CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Stranded
Level 1: Cadet

Foxtel Packages

Answered

I have been a Foxtel subscriber through Telstra for many years. I now would like to change my package. Can I pick my own, rarther than use the packages through Telstra. I would like a standard IQ box with the Entainment, movies and doco's only?

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Foxtel Packages

Hi stranded, the easiest way to find the answer to your question about tailormaking up your Telstra/Foxtel service might be to have a talk with the Foxtel team as they would have access to your account and could then advise what modifications you/they can make to meet your needs. You can contact them via 1800 676 088

Signature.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
15 REPLIES 15
Accepted Solution

Hi stranded, the easiest way to find the answer to your question about tailormaking up your Telstra/Foxtel service might be to have a talk with the Foxtel team as they would have access to your account and could then advise what modifications you/they can make to meet your needs. You can contact them via 1800 676 088

Signature.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

spice61

I have a foxtel bundle package with phone and internet

Problem with Foxtel Packages below

Packages are really a bit of a scam to make you upgrade as they do not include what most people really want

My idea is to get your basic package and then be able to choose at least 10 channels that you really want rather than being stuck with just 1 main genre like sports and then having to give up all the lifestyle packages as a compromise.

I truly think more people would get foxtel if they really did get some sort of choice that both husband and wife and children could choose what they want rather than having to argue about what package they want leaving someone not happy in the family.

Arguments bout the package chosen only gives me a truly bad taste and not happy wife.

Please do something about giving us some sought of choices in these packages.

eg:I do not have Kids

My package has to include Disney and Nikelodean which i have no interest in.

But to have my Sports channels they include these Kids Channels and took away my wifes favourite Food and lifestyle channels.

All that caused was my wife telling me to get rid of Foxtel and arguments !!!!!!!!!

There is a lot of compettition starting with stan Tv and others now, and would be really satisfied if Foxtel could do something with choice.

regards Spice61

spice61

Hi Jeff 

Sorry to tell you

You are dreaming!!!!!!!!

Foxtel do not tailor any packages to suit you.

Its either take what they have or pay for everything around 240 per month in a bundle.

Have rung them and they are like robots telling you what packages you can have.

They make the packages so you cannot have a little of this and that ,which you may like .

Its either sport with no lifestyle packages to suit your  partner .

regards Spice61

spice61

Hi Stranded

Im with you all the way.

Foxtel will not Tailor packages to suit you.

Take their packages or suck eggs.

Very arrogant,not enough competition

regards spice61

Hi Spice, if you read my original post, I NEVER said definatively that they would. I suggested they would be the best people to talk to about any possible options thank you very much.

Smiley Mad

Signature.gif

spice61

Hi Jeff

Your suggestion s are best kept to themselves ,if you have no solution or answer or experience in a matter.

Do not just post maybes if you do not know thwe answer as this makes it more difficult for people.

Just leave it alone if you have no experience in the matter and maybe the world and Foxtel could change their ways

regards . Spice61

Staffy1
Level 2: Rookie

Well well, maybe in future people should avoid trying to assist you with an attitude like that.

Maybe in future when you buy something you check out your requirements and make sure of what you can and can't do for yourself before buying, then you won't have to blame others for your own short comings.

Maybe before you go taking out your feeling's on someone else who has made a suggestion to you, and you reject it, you just check and see how the help they have given help to hundreds on here has been appreciated.

woody1
Level 4: Private Eye

All you do is take the basic entertainment package then add what you want. Eg docs comedy Drama etc.
LittleToch
Level 3: Gumshoe

Hi, just my 2 cents worth - 

I had for many years held a stand alone subscription with Foxtel and a seperate cable/phone bundle with Telstra.  We moved house about a year ago and decided to go for the T Box with some Foxtel on that. We have NBN etc

Anyway, we have now decided to upgrade to Foxtel from Telstra and keep the same phone/internet bundle as the picture quality was not great on the T Box for the Fox channels (especially sport) and the wife was missing Lifestyle channel.

I specifically asked the question to the Telstra sales person - if I select the meduim entertainment bundle, am I limited to the three choices of packages given for Foxtel ie entertainment at $120 per month, entertainment and sport at $145 per month or platinum at $210 per month.  I specifically asked this as it seemed illogical for it to jump from $145 to 210 per month with no other options in between.  I also knew of the numerous packages you could put together with packs when dealing directly with Foxtel.

The Telstra sales rep clearly advised me (two weeks ago) that you can add extra packs to either of the cheaper packages. 

I rang again today to proceed with the change to my plan ($145 per month option) and to add one more pack (for the kids at $10 per month) and was told the exact opposite - no - it is only the choice of the three noted above.  That's fine, no problem, but I can't see how you get two totally different answers to the same question from the same sales team at Telstra.  I think the sales staff should be able to give an accurate answer. Perhaps more training to understand the product on offer.

So, if you want to add other "packs" to an offered Telstra Foxtel bundle - it can't be done through Telstra.  You have to have Foxtel as stand alone and Foxtel will let you add packs.  Problem is that it is obviously more expensive to do it that way.  Nevermind.

Malthor

LittleToch, I discovered same thing as you.
Kids very disappointed to discover I can't add the Kid's package for an extra $10.

Turns out getting basic FOXTEL separate from Telstra was only $5 more a month. I might enquire about canceling the FOXTEL component of my package and subscribing directly if the traffic is still unmetered.
LittleToch

Malthor

Don't know if you have seen the thread of my other post regarding Foxtel content differences when going through Telstra when compared to Foxtel direct, but the upshot is you can add other packs to an existing package where you have "foxtel through Telstra".

Don't call - do the live chat and yu'll have success.

Cheers

alancramer
Level 2: Rookie

I just used LiveChat and was told I would have to upgrade to the platinum bundle and that Kids could not be added for $10 per month.  I think it is a bit hit and miss.

LittleToch

Hi

I have found it hit and miss too.

Have a look at my thread querying the differing packages available directly through Foxtel and what appears to be offered by Telstra.  

You will see Telstra stating that you can add packs or even "build your own".  Refer to that to get the rep you are dealing with to do this or even PM the telstra rep who made that post for assistance.

jajo73

Foxtel from Telstra has something to please the whole crowd. Choose the package you want and then- if you want to add more or have a little less you can as long as you keep the base Entertainment package.   Don't know if this is what u all mean??  but found this on the Telstra website.

LittleToch

It all went through smoothly for me on Friday.

Foxtel installed and one phone call to Telstra/Foxtel to add the kids pack which was then "live" within 5 minutes.

Cheers

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now