts channel. ..this smooth junk is an insult to the classical music lover. ..
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Have you thought about submitting your feedback to Foxtel via their Contact Us page? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit