CrowdSupport®
kevina63
Level 2: Rookie

Foxtel Go - new application to be released by Foxtel in Nov 12

With Foxtel annoucing the release of there new Foxtel Go application today and also advertised in Novs Foxtel magazine, (for release in Nov 12) - will Foxtel Go also be available to Foxtel from Telstra customers?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
12 REPLIES 12
Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)

Re: Foxtel Go - new application to be released by Foxtel in Nov 12

Can't find any reference on it on the Foxtel Website, so can't answer sorry Smiley Sad

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey Kevina63

It's just been reported in News articles at the moment, so no official work from Foxtel about this yet. Even then I could only find 2 articles.

If the article is correct, and if there is a new app released, then we'd be provided with info after Foxtel makes an annoucement( which according to those articles isn't even going to be for another month).

I'll update this thread (if it's announced) as soon as we have information as to whether or not Telstra customers will be able to use it. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey Kevina63, 

Great news! We are offering Foxtel Go! and it will be available tomorrow (7th of November)

• This service is currently only for iPad
  • Foxtel Go video can be viewed on two iPads using the same account
  • One of the iPads linked to the account can be changed once every calendar months
  • Not available to Foxtel on T-Box, Foxtel on Xbox or Foxtel on Internet TV customers
  • Access to channels and Catch Up content will be based on current Foxtel from Telstra package subscriptions
  • Data charges may apply for streaming content (so not unmetered) 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

dreddie
Level 1: Cadet

Just wondering how we register with this app as it requests a foxtel account number and obviously we have a Telstra one?
Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)

Contact LiveChat and they can get it from VIVA.

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey Dreddie, 

As Ben mentioned, our Live Chat team can give you what you need :-) 

However if you need a hand after speaking with Live Chat send me a Private Mesage and I'd be happy to give you a hand getting it up and going :-) 

You can send me a Private Message here: PM Steph

PG

I had the same issue - contacted Live Chat but they could not assist.  Is there any other way to get a username and password for Foxtel Go?

MisterQ
Level 7: Deputy Inspector

Not unmetered? That makes it rather pointless - While I am on a 500GB Cable plan, I can download past episodes over cable to my STB for free, why should this be different.  Given that some episodes are about 800MB, it potentially eats quota...

Only two Ipads - give me a break - any household that has one, will have as many as members of the familiy in no time flat...

And not being able to "save/buffer" - again - that sucks. This would be great for downloading Skynews, to watch on the train on the way to work, or the like - nope, it appears to need a live internet link to fully stream. Given that the Quotas on Telstra 3G sims for ipads are miniscule, it really defeats that concpt of being able to use it "on the road" as the ad for it, in the back of the car, with the kids, would indicate.

While it shouldn't be a conduit for bootleg downloads, it can't be that difficult to constrain the app to keeping 1 to half a dozen episodes locally (and not allowing more until they are deleted...

Old IT/Comms curmudgeon - did tech support for Alcatel System 12 Exchanges in my day - designed a bunch of stuff for Optus.
gowombat

Sorry but that's wrong. Chat can give you the viva 7 digit account number, they can't give you the username/password because you have to create that Foxtel Online account yourself:

https://go.telstra.com.au/helpandsupport/-/setting-up-my-foxtel-online-account

Level 23: Superhero

MisterQ

The main reason for limiting it to 2 iPads is because there is no check to see if the owner of the iPad activated service is even in the same location as the original service.

Essentially it stops one person getting a Foxtel service and sharing it via Go with 50 mates.
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
Kaybentley

Does this include business customers?

zen
Level 2: Rookie

To be able to use Foxtel Go on iPad, you need first to register at foxtel.com.au, create your username and password, you will also need your account number and sometimes smartcard number (you can call telstra / online chat to get the ff details). enjoy your app! Smiley Wink

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now