CrowdSupport®
Level 2: Rookie

Foxtel Now Streaming VIdeo stops audio continues

Almost impossible to watch Foxtel Now through Telstra TV 2, whilst streaming programmes the video stops every few minutes whilst the audio continues. We are on NBN and get 40/20 when we do a speed test and regardless of whether we use a WiFi connection or Ethernet we get the same issues. Video quality is set to Auto, this seems to be a CDN issue as watching Netflix using the same box we never have any issues. Everybody talks about Optus Fail this is definitely a #FoxtelFail is Foxtel setting up an inferior service to force Customers to get a Satellite box instead? Poor poor poor 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Foxtel Now Streaming VIdeo stops audio continues

I have the same problem, the program stops, pixcelates, audio keeps going. But shows on Netflix working perfectly. This started during the week for me when my Telstra TV lost connection while trying to bring up a Foxtel Now show. and did this over a couple of days. I have turned off the modem, unplugged the Telstra TV, set connection up again.and have also restarted it, It is starying connected now, but impossible to watch a show on Foxtel Now.
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero
Level 23: Superhero

Could try a factory reset of the Telstra TV
For Official Support Chat Now, try the Online Troubleshooter, check for Outages or Raise a Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.
  • I work for Telstra in the following products.
  • Telstra Platinum, Telstra Business Services, Telstra Smart Home, Velocity, Locator and NBN faults.
  • I'm not here in an official capacity, I just like fixing things and respond in my own time when I can.
  • Include "@343GuiltySpark" in your reply to get my attention if you're after me specifically.
  • My opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's, just so we're all on the same page.
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

I have the same problem.  Too pixelated to watch Foxtel Now on my telstra tv 1 or 2.  Did a factory reset on the older telstra tv but it made no difference.  Every other app works fine and foxtel streams fine on mobile devices.

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Guys, 

Sorry to hear of the Foxtel Go streaming issues. For technical support please try our team here  https://tel.st/phl2d or call 133 933 and we can check on the issue or pass this onto Foxtel. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit