benchmark171171
Level 1: Cadet

Foxtel iq2

When I get connected to NBN will I still have connection to Foxtel service , this is not with Telstra it is from Foxtel and the connection is a coaxial cable . I have my new modem today and it does not use a coaxial connection . On installation day does the tech use a adapter so I can connect my iQ2 box or does he install a different outlet on the wall just for the NBN and my Foxtel coaxial connection will remain .

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Foxtel iq2

Do you no what type of NBN service you are getting? Only if the NBN service is NBN HFC will the NBN modem need to connect to the coaxial wall plate. For FTTC and FTTN/B connections the modem uses the phone socket. If you are have NBN HFC or FTTC  you should have received a NBN modem (cable adapter) that the Telstra modem connects to.

You can check what type of NBN you are getting at this site

https://www.nbnco.com.au/connect-home-or-business/check-your-address

You should still be able to use the foxtel service. If your NBN service is NBN HFC and only have the one coax all plate will need a coax splitter which should be supplied with NBN modem.

benchmark171171

I will have HFC connection and there was no modem adapter when I opened the new modem that was sent to me it just uses the standard phone connection . Have been told now that the tech from NBN is coming tomorrow afternoon so I will think they would have told its a NBN HFC connection and that he has adapters , will soon find out ?

Support Team
Support Team

Hi @benchmark171171

Apologies the adapter wasn't part of the kit you received. Don't hesitate to let us know how the appointment goes today.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

benchmark171171

I was connected today and the tech who turned up was very good he had every thing that I needed to be connected ,he knew what he was doing . Once I was connect Foxtel worked straight away turned on my computer entered the WiFi code and I was connected to the internet with out any problems . A very smooth install no problems , I know others have had issues but for me its 10 out of 10 .

Support Team
Support Team

Awesome to read you had a smooth connection today benchmark171171, thanks for letting us know!

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now