sreedman
Level 1: Cadet

Foxtel address serviceability problem

Hi there. Please help me with an address serviceability issue that is driving me INSANE!

1. I live in a new building (opened May 2018) that has NBN FTTP. It was also backboned for Foxtel including wall outlets in every apartment. I am unaware if this infrastructure is HFC or Satellite.

2. Multiple people in the building including the common room have active, current, working Foxtel subscriptions with the iQ3 or iQ4 boxes. I am unaware if these are Foxtel direct vs. Foxtel via Telstra subscriptions

3. I have contacted Telstra multiple times who advise that the address "does not have the correct infrastructure and requires backboning for Foxtel via Satellite".

4. There is an address problem that is known to me - the physical/postal address of the building IS NOT the address that services are registered to in the building. The services including NBN FTTP are (somehow????) registered to the intersecting street. Telling Telstra about this known problem does not seem to help.

Given all of the above, PLEASE tell me HOW AND WHY I cannot get Foxtel from Telstra installed, when I know FOR A FACT that my neighbours have a Foxtel service that is working!!!!!!!!!!!???????? And if it is because I am only able to get Foxtel from Foxtel direct (rather than Telstra) WHY - because it is EXACTLY the same infrastructure and effectively the same company.

HELP

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Foxtel address serviceability problem

As this is a public forum no one here would be able to fix this for you here.

Previously the team had a web form that they could submit to a request for the BOH team to update availability. If it is available in the Foxtel system but not the Telstra system then BOH can match it up, if it is not available in Foxtel system then a request from memory has to go to Foxtel to update their system.

There is also sometimes that the infrastructure isn't noted correctly, so when an order is placed it says it needs work but when they actually book it in the tech identifies that it is available and Foxtel call you directly and just update the order themselves.

You could try validate it on the Foxtel site to see if it picks up your address for it on there and see if you can get it.

Also it will be sat not HFC if it is a newish connection and especially if there is iQ4 as they are only on sat. 

Also, while quite rare, there are very rare times that Foxtel have areas which are only available directly, I haven't seen these for a while but in the past it did some up from time to time.

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Level 25: The Singularity

Given the age of the building, and given that it has FTTP and not HFC, it is most likely a Satellite connection. It could just be that it can only be subscribed directly through Foxtel because it has been setup that way.

And Foxtel is 65% owned by News Corporation.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
sreedman
Level 1: Cadet

Foxtel direct have told me that there is an address serviceability issue too. I can't get anyone to have a tech physically attend the property. I keep being asked to get the body corp to call the support line. Is there a way to insist on an actual person physically attending the property?

It would need to be organised by the Body Corporate (as they have the authority to deal with matters relating to the building) through Foxtel. Telstra cannot assist in that matter as it is a Foxtel backend issue.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more