CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
accidently_amy
Level 1: Cadet

Foxtel Now Ads on Telstra TV

I've been using foxtel now on my Telstra TV for a few months now, and have noticed that this is the only device that seems to show ads before and after each episode of what I'm watching.

I have used foxtel now on the PS4 app, and on a chromecast, and when watching the same series on these devices I get no ads.

So why am I getting ads on the Telstra TV? Its especially bad because its the exact same ad before and after each episode. So effectively, watching the same ad twice in a row as one episode ends, and another begins. Is there a way to disable this?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
RinaB
Level 6: Bloodhound

Re: Foxtel Now Ads on Telstra TV

As with all the apps on TTV, the app providers control what content or advertising applies within their app- this isn't controlled by Telstra or Telstra TV.

accidently_amy
Level 1: Cadet

I'm aware of that, it just seems strange that this is the only device showing ads?
RinaB
Level 6: Bloodhound

The ads pre-roll when using the Foxtel companion app to their IQ Broadcast service as well..

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now