Tempo58
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Foxtel Go App soon to be on selected Browsers only

What idiot decided to only offer Foxtel Go on Safari and Chrome only?  What about all the people on PC's that use IE or Edge on Windows 10, which is far more secure than

Chrome which tracks all your usage?  What about all the people that use Firefox? Such a narrow minded view, and poorly discussed with the wider community.  I have a IT consultancy business, and I switch people off Chrome for privacy reasons.  Why do you think Google were fined $6.8bn recently?  Whoever makes these decisions does not read the news or has no regard for privacy issues.  You should make your products available for any user regardless of their choice of browser.  Another stupid decision Telstra.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Foxtel Go App soon to be on selected Browsers only

That change is actually due to a change that Microsoft initiated, which made them incompatible.

Also, blaming Telstra is a bit stupid in itself. You do realise that Foxtel Go is a Foxtel product, not a Telstra one?
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
Tempo58
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Went to Foxtel site but could not enter a support ticket because my Foxtel was provided via Telstra. So they said I had to deal with Telstra.
So what did MS do to make it incompatible? It is still the responsibility of the app maker to keep up to date with software development.

For starters, they removed silverlight support, which is how Foxtel Go was able to work with Microsoft browsers. IE and Edge aren't particularly good browsers, their adherence to w3c standards is not great. At work, we use IE and Edge for dealing with Microsoft sites, but Firefox &/or Chrome for most things as they are more reliable.

If you go to community.foxtel.com.au you will be able to voice your concerns to Foxtel. There is absolutely nothing that Telstra can do about it. It's not something that they would be able to raise a support ticket for.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more