CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Foxtel Service Responsibility

Our Foxtel service (via Telstra) has been out for weeks and despite contracting this service through Telstra, they refuse to directly assist even after Foxtel technicians have confirmed it is a signal fault via Telstra.

What is the benefit of going through Telstra if they are not willing to support a customer directly when it is clearly a Telstra issue. 

Appreciate any advice as to most effective Avenue to achieve some effective action !

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Foxtel Service Responsibility

The signal for a Foxtel service doesn't come from Telstra it comes from Foxtel, via the NBN cable or HFC. Either way, the Foxtel technician needs to organise the fix directly with whoever is responsible. Neither you or Telstra can do it.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

The Foxtel technician who has attended our house our house on two occasions has checked the signal strength at the box in the street and confirmed an extremely weak signal. He stated directly to me that he cannot do anything further and that a Telstra technician needs to attend the street to address the poor signal. Following this Foxtel on the phone confirmed they would send through some type of alert to Telstra to address the fault.

Are you saying two separate people at Foxtel are lying ??

In fact when I told Foxtel that I called Telstra to try and effect some faster repair response they were surprised Telstra would not help me though said " this has been their ( Foxtels experience) that they - Telstra make a habit of refusing to assist and push customers back to Foxtel!

Highlighted

"Following this Foxtel on the phone confirmed they would send through some type of alert to Telstra to address the fault."

Yes, that is exactly what is supposed to happen. Foxtel organise the repairs as they know what information to pass on. You don't have that information,  so you can't do it. Internet and Foxtel signals are sent on different channels and you can raise a fault directly with Telstra on the internet service, but not the Foxtel service. 

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

The frustration is my contract is with Telstra ( Foxtel from Telstra) . That is who I pay religiously every month- yet when something goes wrong Telstra don't want to know me, assist me and happily just keep on charging me totally oblivious and non-caring.  It is a disgrace and Telstra should address this whole aspect professionally to ensure the people contracting the service ( Telstra) take responsibility for the service!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit