CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
simon67
Level 2: Rookie

Foxtel Go PC 'no internet connection', why does this occur when there is a connection?

Answered

I cant get the app to work, it just keeps saying 'no internet connection'

Im using windows 7

does anyone have any idea why this is occurring?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
simon67
Accepted Solution

Re: Foxtel Go PC 'no internet connection', why does this occur when there is a connection?

I found the solution, I did a recovery on the pc and reinstalled windows. there must have been a program conflict. 

also, my telstra service is great consistent speed etc just wish i had more mbps but wont see that happen for some time.

thanks

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
dcruzfam

Re: Foxtel Go PC 'no internet connection', why does this occur when there is a connection?

Hi,

I've had the same problem. It took Telstra over a year to finally release the Foxtel Account number to register for Foxtel Go, only to find that the Bigpond connection is incapable of making a connection that lasts for more than a few minutes. I've made enquiries but have had no response so far. They've probably put it in the 'too hard' basket!

The Bigpond internet cable connection is generally poor and if the Libs get in, it is unlikely the NBN service will progress further!

Good Luck!

simon67
Accepted Solution

I found the solution, I did a recovery on the pc and reinstalled windows. there must have been a program conflict. 

also, my telstra service is great consistent speed etc just wish i had more mbps but wont see that happen for some time.

thanks

View solution in original post

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Glad to hear you were able to get this resolved, I was just about to post some suggestions but you beat me to the punch Smiley Happy

Have a great evening.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Rockapes
Level 1: Cadet

just wondering if anyone has had the same issues with a samsung galaxy 3 

dcruzfam

What is the solution? Re-install Windows?

The bigpond cable line keeps dropping out - I have the same problem with Foxtel. Is this a problem with Windows software of the cable service?

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey Dcruzfam,  

If the foxtel and cable service is both dropping it can indicate an issue on the line. Have you contacted our Technical Support area to troubleshoot this?

Brodie

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

pbawilliamson

How can 'reinstalling windows' be a solution. More likely to be a useless App from Foxtel. BTW Audio is not affected. Only video.

Android works well,
declan123

Dank your response to this is utterly pathetic. 'You were about to post some suggestions...'?

Do you really think a recovery and re install of Windows is a good solution? Is this something you're satisfied with?

This is hours of work. You're supposed to solve problems.

Here's my 'solution' on Windows 8.

When the error window pops up. Move your mouse down to the bottom of it. You'll see the video is hidden underneath the error window. The video controls Flash up on mine. Click this and the error widow disappears. No more problem. For me anyway.

If you're reading this - don't re install windows. Just tell Telstra they need to fix a rubbish app.

bryce281

I HAVE A FIX!!! FINALLY!!! I have bitdefender total 2013 after trying to fix the internet connection issue for about 2 hours, myself, and a foxtel tech found out it was the firewall " i think" all i know is that with my bitdefender firewall disabled i have no issues, that is the basic answer. You can probably tweak your firewall to allow it, but the easiest fix for me was to disable my firewall. maybe not too safe if you have virus issues but a fix none the less, far better than what i have seen so far. Good luck plz give kudos if it helped i'd really like to know.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit