Highlighted
Rottenest
Level 1: Cadet

Foxtel Go

Answered
I have a Telstra sim card for my iPad . Will I be charged for data when I use Foxtel Go?
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Foxtel Go

For Foxtel Go, I believe the answer is yes.

Foxtel Mobile (different product), no (but you pay a subscription fee to Telstra).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

My suggestion is to use Foxtel Go only when connected via a Wifi fixed connection.
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Accepted Solution

Foxtel Mobile (different product), no (but you pay a subscription fee to Telstra).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Accepted Solution

My suggestion is to use Foxtel Go only when connected via a Wifi fixed connection.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
Rottenest

Thanks

@Jupiter wrote:

Rottenest

@Kalak wrote:

Thank you. Will do.

gwmbox
Level 13: Super Sleuth

@Kalak wrote:

Why, does that then make it  unmetered?

Roll on the NBN!

No.  And because it isn't unmetered, I suggest using a fixed service with higher allowances rather than small mobile broadband plans (often with excess usage fees).

Rottenest

Thank you. However I thought that I read some where that if I was a registered Foxtel iq customer through Telstra, and I am,  Foxtel Go was  free to access on my iPad. Sorry for the confusion. :-)

gwmbox
Level 13: Super Sleuth

Free to access yes if you are a Foxtel subscriber, but since it is delivered via an internet connection (Foxtel Go) it uses up any data plan you have and is metered.  For people like us on wireless only, this means that Foxtel Go is useless to us as it uses up too much data.

Roll on the NBN!

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now