CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
tg01
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Foxtel from Telstra - Tasmania

Answered

Hi Telstra,

When will I be able to add 'Foxtel from Telstra' to my home bundle. I live in Hobart.

Tim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Foxtel from Telstra - Tasmania

@tg01 wrote:

Yes it is all Foxtel now - however it sounds like the Foxtel we get in Tasmania is not treated the same as the Foxtel elsewhere, at least by Telstra anyway.

I think its the brand names, not how the product is supplied.... Bet if you connected Fox-star that you would get an Austar box Smiley Tongue

Need to wait for all of the services to be delievered over VIVA, the Foxtel Billing platform

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Ben_F

If you receive Foxtel (NOT previously known as Austar), you should be able to transfer that to Foxtel from Telstra right now Smiley Happy

B.

New Users - Click Here!

tg01

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your reply.  I don't actually have Foxtel or Austar connected at the moment.

I just wanted to know when 'Foxtel from Telstra' will be an option for a Telstra home bundle (ie. home phone, internet + tv). Maybe I have to wait until the old Austar is fully integrated with Foxtel ?

Tim

Ben_F

tg01 wrote: 

I just wanted to know when 'Foxtel from Telstra' will be an option for a Telstra home bundle (ie. home phone, internet + tv). Maybe I have to wait until the old Austar is fully integrated with Foxtel ?

Hobart is an Austar area, so I'm guessing the answer is no for now. I've flagged this to a Moderator to see if they can answer for certian however Smiley Happy

B.

New Users - Click Here!

Support Team
Support Team

Heya tg01,

You do actually have the option of adding a 'FOXTEL From Telstra' service to our Home Bundles. Smiley Happy

However, naturally you'd need to be subscribed to the service before we bundled it in with existing broadband and phone services.

If you are within an area that is serviced by Austar, should you connect to a Pay TV service, regrettably, for the time being it cannot be bundled with your service.

Hope this helps, please let me know if you do have any other queries, happy to help. Smiley Happy

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Ben_F

@Renee wrote:

If you are within an area that is serviced by Austar, should you connect to a Pay TV service, regrettably, for the time being it cannot be bundled with your service.

Thats the thing Renee, its all Foxtel now, but its not..... LOL

New Users - Click Here!

tg01

Yes it is all Foxtel now - however it sounds like the Foxtel we get in Tasmania is not treated the same as the Foxtel elsewhere, at least by Telstra anyway.

Ben_F
Accepted Solution

@tg01 wrote:

I think its the brand names, not how the product is supplied.... Bet if you connected Fox-star that you would get an Austar box Smiley Tongue

Need to wait for all of the services to be delievered over VIVA, the Foxtel Billing platform

New Users - Click Here!

kennojay
Level 1: Cadet

I have a fairly definitive answer for you. As part of the take over, the roll out of foxtel services is going to be a partical take over. Foxtel from Telstra is going to be one of the last things as part of the roll out (as I have tried to get it as part of my home bundle) and will be "hopefully" available early 2013 at this stage. The delay has to do with Foxtel signing deals with the regional FTA channels, and being able to incorporate the iQ as opposed to a My Star

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now