CrowdSupport®
Level 1: Cadet

Foxtel go - can't login

I watch foxtel on my tbox (starter package). Until recently we were able to watch these channels on the foxtel go ap (on my iPad). Now when we try to login to foxtel go we get the message: "Sorry! We can't seem to find a Foxtel on t-box subscription associated to the username provided."

I called Telstra several times, and have spent 2 hours on the phone being passed between t-box, mobile applications, foxtel & billing. Unfortunately no one seems to be able to address this problem.

I have seen this error on the crowd support forum before. Can someone help me?

Thanks.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Foxtel go - can't login

Hey Cal101,

Welcome to Crowd Support Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear of the issues with the Foxtel Go App not recognising the login details from the Foxtel on T-Box connection Smiley Sad

You have advised that this was able to be used in the past with the BigPond email address used for the T-Box subscription, is that correct? Have you completed any changes recently to the iPad, like an update to the app or the main operating system that is being used to access this app?

Can you check your Apple Store if there is an update that is required to be completed so that this is compatible with the new software? if needed can you have the app deleted and then re-installed after a reset to see if this will allow you access again to the Foxtel Go App?

Please let us know how you go? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Hi Dingo. 

Yes we could login to the Foxtel Go app with the bigpond email address used for the t-box subscription (we used it with no problems for approx. 6 months - on 2 separate iPads). 

We have not updated the ios system on the iPads (or made any other changes). We have deleted & reinstalled the app (& I tried downloading the app on my iphone). All devices get the same error.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Cal101, 

I have sent you a private message so we can follow this up further for you 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted

I have the same situation and problem. I am a Foxtel on T-Box customer. I have three devices registered to watch Foxtel Go; 1. iPhone, 2. Mac Book, 3. T-Box. When I enter my Bigpond Login to login and register my Mac Book last week it worked. This week when I login with my Bigpond Login on my registered Mac Book I can't login. I get the error message "Sorry! We can’t log you in, because your Foxtel account has reached the maximum number of device registration changes this month. Note that only three devices can be registered to watch Foxtel GO, with one change allowed per month." I have read the crowd support and reinstalled Microsoft Silverlight and I have the latest version of the Foxtel GO app from the App Store. I have called Telstra and Foxtel support and have been referred to this website for help. Regrettably, it took over an hour of my phone call being redirected between Telstra and Foxtel (who both could not help) to get to this point. Can you reset my registered devices so that I can login on my Mac Book (the one that is already registered)?
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Can someone help me?  I have been using T box - Foxtel go on my iPad for 2 years, every so often Foxtel go locks me out and requires me to log in and each time I have problems doing so. I ring Telstra and get transferred around as it seems their Foxtel support is very limited and no-one at Telstra seems to know who can help so they end up taking pot luck and transferring my call to whoever!  Last time I was able to log back in by deleting the app and reinstalling but this doesn't seem to be working this time. After 35 minutes on the phone I have been advised to leave a message here as there seems to be many customers experiencing the same problem..... Anyone have any ideas? 

Highlighted

I am having the same problem.

Worked for months and then its stopped working. I have made no changes or updates either.

Highlighted

Can someone send me the solution to this also.

I have been using Foxtel Go for months and have had no problems. Now it isn't logging in with the same ID and pw as always.

I have also not made any changes to my iPad?

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

I feel everyone's frustration. How can it bet hat something that has worked for years, all of a sudden decides-I don't recognize you anymore? I spent  nearly an hour  with technicians asking me if I keep putting the wrong username in and that they will send me my forgotten password. Had to explain 3times that I was signing in to my account details, email account and foxtel go on my other registered devices  while talking to them. I think that that proves I know my details.it seems to be the iPad app problem. I tried turning iPad on and off, uninstalling and reinstalling app, checked software updates which were the latest and noticed that the version of foxtel go app that I reinstalled had a bug fix on the 22nd of November. So there is a known problem. 

The final straw was when the technician told me her superior suggested that I wait an hour because I uninstalled  and rental led the app, my device would have reregistered and that was causing the problem. Now I tried to explain that I was having the problem before I did that and that the Telstra troubleshooting suggested this. So how could simply uninstalling and reinstalling the app cause the problem? Wouldn't have done it unless problem there in first place. I actually asked her if she knew what foxtel go and tbox was, because she seemed  to not grasp that I could successfully log in to everything bar the iPad, not that I needed help to remember my username and password of atlas the 4years. Wouldn't have been able to read any emails over last 4 years otherwise🤔 Oh yeah and how did I manage to deregister the iPad as a device on the foxtel go app if I couldn't log in???? Telstra technicians need better training as my contact had no idea what the tbox was and kept calling foxtel go a device.  Seriously, I call a technician, shouldn't they have all the answers because that is their field of expertise funny how so many people seem to find solutions through forums .I was given no solution so I simply uninstalled app and won't be using iPad. Has anyone logged in successfully yet?

Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

Try changing your telstra password it worked for me
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Guys, 

As per http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/T-Box/Foxtel-go-cannot-login-anymore/m-p/526419 you can message me privately with your details so I can check to make sure entitlements are in sync on both T-box Telstra plat form and Foxtel Go's.

- Jon

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit