CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
GLG
Level 3: Gumshoe

Foxtel IQ3

Answered
When will Foxtel release IQ3 and will it be available through Telstra?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: Foxtel IQ3

Hi NicWilson,

The IQ3 Box will be available through Telstra on April 8 Smiley Happy

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
59 REPLIES 59
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I don't have any details on an IQ3, I am aware that Foxtel have announced a new device but I am not sure when it will actually be available for customers.

I am reasonably confident that Telstra will have it from release, however that is just a guess as I don't have any official information on this.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

CAGS
Level 1: Cadet

Please can you supply any new updates on IQ3 (release date, etc..)

I currently have basci IQ and do not want to upgrade to IQ2 if IQ3 is released in the near future.

Regards,

Wayne

Support Team
Support Team

Hi Wayne - at the moment there's still no further news regarding the launch of an IQ3 set top unit yet, but we'll be providing more information via our website and other channels as soon as details are available.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

rcheli32

There have been new announcements over the past month, so can you give us an update on the rollout schedule and when pricing will be released? I was encouraged to sign a new 24 month deal today but I'm not entering any new contract period until I understand what the new package offers will be that include IQ3....

Robot Very Happy

Support Team
Support Team

Hi rcheli32,

We’ll be contacting customers directly in coming weeks outlining details of bonus content and pricing etc.

We resell Foxtel’s pay TV services, so when Foxtel changes its content packaging, so do we. We set our pricing independently to Foxtel and will be seeking to set very competitive pricing and ensure customers continue to receive great value from our new Foxtel from Telstra packages.

We’re working with Foxtel to have the iQ3 available for Foxtel for Telstra customers once the product is launched but further details will be available soon.

RJI621

Jameszy
Level 2: Rookie

Looks like foxtel will be releasing the IQ3 in Feburary.  

Jameszy

@Jameszy wrote:

Looks like foxtel will be releasing the IQ3 in Feburary.  

Delayed until March. Now looking like mid to late March.

Bodgey1968

Foxtel is starting to take orders for the iq3 release on Monday March 23, why do telstra customers have to wait until the 8th April to upgrade
nuggrady

I am wondering the same thing why customers of Foxtel from Telstra have to wait till 8th April to get their hands on the IQ3.I take it from their lack of response they have not come up with a suitable answer.Maybe time to switch back billing to Foxtel and not Telstra.
tdubs

That doesn't really answer the original question Dylan.

It launches on next Mon 23rd March, so are you saying it will be available from this date also through Telstra?

Thanks

Support Team
Support Team

The words I pasted in above are the exact words I've been told, so my interpretation would be that whenever the IQ3 boxes are available through Foxtel directly, they will also be available to Telstra Foxtel customers.

NicWilson

Foxtel informed me only foxtel direct cusomters will get them on the relesase date,  and Telstra customers like me will be able to get them at a later time.  They could not elaborate on when,  just at a later time.

Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hi NicWilson,

The IQ3 Box will be available through Telstra on April 8 Smiley Happy

Stevesjd

i have a current order for foxtel by telstra due for install 27 march. will i get iq2 or iq3 installed?

thanks

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

hi SteveSJD

We haven't been provided with any updated information from Foxtel as yet regarding the new IQ3 Box. 

This will be revealed in the new week. 

Regards Smiley Happy 

Stevesjd

Thanks Liddy

i will wait until next week and check back before the install happens. maybe i will have to reschedule the install for a few days...

NicWilson

Thanks for that info.  So how and when can we pre-order?

Nic W

Uglymike

I just called and was told that IQ3 doesn't launch with Telstra until April 8 (as previously mentioned) and that I need to pre-register on the Telstra website.  I cannot find that link, can someone post it so I can pre-register?

tdubs

Stevesjd, based on what i'm seeing on foxtels website this morning, unless you agree to pay the additional $50 for iq3, your box will just default to the standard iqhd box.
Goresh

Next question, what will it cost?

Rickc7

Why do Foxtel from Telstra customers have to wait until 8th April to order an IQ3 when customers of Foxtel (not through Telstra) were able to order an IQ3 on 22nd March?

Support Team
Support Team

Hi Rickc7,

If there's new pricing I'm sure we'll announce Smiley Happy

I'd expect this to happen on or around release

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

Rickc7

Hi Shannon, thanks for your reply but I didn't ask about pricing.
Support Team
Support Team

My apologies Rickc7, I misread & it should have been directed at Goresh

Our launch date allows us to make sure we have the processes in place to give you the best iQ3 experience possible

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

Fester1952

I currently have the IQHD, if I order the IQ3 when released, what happens to the old box?

