CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
smokiedawson
Level 3: Gumshoe

Foxtel on Demand won't connect

Answered

Hi, i have fox iqhd box connected direct to modem. I transferred over from foxtel to foxtel from telstra.

i rang 2 days ago to get the on demand activated, which after 25 min on hold on my mobile, the lady did and said all was done. We checked connection and it wouldnt connect, wouldnt download listings, test always unsuccessful. All i got was "i dont know why its not working" and that was that. 

I have ip address etc all seems fine in network connections.  It was working fine when just with foxtel.

Is there something else i need to have activated - ie is there internet as well as on demand?

Also any other way apart from waiting on hold for 25 mins?

thanks for help

genni

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
smokiedawson
Accepted Solution

Re: Foxtel on Demand won't connect

All sorted - did a hard reset "select and back button" hold for 3 seconds.
worked a treat.
cheers

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
smokiedawson
Accepted Solution

All sorted - did a hard reset "select and back button" hold for 3 seconds.
worked a treat.
cheers

View solution in original post

Level 22: Superhuman

G'day Smokiedawson, and welcome to Crowdsupport.

You solved your own problem, and posting the solution may help others in the future, so you get a kudos from me.

If I've helped in some way, a Kudos would be appreciated.
Any opinions I express or advice I give are purely my own, and don't represent Telstra.

kaybe1
Level 1: Cadet

I just tried my on demand for the first time. We got Foxtel I think in 2007 with Foxtel then moved to telstra Coyle years ago my on demand says not connected to phone line but it is as we get interactive weather and the Foxtel tech came to install it. Just spoke to someone at telstra regarding this and I did a reset and no luck. So they are sending out a tech Monday. Do I need to register to use on demand as she didn't state this.
aussie-gran

I can't connect to Foxtell on demand - I tried holding the Back & Select buttons together for 3 seconds as suggested but this didn't work - there is a F501 message - any help

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi aussie-gran

For Foxtel on Demand to work your Foxtel Box needs to have what's called a return path - which is a way that the box can communicate with Foxtel to order items. 
This can either be an Internet connection, or a Phone line. 

Do you have your box connected via the Internet or a Phone line at all?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

aussie-gran

I have been able to reslove the problem thankyou - I just turned all off at the power points & pulled the plugs out for 1min 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now