CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Gazzaly
Level 2: Rookie

Foxtel iq4 upgrade

Incredibly disappointed I no longer have Local Stations 2, 7, 9, 10 in HD after upgrading from foxtel cable to iq4. I would not have installed satellite dish had I known HD service not avaiable in Randwick.
The dish looks so high technology but does not deliver local HD. I hate to watch Sunrise and 7 Cricket coverage , and AFL on Standard definition, so disappointed, gotta go back to Cable now, Leigh

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Foxtel iq4 upgrade

You can't go back to cable for Foxtel. Foxtel are in the process of moving purely to a satellite delivery and will not do connections to HFC.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Gazzaly

hi Jupiter, good to hear from you ...I do have an aerial on the roof...I get the point you can do a connection but I don't know if I have cables still connected from the old aerial which hasn't been used since I bought the house (10 yrs ago)...do those old house aerials work for digital signal? I thought it was ancient history those aerials?

If yes, then I will investigate the aerial cable...I am just astounded more than anything...its amazing to me not all customers are dissatisfied with the Standard Definition...I don't know how customers can view SD after viewing Free to Air Local HD Channels.

Its like Seinfeld Show...you upgrade for better technology, then discover the new arrangement is not as good as what you have resigned. Thanks, Leigh

The aerial on the roof should still work for digital signals. There is fundamentally no difference in the odl and new antennas. As long as the antenna is designed for the correct frequencies and polarity (VHF & UHF antennas are different and the elements need to be aligned correctly - either horizontally or vertically), it will work.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Gazzaly

Hi Jupiter, why? what is the reason for not being able to have local stations Free To Air Channels 207, 209, 210, service on the Dish? Whats the problem?

Bandwidth. Foxtel needs to reserve as much as possible for its own services. Broadcasting terrestrial FTA would chew it all up. Especially if you wanted to broadcast all the regional variants.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now