Community Manager

Hi Fester1952,

Just like when you cancel, an unused set top unit will be collected by a Foxtel technician.

Cheers, Tim

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

smike

Enquired about IQ3 yesterday on live chat and was told I could order it on the Telstra website, instore or by calling 132200.

Went into Telstra shop today only to be told IQ3 was being handled entirely by telephone on 1800 676 088.  

Called that number only to be told they can't do anything until the 8th of April and I should call back on that date. 

Cybertuga

I currently have the standar staellite box with one cable from the plate only, can I have the IQ3 or I will need 2 cables from the satellite plate?

Thanks

GLG

It is April 8th and I cannot find any announcements from Telstra. Will this release date be delayed owing to the problems people seem to be having with the IQ3?
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi GLG

Our marketing people won't even be out of bed just yet to make an announcement - assuming they plan to do one today ;-) 

But in all seriousness, our Foxtel team open at 8am EST, and from then you can place an order over the phone on 13 22 00 (say Foxtel at the prompt). At this point there has been no notification of any delays. 

Goresh

It is April 17, not heard a word from Telstra yet.

308hjute

IQ3 has been available since 8th April.  I recieved mine yesterday after a slight hiccup with the order.  All set up and running now.

Info and selection choices available on the Foxtel from Telstra page >  https://www.telstra.com.au/entertainment/foxtel-from-telstra 

Goresh

So much for ticking the box to be kept up to date.

Rickc7

Hi,

My Foxtel iQ3 has been installed and it is quite good but I am disappointed that I don't receive all of the free to air digital channels like 7mate or GEM etc. When I first inquired with foxtel about wether the free to air digital channels would come with iQ3, I was told that those channels would however the installer told me that is not the case. Disappointing Foxtel, will all digital channels eventually be available through IQ3? Does it have something to do with me have a dish on the roof rather than cable? Or is there something the installer got wrong which I can change????

Wobbit

Recieved My iQ3 and nearly all is fine

When you schedual a program to be recorded and  press the blue button to keep you can reverse this by pressing the button again in the schedual area.

In the recorded section it won't reverse the keep blue button and you cant delete the programe after watching it even after you put in the pin number it asks you to submit.

Is there a fix comming or am I missing somthing.

Support Team
Support Team

Hi Wobbit, 

Foxtel Faults team can advise of any possible fix, and can be reached on 131999 7:30am-11pm EST everyday. 

GLG

I finally received my IQ 3 through Telstra last week. Apart from an initial problem with scanning for FTA channels everything is working well. Even though the Foxtel lady told me I needed to connect the terrestrial aerial directly to IQ3 and forget about the T Box and the DVD recorder, I have gone directly to the T Box, then the DVD recorder and finally to IQ3. It all works well.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Good to hear it's all working for you Smiley Happy 

Cybertuga

Hi

Here I am again with the same question seen if someone aswer this time.

I currently have the standar staellite box with one cable only coming  from the dish, can I have the IQ3 or I will need 2 cables from the dish to connect to IQ3?

Thanks in advance

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Cybertuga,

Good question, best to direct your query to our Foxtel Faults team on 131999 to assist with this further

Rickc7

it would be good if someone from foxtel or telstra would answer
Community Manager

Hi Rickc7.

This is a question you would need to direct to Foxtel, who are unfortunately not active on these forums.

Cheers.

Rickc7

Thanks Scott, I will see how I go, usually when I ring foxtel about something they are very quick to palm me off to telstra as I am a foxtel through telstra customer.

warrick_hines

hi

can you tell me who to contact and cost to upgrade to iq3 with telstra? i have the platinum package.

many thanks

warrick

Support Team
Support Team

Hi warrick_hines,

The total cost to upgrade to Foxtel iQ3 is $200. 

You can call 132200 and say 'Foxtel' to have the set-up and they will charge your account 

Angela 

warrick_hines

thanks Angela.

seems a bit over the top $200 to go from IQ2 to IQ3! I think i will pass.

thanks

Support Team
Support Team

Hi warrick_hines,

That's the cost right now, part of the cost is an install fee too.

Keep it in mind Smiley Very Happy

Angela 

Kooka71

Neons get it. Software is buggy and freezes all the time. Telstra promised to call me back but haven't!

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now