CrowdSupport®
chrissyd66
Level 1: Cadet

Foxtel \ Internet Continual Dropouts

My Foxtel and Broadband service continually drops out, and so effectively I am paying for, and have been for over 4 years, a very ordinary service.

I have had techs come to work out the problem, the IQ3 box has been replaced at least twice, same with my modem, a powered booster splitter has been installed, I have rebooted many times, cables changed and cables checked, unscrewed cables and re-screwed them, turned it off at the powerpoint and unplugged, done  a hard reset and done everything else in between and NOTHING has changed. The service is rubbish.

I have also had service techs (for either Foxtel or my Broadband) booked and cancelled because Telstra believes the problem to be fixed. Wrong.

9 times out of 10, the screen goes for a split second to a F101 screen warning before going to a F106 screen warning. This happens with all Foxtel channels on a regular basis. The other night my Foxtel dropped out 23 times in 90 minutes.

Anyone had the same issues?

I did a signal check and i'm not sure what the norm is but this looks (see attached) low to me?

Any assistance or advice would be very welcome.

Chris

IMG_6809.jpg

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Foxtel \ Internet Continual Dropouts

If your broadband drops out as well, then it sounds like a problem with the HFC coming in to your house rather than the hardware itself. 

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about direct debit and the Telstra 24x7 App ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now