CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 4: Private Eye

Foxtel from Telstra

Answered

I have been a loyal customer of Foxtel From Telstra for over 15 years. They don't appear in any way offering any options  for loyal customers. They are only interested in taking your money and increasing costs. The only contact I have is via email telling me of reduced channels but no cost reduction. I am also bitterly disappointed with my repeated phone calls requesting offers for loyal customers. The standard answer is to offer me to change to a new package (at increased cost and contract). A totally disgusted loyal customer of Foxtel from Telstra.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Foxtel from Telstra

Foxtel set the pricing and channel offerings.

Foxtel from Telstra is effectively a single billing arrangement.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
Accepted Solution

Foxtel set the pricing and channel offerings.

Foxtel from Telstra is effectively a single billing arrangement.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

I really don't understand how this could be an 'accepted solution', since it is almost completely off topic. Jupiter are you getting kickbacks from Telstra, because you seem singularly bent on defending their service (or lack thereof) ?

Common sense. So rare it's a SUPERPOWER.
Highlighted

Just because you don't like the truth, doesn't stop it from being the truth.

Foxtel sets the pricing for their product, not Telstra.

Telstra aren't going to offer any discounts if doing so isn't going to give them a commercial advantage. In this case, they would still need to pay Foxtel the same amount for the service.

And no. I'm not getting kickbacks from Telstra.

Highlighted

@No1_Customer 

I just wanted to let you know that @Jupiter  is unable to mark his answers as Accepted Solutions or give them Likes.    It was marked as an Accepted Solution because the information he gave was correct.

Hope this helps.
Deanna

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

I am on Day 7 or an "unplanned" Telstra Outage that is preventing me from getting Foxtel. They repeatedly blame Foxtel, who in turn blames Telstra. Still no television! I have been a Foxtel customer (either direct or via Telstra depending upon price) since its first year of operation. No loyalty whatsoever!

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

I’ve been trying to cancel Sport Channels also, only able to add! How can we be charged for Live Sport when there’s nothing happening?

Highlighted

The truth?  Smiley Happy

• Telstra is a major shareholder of Foxtel.
• Telstra gains commercial advantage through the 'single billing arrangement' you describe.

• Customers are not currently able to cancel Foxtel subscriptions through Telstra.

The only practical way it seems to force change in these circumstances is for customers to stop paying for what they don't want and take matters into dispute.

Highlighted

What solution? I do not have any Foxtel. Try solving that issue!

Highlighted

What solution? I do not have Foxtel (and no Free To Air either as that comes down the cable as well). Perhaps Telstra (that is who I pay for Foxtel) could fix it (or arrange same). It has now been 1 week with no fix and no discussion / solution / compensation ... whatsoever!

PS: people are stuck at home in these trying times and not having the usual entertainment outlet options is sending us stir crazy.

A response from Telstra about what is wrong with the service would be a good start (instead of fobbing the issue off to Foxtel AND/OR not returning calls as promised (poor service is poor service regardless of being short staffed)!!!

Highlighted

No Deanna, that does not really help, but thank you for responding.

The initial post from @tmodel was about long term customers being rewarded for loyalty. This customer described being offered additional services, but only at increased cost and under revised contract terms. The response from @Jupiter was factual, yet did not fully address the issues raised by this customer, so is therefore deficient.

This topic is worth exploring further as it represents the views of a loyal and long standing customer, so presents good opportunity for Telstra to demonstrate customer service, which is clearly not happening. 

I hope this helps to clarify. Smiley Happy

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit